Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
The trick is never putting the sandwich down.

giphy.gif

A question..... while I have been loving the layout/features of this new design for SPW, I am wondering - can everybody see the conversations that go in each members "Inbox" - like everyone can see everyone's "profile posts" ?
Or are the "inbox" conversations private like the old PM's??? :unsure:

theoutsider

A question..... while I have been loving the layout/features of this new design for SPW, I am wondering - can everybody see the conversations that go in each members "Inbox" - like everyone can see everyone's "profile posts" ?
Or are the "inbox" conversations private like the old PM's??? :unsure:

When I click on your profile, I can see messages that members have sent you. Weird. I thought stuff like that was supposed to be private.

Phoenixx

With lower anxiety my mind has room for more constructive thoughts to flow through. I am more actively working on my interests and more productive at work.
That's awesome! I, too, am more productive and active these days. I still deal with anxiety obviously, especially at school, but my anxiety is no where near how it used to be when I first joined this site when I was still in high school. I notice a huge difference in my attitude when I'm not dealing with college, or with my family, or with toxic people in general. Eating healthy and cutting out pretty much all junk foods have made a difference too. During my dark days, I feel like I'm still the same person, but I really don't give myself enough credit. I have made a lot of positive changes in my life that have had a HUGE affect on my anxiety and depression. I'm not cured, I never will be, but it is about management and it's taken a long time to get to where I am now.

Give yourself a good pat on the back, Kiwong. It's hard to get anxiety manageable to reach the point you're at now, but man does it feel good.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I find it near on impossible to form a friendship with someone if we aren't spending time together such as in class, work, sport etc..
I know that sounds kinda obvious and a bit dumb, but if I haven't spent any time with a person, I feel I have nothing to talk to them about. It's a real disconnect for me.
How the hell do people just meet and start talking like they're long lost pals?? :oops:
I don't understand how they do it.

Kiwong

That's awesome! I, too, am more productive and active these days. I still deal with anxiety obviously, especially at school, but my anxiety is no where near how it used to be when I first joined this site when I was still in high school. I notice a huge difference in my attitude when I'm not dealing with college, or with my family, or with toxic people in general. Eating healthy and cutting out pretty much all junk foods have made a difference too. During my dark days, I feel like I'm still the same person, but I really don't give myself enough credit. I have made a lot of positive changes in my life that have had a HUGE affect on my anxiety and depression. I'm not cured, I never will be, but it is about management and it's taken a long time to get to where I am now.

Give yourself a good pat on the back, Kiwong. It's hard to get anxiety manageable to reach the point you're at now, but man does it feel good.

Well done Phoenix, it's a long road, but it is good to be in a place where the world is easier.

SilentAndShy

Why must my heartbeat so quickly - and I can feel it - that makes me so anxious in difficult, confrontational meetings? In the last few days I've had these experiences and in both, I'm stumbled and quivered my words out probably leaving my subject either confused or in my work environment, thinking "he doesn't know what he's talking about". I have no idea how to make my inner body be calm so at least it's not making my heart beat that I can think it may just come out of my chest!

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Why must my heartbeat so quickly - and I can feel it - that makes me so anxious in difficult, confrontational meetings? In the last few days I've had these experiences and in both, I'm stumbled and quivered my words out probably leaving my subject either confused or in my work environment, thinking "he doesn't know what he's talking about". I have no idea how to make my inner body be calm so at least it's not making my heart beat that I can think it may just come out of my chest!

Yeah I know how you feel and I don't know if I should try to give advice on this, since I have a hard time myself staying calm in confrontational situations, but here's the few tricks I found so far to keep a certain control:

Before the meeting, try to put your ideas in order so that they come out more easily.

Make clear, short sentences and write them down. Try to memorize them.

Take slow, deep breath to calm yourself down before going to your meeting. Try to put yourself in the mindset that today, you're the most easy going person in the world.

Keep breathing slow and deep as you go to your meeting, and bring your piece of paper.

Keep breathing slow and deep during the meeting.

Don't look the person in the eyes when you speak if it makes you lose your calm and forget your ideas. You can look at them when you're done speaking or when you say the last words of your sentence.

Don't waste your energy trying to cut people while they are speaking, unless really necessary. Just wait for your turn, and keep breathing slow and deep while you listen.

When they finally shut up, say your clear, short sentences. Try to speak clearly and not too fast. Look at your paper if needed. It might look odd, but who cares.

For anything that is not on your paper, take your time to think and breathe before answering, even if the person in front of you look impatient.

That's all I got for now. It's been working well enough for me.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
YES!!!!!!!! Game of Thrones is back Monday night for the EPIC finale season! I can't wait!
:cool::p:love:
It's a bitter sweet feeling though... I'm so happy that I'll get to see some of my fav characters again.. but so sad that this is the last season.. :cry: