Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Jason-Lee-Mallrats-2-938x535.png

I haven't been this happy in a very long time.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
When you've talked to someone online for a looong time and like them a lot wouldn't you want to video chat at some point? Even if you felt uncomfortable? It's always nerve-wracking talking to someone on cam for the first time, but you push past it and ideally become comfortable. You can't be friends with words on a screen forever.

I'm hurt, my friend is understandably anxious but he doesn't even seem to want to talk to me face to face. He said he will anyway but that's because I've nagged him and he is very reluctant. What's the point then? What's the point of any of it? I care for him too much to be content texting forever. **** that. If it's that then I just can't do it anymore :sad: It's just me, after all. We've only known each other four years now...

Remember these two words;
Social Anxiety.
:)

S_Spartan

When you've talked to someone online for a looong time and like them a lot wouldn't you want to video chat at some point? Even if you felt uncomfortable? It's always nerve-wracking talking to someone on cam for the first time, but you push past it and ideally become comfortable. You can't be friends with words on a screen forever.

I'm hurt, my friend is understandably anxious but he doesn't even seem to want to talk to me face to face. He said he will anyway but that's because I've nagged him and he is very reluctant. What's the point then? What's the point of any of it? I care for him too much to be content texting forever. **** that. If it's that then I just can't do it anymore :sad: It's just me, after all. We've only known each other four years now...
Can't you just voice chat next and then work your way up to video chat?

Good article

How Modern Lifestyles Activate Ancient Stress ResponsesÂ*|Â*Dr. Tian Dayton

Stress and anxiety are absolutely killing me and I've been exercising and eating better and it isn't enough. I really don't know what else to do - the number of tasks on my list can't really be reduced. WHY AM I SO ****ING NEUROTIC. I don't want to be this patheticcccccccccccc

I know plenty of non-neurotic people are extremely stressed too, though, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. But I am way too sensitive and reactional to stressors and I do not know how to change it. I internalize everything.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I am SO BORED on the phone, 5 minutes feels like forever and I can't stay interested in what the other person is saying even if I try. All I do is throw monosyllables to indicate that I'm still there and sometimes I even forget because my mind wandered elsewhere. I feel sorry for anyone who still bothers to call me.

Hoppy

We should phone each other and just say nothing, going on with our day.

And if anyone want to socialize we can just tell them: "Sorry, I am on the phone"

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^Haha that would be an idea. But I would still be bored out of my mind wondering when I can hang up that damn thing and go do something else.

So yeah... It's not gonna work. :D

AlienGeranium

I dunno, personally I don't see much more of appeal of video chatting over texting. I had friends who I knew for years on line, I had good online friends that I knew for years, and video or voice chatted with most of them at one point or another, but it felt like a special occasion type thing, just to know what it's like. This may be a personal reference, since I frankly communicate a lot easier and more articulately through text, and it might be the same case for your friend.

Blaming a victim for an evil act someone else has done to them is getting really old and is just the laziest way of thinking. :thumbdown:

"Yeah, just change your attitude.
If you've had your leg bitten off by a shark, then hey, you should not have been a human full of tasty blood, swimming at the beach anyway"!

:kickingmyself:

I think I agree, you shouldn't blame someone for get their leg bit off in a random shark attack. How the person deals with the lost leg though, is their responsibility I think. Obviously the first thing they should do is get help, not just lie on the beach and bleed out. If the thought of being immobile brings them down, they can get a wheelchair, or a cane, or a prosthetic limb. And if they want to live their life with the mentality "My life sucks without a leg, this is all that sharks fault, I hate him. I am just going to keep being miserable until my leg grows back" that's not the sharks fault. Yes, not having a leg is the sharks fault, and it sucks, but being legless isn't a death sentence. Situations in life can be difficult, they can be hard, undesirable, and painful. It is a major part of life, which as people dealing with is a major part of growing up. The bad things that happen aren't always your fault, but dealing and coping with them is your responsibility.

^Just be thankful you at least have a way of still communicating with your text-chat-buddy.

I have text-only chatted with a guy for over 5 years now. He left a cryptic message, and now he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Have no other way to contact him. :crying: :crying:
Is he in hospital, jail or six feet under the ground? :idontknow:

They're little horror story vignettes of life in FNQ :]
Ah ok. You trying to jinx me? :eek: ;)
I already want to move further south, this unusual Autumn heat and humidity is killing me. I see the weather in the news of the temperatures of where you are and I am so envious. :p

I'm definitely emotionally broken.
Has someone said that to you? I often wonder what is emotionally "normal"?
Women have a stereotype of being over-emotional, and men have a stereotype of not being emotional enough. :idontknow: :thinking:

anomicdeer

I'll try the best I can to get rid of his cold so it's gone by morning. I'm pissed tht he gets sick when I hve to go somewhere or want to go out!

I can't lose out on this opportunity. I'm NOT gonna let that ****ing happen! That's why we're in this position now!

Ithior

Thought my smartphone's screen was too small to play gameboy games but it's actually good. This is cool because now I can play lots of games on my phone that occupy little space, as opposed to actual android games which are pretty big and not very entertaining. My phone can't run most android games because it has nearly no free RAM, even though I'm running only essential apps.