Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

On the bright side it means you did well in the first interview
Yeah I know. :LOL: I'm honestly a little surprised because while I thought I did well, on the other hand I also thought maybe I screwed myself stumbling over a couple questions from being so nervous and put off guard over the whole interview setup which was over Zoom and was talking to 3 people at once. Even though I did openly admit through my stumbling that I was really nervous and I apologized.

I feel like I want to throw up thinking about this one, but I think I'll be a little more prepared now. At least I know who I'll be talking to this time. I wrote down some things I even forgot to mention the first time, and tried to recall the questions I stumbled on so I can maybe answer them better in case they ask again.

Phoenixx

Today is going to be a better day. I'm meeting up with a friend later this afternoon to talk and do some hiking, haven't seen her since February so I'm excited to see her. My kitty's lab results came in and she has no other infections and kidney function is good, just has this UTI that needs to clear out. She's feeling better already this morning, actually being cuddly and talkative, whereas the last couple days she really didn't want to see me, went off by herself to sleep rather than sleeping next to me, and mainly just kept to herself. She doesn't seem to be running to the litter box as often either which is good. :) Now if only she'd keep up taking her antibiotic. Caught her this morning already trying to pick around it in her food. :rolleyes:

Phoenixx

Pretending I'm distracted while Gus hides his treats around the room always brightens my mood. :LOL:
Gosh that's cute. :LOL: Today I was in the garden picking veg and my girl stood on the other side of the fence begging for peas, so I handed her a couple. When I was done in the garden, I came back to the garage and set my bowl outside the door while I grabbed my other dish to pick the blueberries. Every time I had my back turned she would snatch a pea out of the bowl and run off with it to eat. :LOL: I love that she loves the garden as much as I do haha.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Gosh that's cute. :LOL: Today I was in the garden picking veg and my girl stood on the other side of the fence begging for peas, so I handed her a couple. When I was done in the garden, I came back to the garage and set my bowl outside the door while I grabbed my other dish to pick the blueberries. Every time I had my back turned she would snatch a pea out of the bowl and run off with it to eat. :LOL: I love that she loves the garden as much as I do haha.

What would we do without our little 4-legged scamps? :LOL:

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I've needed a new desktop for a long time now, and after 4 days of researching I know what I want and found a refurbished model last night through the manufacturer's website. Told myself I'd purchase it in the morning. Went to find it today and it's gone. Poooooop. -_- Guess I'll wait a little bit longer to see if another refurbished model comes back in stock.

LoyalXenite

I've needed a new desktop for a long time now, and after 4 days of researching I know what I want and found a refurbished model last night through the manufacturer's website. Told myself I'd purchase it in the morning. Went to find it today and it's gone. Poooooop. -_- Guess I'll wait a little bit longer to see if another refurbished model comes back in stock.

I hate when that happens, I had that happen when I wanted to order a drone, the only affordable option with good ratings was unavailable the day I got my damn birthday money :cry::LOL:

Phoenixx

Applied to 4 very different jobs today completely unrelated to my field of study that I'm pretty much giving up on at this point in time. Hopefully I should hear back from at least one of them and fingers crossed they're not unprofessional either. On another note, for the 3 weeks I've been trying to get ahold of a local animal shelter to adopt a semi-feral cat to be a mouser in my husband's shop. They finally called back today and set up an appointment for tomorrow to meet a couple of their kitties. I'm excited who I'll get to meet. :D

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Be everything you're not and get everything you want.

yesterdaysweather.gif

Miserum

Applied to 4 very different jobs today completely unrelated to my field of study that I'm pretty much giving up on at this point in time. Hopefully I should hear back from at least one of them and fingers crossed they're not unprofessional either. On another note, for the 3 weeks I've been trying to get ahold of a local animal shelter to adopt a semi-feral cat to be a mouser in my husband's shop. They finally called back today and set up an appointment for tomorrow to meet a couple of their kitties. I'm excited who I'll get to meet. :D

Job 1: Antelope Handler
Job 2: Filipino fisherwoman
Job 3: Janitor at Def Jam Recordings
Job 4: Presidential (of Urinal Cakes Inc.) food taster

Keep at it. You'll get there!

Phoenixx

The working cat we adopted on Saturday has been settling in the shop well. I'm still getting used to her personality and figuring out her quirks. I feel bad how overlooked she was at the shelter. I can tell she didn't get that much attention because now that's all she wants, but she gets overstimulated very easily, so when she's begging for attention and wants all the pets, she's quick to then cuff you and hiss. She did bite me today too, wasn't hard enough to break skin, but enough to say, "Hey I really love these pets, but I can't handle all this stimulation!"

I was brushing her earlier today too since she really needed it. She's a really heavy girl (almost 14 lbs.) and doesn't/can't clean herself because she's such a chunk, plus she has medium length fur, so she needs a good brushing once in a while. She loves being brushed, but I took advantage of it too much and got her way too over-stimulated to the point where she jumped up and hissed at me, then proceeded to back up and growl at me, so I backed off and left. I hate that we have to keep her inside the shop for the next 4 weeks, but I know it's for the best so she can get used to her surroundings so once she is outside, she won't lose her way and she'll stay close. I took some of my indoor kitty's old toys and gave them to her to help with any boredom and/or stimulation while she's in there.