Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

LoyalXenite

That's the first I've heard of something like that. It sounds reasonable though. Who told you about that?

I dont remember when or where I learnt it tbh, but it stuck and I've found it useful. If you're not disappointed then you dont care either way so might as well let the coin decide, and if you're happy with the result then it was what you wanted, if you're disappointed you've learnt what it was you actually wanted. So it works pretty well for those moments when you just cant choose

What r you talking about specifically?
The guy that I am dating, I am unsure if I really want to date him or not. One day he will get on my nerves, the next, I will be happy spending time with him. The age difference still makes me uncomfortable and definitely is present in terms of experience (plus we have to sneak around his mom which is something I am too old to be doing). He doesn’t drive which is something I should be accepting of considering I JUST got my license a few months ago, but, like a jerk I’m not. I feel like the guy should WANT to drive and drive the girl around. I was behind a Mustang GT and fantasized about having a boyfriend who picks me up in one and we go on dates and stuff. I asked the universe for a gay guy (jokingly because I like metrosexual guys with immaculate hygiene, good taste, and who are sensitive) and it definitely responded lol. I feel like my boyfriend is too effeminate for me.

Another thing is his desire to try to convert me to Christianity. I can respect his beliefs, but cannot be expected to convert - I feel like that’s so disrespectful to me. Like, my beliefs don’t matter because they’re “not true” in his mind. He is a very intelligent person - more so than I - which causes him to talk to me or give me information as if I know nothing, which is frustrating.

But, on the other hand... he is very doting and attentive. Strokes my ego everyday by calling me a model and telling me how beautiful I am. He gives me massages, pays for our dates, is very honest and blunt (I like that), is responsible, has a good sense of humor etc.

I just don’t know what to do :/

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
It's not easy to take the decision to leave the city. If I move into the woods, I'm afraid that development would quickly reach me and what was woods all around would be transformed into a town full of annoying families.

LoyalXenite

So.. NYE very shortly. Whats everyone up to for it? Some BIG parties I bet!... ;)
15823032_10154250735560745_8078766685281806391_n.jpg

SilentAndShy

I have had an abysmal start to this year, my anxiety was getting on top of me in terms of things that needed doing (car repairs, for which I have no clue about how to do it or to even ask someone; heating issues at home that I have to sort but not sure how) and it is my week off so I planned for a quiet week to try and tackle more my anxiety relating to my driving and my twin children who are three months old. But the aforementioned issues put paid to that and I ended up in a miserable mood, affecting my wife primarily.

However, my wife asked why consistently and as my mood disrupted our plans she continued to ask this morning. I just couldn't open up, maybe I will later but in that moment, my mouth was stuck closed. I could only mumble some vague words. And then, IDK why, I burst in tears - the first time I've cried like that in years. I'm devoid of emotion when others cry, maybe that's why I cried like that after a long time but I just feel like I'm failing as a man, as a husband to my family despite my wife saying I'm the best. I wish my anxiety didn't cripple me to the point I can't get things done to protect and look after my family.

I even thought about possibly, ending it all but I don't have the courage for that so maybe I just have to persevere for the people that rely on me.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I have had an abysmal start to this year, my anxiety was getting on top of me in terms of things that needed doing (car repairs, for which I have no clue about how to do it or to even ask someone; heating issues at home that I have to sort but not sure how) and it is my week off so I planned for a quiet week to try and tackle more my anxiety relating to my driving and my twin children who are three months old. But the aforementioned issues put paid to that and I ended up in a miserable mood, affecting my wife primarily.

However, my wife asked why consistently and as my mood disrupted our plans she continued to ask this morning. I just couldn't open up, maybe I will later but in that moment, my mouth was stuck closed. I could only mumble some vague words. And then, IDK why, I burst in tears - the first time I've cried like that in years. I'm devoid of emotion when others cry, maybe that's why I cried like that after a long time but I just feel like I'm failing as a man, as a husband to my family despite my wife saying I'm the best. I wish my anxiety didn't cripple me to the point I can't get things done to protect and look after my family.

I even thought about possibly, ending it all but I don't have the courage for that so maybe I just have to persevere for the people that rely on me.

Hang in there, S&S. :(

I can't imagine what a strain that must be, having social phobia while taking care of a family.