Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Miserum

giphy.gif

Phoenixx

I bit the bullet and upgraded my internet services today after dealing with crappy internet for the last 5 years because I'm cheap and I also wasn't home as often as I am now. Now I have the same speeds as everyone else, but I am not looking forward to paying 5 times more. Gotta love money-hungry corporations. :rolleyes:

Mother Nature is well and truly F#ked.

It is supposed to be Autumn (or Fall) where I live, but today it is currently 34C (93.2F).
I am still waiting to have a day temperature below 31C (87.8F)

Years ago the daily temperatures in the first month of Autumn (or Fall) would normally be around 10 degrees Celsius (18 F) below what they are currently! :cry:

We have just had the hottest summer ever in recorded. Again. And 2018 broke the previous record for the hottest year ever recorded by a large margin over the previous hottest.

So, cold and snow records have been broken over the other side of the world. While heat, heatwaves and the lengths of heatwaves previous records, have been broken on this side.

Farmers must have had lots of failed crops because of these two extremes. I am dreading the coming price increases of fresh fruit and vegetables.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

My advisor emailed me today about a volunteer opportunity teaching a cooking class at a culinary program for teens after I graduate. I'm kinda surprised I was even thought about for something like that, and I'm equally nervous as I've never had any sort of teaching experience. I don't really want to turn this down, even though the thought of driving to a place I don't know and basically talking and guiding a bunch of students scares the heck out of me. I feel like maybe if I do this I might find it interesting or it might even open some doors I never considered...?

Of course I don't plan on living in this area for very long now that I'll be done with college, but I'll still be here for a couple years at most. Might as well make the most of it I guess...? I shouldn't confine myself to just working a factory/production job for the rest of that time, right?

LoyalXenite

My advisor emailed me today about a volunteer opportunity teaching a cooking class at a culinary program for teens after I graduate. I'm kinda surprised I was even thought about for something like that, and I'm equally nervous as I've never had any sort of teaching experience. I don't really want to turn this down, even though the thought of driving to a place I don't know and basically talking and guiding a bunch of students scares the heck out of me. I feel like maybe if I do this I might find it interesting or it might even open some doors I never considered...?

Of course I don't plan on living in this area for very long now that I'll be done with college, but I'll still be here for a couple years at most. Might as well make the most of it I guess...? I shouldn't confine myself to just working a factory/production job for the rest of that time, right?

You could always give it a trial run, then if you dont like it at least you know you gave it a go

I know that would definitely be a difficult decision to make, wondering whether the benefits would outweigh the added stress of a job like that. :unsure: However, do include in your consideration, the fact that working in a culinary teaching role for teens, would look much better on your Resume than a factory job.

Loyal's suggestion is great - of giving it a trial run, to see if you like it and can handle it. (y)

theoutsider

Lately, I've had the feeling that since I've been happy at my job for over two years, I now have a target on my back and random people have been trying to get under my skin. So far, I've been successful at brushing their attempts off. I refuse to go back to the days when work was pure misery for me.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I know that would definitely be a difficult decision to make, wondering whether the benefits would outweigh the added stress of a job like that. :unsure: However, do include in your consideration, the fact that working in a culinary teaching role for teens, would look much better on your Resume than a factory job.

Loyal's suggestion is great - of giving it a trial run, to see if you like it and can handle it. (y)
This ^^ (y)

Kiwong

Throughout my life I have found that my difference to the ignorant has been put down to my sexuality. By remaining a virgin it is something I have control over. It is something that I that I can withhold from this hormone driven humanity. Those that assume, to them stuff you don't know me.

It's one of the most disappointing feelings.. going to have another sip from your coffee cup only to discover you've finished it last sip..

oh hell yes! :oops:
That, and wasting time looking for the last little bit of your sandwich you were eating while moving around the house, as you were absolutely sure you did have one last bit left somewhere.
Thinking If only you could find where you left it!.....only to eventually come to the conclusion that you did NOT actually have one last little bit left after all. :rolleyes:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
oh hell yes! :oops:
That, and wasting time looking for the last little bit of your sandwich you were eating while moving around the house, as you were absolutely sure you did have one last bit left somewhere.
Thinking If only you could find where you left it!.....only to eventually come to the conclusion that you did NOT actually have one last little bit left after all. :rolleyes:
:LOL: oh you know my pain Blue...