Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

This!
Couldn't have said it better.

To think that they're naturally mean/aggressive is.....stupid.

But they are naturally mean and aggressive :p I forget the lady's name, she was an activist for pit bulls, she fought for years for them. Then one day one of her pit bulls inexplicably attacked and killed her. Oh, but there are no bad dogs, just bad owners. Riiiiiight...

Sorry, don't buy it.

If you want to know the truth:

http://cravendesires.blogspot.com/

GhastlyCC

My best friend has a pitbull.
She is HUGE.
And she's the sweetest dog in the world.
She barks less than my red heeler and never runs towards his fence when people walk by.(And he lives next to a school. So there's heavy traffic by the fence)
She's just a very chill,very sweet dog.
That's all the proof that I need to show me that not all of them are bad. ;)

Any dog can have a bad attitude.
Pitbull's just have the muscle/size to make a bad attitude more dangerous.
But not all of them have a bad temper you see. ;)
It's their size that comes to them naturally and what makes them a potential threat.
Not what's rolling around in their heads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysnbg7z07kw&feature=related

Last edited:
Oh my god oh my god Sinister is available to watch on the movie site I use! I've been waiting for it to be posted on there. I never used to be big on scary movies but since becoming more escapist in nature, I want to watch them... I will be covering my eyes and/or looking away though, and I'll probably scream like a little girl a few times :rolleyes:

My best friend has a bit bull.
She is HUGE.
And she's the sweetest dog in the world.
She barks less than my red heeler and never runs towards his fence when people walk by.(And he lives next to a school. So there's heavy traffic by the fence)
She's just a very chill,very sweet dog.
That's all the proof that I need to show me that not all of them are bad. ;)

Any dog can have a bad attitude.
Pit bull's just have the muscle/size to make a bad attitude more dangerous.
But not all of them have a bad temper you see. ;)
It's their size that comes to them naturally and what makes them a potential threat.
Not what's rolling around in their heads.

My roommate's chihuahua wants to kill me - YouTube

Exactly. While it is true that dogs bred for fighting (in the past) can require some extra attention in some cases compared to the more timid breeds, dogs never become the blood thirsty villains people make them out to be on their own.

It's a silly myth that all those dogs are dangerous. If they are violent, the person responsible is to blame. Of course they turn mean if they; keep the animal on a leash in the yard for its entire life, when the animal is not corrected when correction is due, when the animal is not rewarded when rewards are due, when they don't teach the dog any human/dog social interaction skills, or when the animal is placed in a tense/violent environment.

People can point fingers and demonize all they want, it's never the dog's fault (unless its is mentally ill).

People can point fingers and demonize all they want, it's never the dog's fault (unless its is mentally ill).

That's what the pit supporters would have you believe. The thing with these dogs though is that they often snap anyway, in spite of being treated quite well. There have been plenty of reports of seemingly docile pitbulls attack for seemingly no reason. Just as a border collie is hard-wired to herd, and a pointer is going to point, pitbulls are specifically bred for violence and aggression and so it should come as no surprise when they revert back to their genetically hard-wired nature. Just read some of this information.

The TRUTH About Pit Bulls

Yes, all dogs can bite and get mean, but pitbulls often do so for no good reason (other than their innate urge to, which people deny), and they are more dangerous because they are physically more hardy and strong. Yes, the locked jaw thing is a myth, but they DO bite very hard and refuse to let go.

Anyway that's all I have to say, you probably won't convince me and I obviously won't be convincing anyone. That's the way these controversial issues work. Just, if you have a pitbull, please keep it far, far away from me.

Edit: here's the story I was talking about earlier, about the activist woman who was killed by her pitbull. The dog was always well-behaved, and one day just snapped:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-woman-dies-mauled-pet-dog-living-room.html

I want those things banned, haha. Scary as hell.

Last edited:

dottie

when people have to desperately say, "see, not ALL of them are bad!" it's not convincing. stereotypes exist for a reason.

Labyrinthine

I went into an animal shelter recently to transport two dogs for the rescue. The shelter was full, and a good 95% of the dogs there were pitbulls. No joke, all lined up. A few were quite obviously used for fighting. It was quite sad.

1BlackSheep

Yes, I do, if they're raised properly and not by macho scumbags. Unfortunately those types of people are attracted to that type of dog because it goes well with their "reputation", so you hear more about them being aggressive. But that's because these people deliberately make them that way. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. And sadly there are a *lot* of bad owners out there.
Thanks RB (and TruffleShuffle, CastleRose, Greybeard Ghost, GhastlyCC, and BlackPuma)! I agree 110%! :) Any breed of dog can become aggressive if not well socialized as a young pup.

I went into an animal shelter recently to transport two dogs for the rescue. The shelter was full, and a good 95% of the dogs there were pitbulls. No joke, all lined up. A few were quite obviously used for fighting. It was quite sad.
And here in California, it's Chihuahuas in addition to Pits. So, so many sweet souls who's lives are in jeopardy thanks to their idiot human owners!

Last edited:
Sometimes the kindness of others surprises me. Or just the fact that they were thinking of you. Revives my hope in humanity for a while :p

MikeyC

Sometimes the kindness of others surprises me. Or just the fact that they were thinking of you. Revives my hope in humanity for a while :p
There are lots of good people out there. You just have to wade through the weeds. :) What happened?

Starry

So many things in this world are a complete joke... Propaganda is the word of the day! And indeed, the word governing everything, seemingly...

planemo

So many things in this world are a complete joke... Propaganda is the word of the day! And indeed, the word governing everything, seemingly...

that is so true. i don't watch anything news related these days due to propaganda. the media has the ability to subtly turn just about anyone into a follower of it's agendas. people are no longer free, i think. since it's our minds we hand over to others.

Lea

Banned
That's what the pit supporters would have you believe. The thing with these dogs though is that they often snap anyway, in spite of being treated quite well. There have been plenty of reports of seemingly docile pitbulls attack for seemingly no reason. Just as a border collie is hard-wired to herd, and a pointer is going to point, pitbulls are specifically bred for violence and aggression and so it should come as no surprise when they revert back to their genetically hard-wired nature. Just read some of this information.

Yes, all dogs can bite and get mean, but pitbulls often do so for no good reason (other than their innate urge to, which people deny), and they are more dangerous because they are physically more hardy and strong. Yes, the locked jaw thing is a myth, but they DO bite very hard and refuse to let go.

Anyway that's all I have to say, you probably won't convince me and I obviously won't be convincing anyone. That's the way these controversial issues work. Just, if you have a pitbull, please keep it far, far away from me.

Edit: here's the story I was talking about earlier, about the activist woman who was killed by her pitbull. The dog was always well-behaved, and one day just snapped:

Darla Napora: Pregnant woman dies after being mauled by pet dog in living room | Mail Online

I am no expert on pitbulls, but I tend to agree with you, tbh I rarely trust any dogs (the aggresive ones), I think they are unpredictable, you never know what they will do. At least I don´t.

AGR

wow I had forgotten how pokemon is addicting,the games I mean,the three first ones or four(?) were one of the most addicting rpg I ever played on my gaming days,dont care what people think of me,its a really good game.

knowledgeofself

Darla Napora: Pregnant woman dies after being mauled by pet dog in living room | Mail Online

when people say that they aren't dangerous or in their nature to be dangerous that is just silly. BUT it is down to the owners more than the dogs themselves and by owners I mean the people that bring it up from a puppy.
that article is unusual, i've seen quite a few first hand pitbulls that are fine and very good natured so idk what the hell happened there?...

I think a better option is to encourage a licence to own a dog or a dangerous dog that way it will stop people from breeding them to be aggressive.