Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

chibiXphantom

i cant even... omg. pokemon is wayy more deep and complex than i ever imagined. so many things i never knew. something rather dark about all the theories, but i love itttt

dont judge me

Foxface

Is wondering what to do. I might go outside and try and get in the pool. But it's not that hot to cool off. I want to do something.

KiaKaha

Banned
I just had a thought (scary I know)
What if wages are being are deliberately being kept down so that people are forced to focus on day to day survival rather than global and social issues - allowing the government and those in power to have free reign to do as they wish so that they can avoid serious public opposition? If you think about it - the harder life is, the more selfish and distracted we become.

Foxface

What if wages are being are deliberately being kept down so that people are forced to focus on day to day survival rather than global and social issues - allowing the government and those in power to have free reign to do as they wish so that they can avoid serious public opposition? If you think about it - the harder life is, the more selfish and distracted we become.

You are right! We are asleep and the world is slowly turning into The Hunger Games. Good thinking dude! :)

weberriver

If you think about it - the harder life is, the more selfish and distracted we become.

Sometimes? I seem to remember a study they did on mice where they were provided with every need and comfort, and their population allowed to grow uncontrolled. Eventually they all became psychotic, engaging in cannibalism, mousy narcissism, etc., even though they didn't have to compete for resources at all. The scientists thought that it obviously had to do with the psychological impact of overcrowding, but also because life had essentially lost meaning to the mice once they no longer had to search for and gather their own food. So apparently some struggle is necessary for life to flourish, and for us to have a reason to get along...assuming we can apply those findings to humans, anyway.

Er...not that this really has anything to do with the government and wages. Sorry for the tangent. ::p:

MollyBeGood

I am drinking a beer(s) and streaming this redicilous movie called "The Baby" from the 70's on netflix...

there HAS to be more to life!!!

MikeyC

This is actually likely and something I have thought of in the past.

MollyBeGood

the more we have to focus on mere survival yes the more we become just slaves because we get to where we are just machines trying to survive and never really getting to enjoy life- I fvcking hate that reality :mad: :mad:

Srijita52

So true.....

Nathália

Why do some people think they have to act mean? Is this is what they enjoy, tearing others down?

I think some people see mean as acting tough and some people may enjoy it. It's also being insecure at times. Is someone being a muscle head to you? Sorry.

Srijita52

I think some people see mean as acting tough and some people may enjoy it. It's also being insecure at times. Is someone being a muscle head to you? Sorry.
I agree with you on that Beleza.
Yeah, this guy who thinks he knows it all and everyone else is stupid, ugh! Thank you though.

MikeyC

Yeah, this guy who thinks he knows it all and everyone else is stupid, ugh! Thank you though.
Oh, I've met people like this and I know my best friend feels this way on a few issues. I don't get it. Don't listen to this guy, Srijita. :)

Foxface

Why do some people think they have to act mean? Is this is what they enjoy, tearing others down?

Becuase a lot of people are weak, they don't want to show it, so they act tough. Ubfortunately, it spreads, and more people join in. The join, start groups and try to match people, those who don't match, get bullied. There is so much bullying these days.

I wish I lived in a Naturist resort, becuase that stuff never happens for Naturists. Naturists except you, regardless of your age, gender, race, orintation, religion etc.

Srijita52

Oh, I've met people like this and I know my best friend feels this way on a few issues. I don't get it. Don't listen to this guy, Srijita. :)
Thanks Mikey, I'm trying not to. Its hard to ignore when someone's telling you over and over though.
Becuase a lot of people are weak, they don't want to show it, so they act tough. Ubfortunately, it spreads, and more people join in. The join, start groups and try to match people, those who don't match, get bullied. There is so much bullying these days.

I wish I lived in a Naturist resort, becuase that stuff never happens for Naturists. Naturists except you, regardless of your age, gender, race, orintation, religion etc.
^Oh that seems great. :)