Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

TheTemp

I find that whenever I put myself in "snooze" mode, I tend to snooze for much longer than just an hour, if I put my alarm an hour ahead that is. I'll try sleeping very early. But I want 10 hours of sleep. 8 does not cut it for me. It impairs my ability to function. Maybe I need to go back to the gym, do higher levels of activity reduce the amount of sleep one needs?

Amitush123

I find that whenever I put myself in "snooze" mode, I tend to snooze for much longer than just an hour, if I put my alarm an hour ahead that is. I'll try sleeping very early. But I want 10 hours of sleep. 8 does not cut it for me. It impairs my ability to function. Maybe I need to go back to the gym, do higher levels of activity reduce the amount of sleep one needs?

It might make you feel more energetic, but it sounds that it's not the problem here. Have you tried asking you parents/friends to call you until you wake up? used to have to call my ex 100 times in order to make sure she wakes up

Flanscho

Going to a party later. *sighs* Well I wouldn't have to go there. She ain't even a very close friend. BUt she belongs to my circle of friends, and is a nice person. And it's just 10 minutes by bike. So I'll have a look. Her flat is a very tiny penthouse flat, so the people will be all cramped up, which ain't that nice... Well it's a cute flat, but still. So I will try to find a place on a beanbag in a corner or something, munch some food. My closest two friends won't be there, but other people I consider to be members of my closer circle of friends will be there. So, if I will manage to get into a conversation with them despite the large group of people, I will stay for a bit. Getting a bit nervous about this already. Party begins in... 90 minutes, so I will probably bike over in two hours or something. I keep telling myself that I can leave any moment. BUt still, I don't like such groups.

*sighs*

Starry

I hope the party goes well for you, Flanscho, and that you remain calm. :)

I just took an eating disorder test... I scored 54 on a scale where anything over 24 indicates a strong risk/probable eating disorder...

Not that I didn't know I had one, of course, but I thought I would have scored lower now that I'm working on it. :/ Of course, the thinking is always there, even if the actions aren't...

Amitush123

I hope the party goes well for you, Flanscho, and that you remain calm. :)

I just took an eating disorder test... I scored 54 on a scale where anything over 24 indicates a strong risk/probable eating disorder...

Not that I didn't know I had one, of course, but I thought I would have scored lower now that I'm working on it. :/ Of course, the thinking is always there, even if the actions aren't...

I hope it's not letting you down, things such as these are a process, and progress can be very slow at times. However, as long as you are committed, I'm sure that you will succeed :)

Starry

^ Thank you Amitush. :) No, it's not making me feel bad or anything, just sometimes I wish I could actually stop thinking about it... The problem is that it is always on my mind. I am always thinking of food or calories or fat or exercise... It annoys my husband since I mention it so much lol. But if I don't talk to him about it I know I'll get worse again, so I have to. And he understands, of course, he just wishes I'd never gotten into it in the first place. Sad thing is.. I'm actually vaguely proud to have it... I can't explain why, since I know it's bad... I think I just feel that my being able to control how much I ate was somehow powerful and good... Even now, I feel bad about the fact that I'm no longer restricting myself so much, like I'm weak... But I console myself with the thought, it's not my choice... I'm doing it for my husband and for those who worry about me... Even if I do get angry when people try to make me eat more when I'm already doing so much better than before lol.

MrJones

I haven't started uni yet and I already have homework yay :p
Luckily it's about robotics and even if it's just history it's still pretty cool :D

I haven't started uni yet and I already have homework yay :p
Luckily it's about robotics and even if it's just history it's still pretty cool :D

You should make a 20+ page presentation on Schwarzenegger and see how they respond. :D It -is- technically robotic history. ;)

EscapeArtist

I had no idea the band Bush was British

:D

Wow. o__________o that's so weird. Because i've been dwelling on both Bush and British bands these last 3 days, but didn't know that Bush was British o____________o /i'm totally creeped out by you and your psychic ability

1BlackSheep

Way to go, boys! :)

GiantswinWest_zpsedb1b047.jpg

Giants2012NLWestchamps_zps5d35e8b2.jpg

Dinosaur

Lost another sock this week.How can i possibly lose a sock from my laundry basket to my washing machine???
Think i might have a sock monster hiding in my house....I will catch you one day sock monster and when i do look out!!!

Starry

I think my husband and I are developing a psychic link... Yesterday I lost count of the number of times we both said the same thing or performed the same action at the exact same moment... Then, just before going to sleep we both whispered "I love you" literally at the same moment, with the same intonation and with the same length gap between the words... It was in such perfect unison that I half thought it was just a slight echo of my own voice! Until he laughed at the same moment as me lol.

Lost another sock this week.How can i possibly lose a sock from my laundry basket to my washing machine???
Think i might have a sock monster hiding in my house....I will catch you one day sock monster and when i do look out!!!

LOL, I have this problem too!:D
I sometimes have odd socks sitting in the spare laundry basket for months waiting for their partners to reappear from their mysterious AWOL.:rolleyes:

heh. my kitty is my sock monster. she thinks socks are the greatest toys / companions ever. she'll steal my socks and run off with 'em, she'll break 'em up from their sock partners, and tuck them away out of sight.

i still love her to bits. she's the sweetest thing. really.

Thousands of non-matching pair of socks is a low price to pay for the love of a cat, I'd say. :D

MikeyC

Ha, I've also had this happen to me. Come out with an odd pair of socks.

I think my husband and I are developing a psychic link... Yesterday I lost count of the number of times we both said the same thing or performed the same action at the exact same moment... Then, just before going to sleep we both whispered "I love you" literally at the same moment, with the same intonation and with the same length gap between the words... It was in such perfect unison that I half thought it was just a slight echo of my own voice! Until he laughed at the same moment as me lol.
This is a very sweet moment. ::eek::

MikeyC

Tomorrow morning I'll be driving down to Melbourne for a couple of days, so I don't know how often I'll be on this site for the next 5 days or so after tonight. I hope everyone remains awesome!

Dinosaur

Tomorrow morning I'll be driving down to Melbourne for a couple of days, so I don't know how often I'll be on this site for the next 5 days or so after tonight. I hope everyone remains awesome!

Have a great time :) Not staying for grand final???