Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MollyBeGood

I hate how I try so hard not to be desperate, but am so lonely, end up being desperate anyway. Have you heard of the book “Are You My Mother?” By Dr. Seuss? I feel like that’s me, but with “the one”. This situation with the guy I liked at school definitely isn’t going to work out, nor are we a good match. I just jumped the gun and got too excited. He asked me to see a movie tonight and I said yes. I didn’t think it was a date until he paid for our tickets and showed up with a hair cut and wearing cologne. He’s such a nice, good, intelligent person, but he annoyed me almost the whole time. Aside from that he finally revealed his age; he’s 19. So yeah, after that I was definitely like “nope”. He told me he had feelings for me tonight and I had to friend zone him because we are nearly a decade apart. Maybe I should just stay single because I don’t really know what I want anymore.

Oh no! Apparently he doesn't care about your age though, right? Or when he said he was 19 did you tell him you were 28 and he wasn't interested? Age is just a number really anyways. I am sorry you felt it was doomed bc of the difference though. If you are looking for something serious and long term obviously that would end up being an issue but if you wanted a nice fun fling then who cares. He annoyed you the whole night though-why? Ugh sorry it didn't work out, Sarah I know you were so hopeful.

Oh no! Apparently he doesn't care about your age though, right? Or when he said he was 19 did you tell him you were 28 and he wasn't interested? Age is just a number really anyways. I am sorry you felt it was doomed bc of the difference though. If you are looking for something serious and long term obviously that would end up being an issue but if you wanted a nice fun fling then who cares. He annoyed you the whole night though-why? Ugh sorry it didn't work out, Sarah I know you were so hopeful.
He has known that I am 27 from the get go, but yeah, age doesn’t matter to him. It does to me, though. He told me that I look and act 24 which I don’t know if that’s a compliment or an insult lol.

Although he is very intelligent, kind, and we have some things in common, when he doesn’t know what certain things are because they’re out of his demographic, the age difference becomes palpable. Additionally, things that are normal for his age like not driving, being unemployed, and living with his mom, are issues for me. I want the next relationship I get into to come with the prospect of marriage and having a family. I also want a partner who has a career and is better situated in that sense. I think the best course of action for me right now is to just stay focused on school, improve upon myself, and stay single for now. I’m okay with that, I think.

MollyBeGood

He has known that I am 27 from the get go, but yeah, age doesn’t matter to him. It does to me, though. He told me that I look and act 24 which I don’t know if that’s a compliment or an insult lol.

Although he is very intelligent, kind, and we have some things in common, when he doesn’t know what certain things are because they’re out of his demographic, the age difference becomes palpable. Additionally, things that are normal for his age like not driving, being unemployed, and living with his mom, are issues for me. I want the next relationship I get into to come with the prospect of marriage and having a family. I also want a partner who has a career and is better situated in that sense. I think the best course of action for me right now is to just stay focused on school, improve upon myself, and stay single for now. I’m okay with that, I think.

When it comes to this sort of thing it’s like the more we want and focus on it the more difficult it becomes. Frustrating and depressing too. It would be really wise like you said to maybe just not focus on finding a relationship anymore and continue with your career. Have you considered freezing your eggs? That might be a good option for you and give you some peace of mind maybe.