Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

twiggle

My strong hands are at the ready.

I'm buggered! Drove to and from Sydney in spitting rain and awful traffic. The whole trip took me several hours - longer than what I had anticipated. Time to relax for the rest of this overcast Saturday.

I didn't realise it could rain in Australia ::p:

I don't know why I'm still awake. But ummm. My cat hissed at me for no reason :( I was just trying to let her out of the hallway and she kept meowing at me and then hissed. What did I dooooo? :(

Also, this (from here: HowStuffWorks "How Hangovers Work"):

"The morning after heavy drinking, the body sends a desperate message to replenish its water supply -- usually manifested in the form of an extremely dry mouth. Headaches result from dehydration because the body's organs try to make up for their own water loss by stealing water from the brain, causing the brain to decrease in size and pull on the membranes that connect the brain to the skull, resulting in pain." :eek::eek::eek:

WTF??? Did anyone else know this? That freaks me out so much I never want to become dehydrated again.

Oh gosh - I knew the headaches were from dehydration but didn't know how. I had some wine last night so I think I'll get lots of glasses of water in before my body organs ask my brain!

Starry

That is adorable, great job! :)

This is pretty amazing. Are you taking commissions?

Thank you, all. No, I'm not taking commissions... I think I'd die from stress if I did... I enjoy making things, but I get stressed in case I do something wrong, if I was doing it for someone else, that would be quadrupled! :eek:

I wish today was over already, or that it was at least later this afternoon... My husband's mother and sister are coming to visit for a few hours... I woke up feeling anxious and my stomach is in knots. *Sigh*

Winja

WTF??? Did anyone else know this? That freaks me out so much I never want to become dehydrated again.

Yep, knew it. A pint of water before bed. A pint on the bedside table and one in the morning. Just make sure you're not so drunk that you end up wetting yourself! This and a fatty fried breakfast and you're good for the rest of the day.

ps you might throw up but this is also part of the hangover cure. Oh, to be young again.:thumbup:

It needs to be said; slightly chubby people are sexy.

Not to be mistaken with actual dangerous obesity, that just makes me nervous. Not because it's ugly persé, but it's similar to someone strongly under the influence of drugs or alcohol, knowing their health is at risk is scary. The scare factor makes it unappealing.

MrJones

Not to be mistaken with actual dangerous obesity, that just makes me nervous. Not because it's ugly persé, but it's similar to someone strongly under the influence of drugs or alcohol, knowing their health is at risk is scary. The scare factor makes it unappealing.
Indeed, and the same happens to me with really skinny people, I can't stop worrying. I say enjoy food, but eat enough yet not too much, and exercise! ::p:

truffleshuffle

Well said. I also agree although I am more than a little chubby right now but I am working on dropping pounds. I am 5ft 6 or 7 and started at 260 and have dropped almost 30 pounds. I have made it 235 pounds and shooting for at least an even 200.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
New photobucket, new youtube, and now NEW SPW :eek: (and new smilies :cool:) SO MUCH IS CHANGING...on the internet at least ::p:

coyote

...WTF??? Did anyone else know this? That freaks me out so much I never want to become dehydrated again.

yes, i did know this

but, then again, i've been drinking professionally for 30 years

there's also a connection to sugar somehow - alcoholic beverages with a high sugar content produce a worse hangover - the higher the sugar, the worse the headache

that's why mead hangovers are particularly nasty, and absinthe (which is diluted with water and pure sugar), cocktails made with sweet soft drinks or syrups, etc.

Gaucho

bdd is one of the worst things ever. when i have it, it can destroy everything. sometimes I'm free of it.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
agreed

do we need to know how minutes ago something was posted?

i'd rather know who posted something, not when

that said, i use the "New Posts" page most of the time anyway

God yes. I don't mind the way the page is organized... but It really bugged me to see the "HURR DURR 4 MINUTES AGO" thing. I really hope they change it back, it's awful.

coyote

God yes. I don't mind the way the page is organized... but It really bugged me to see the "HURR DURR 4 MINUTES AGO" thing. I really hope they change it back, it's awful.

now it's on the forum posts, too

"5 minutes ago"

"1 hour ago"

what was wrong with the date and time?

maybe not everyone can add and subtract