Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Srijita52

Leaving for a friend's house in half an hour, she's having a small party with all her friends which means there'll be a lot of people whom I've never met before. Ugh, hope I survive.

Invisibleman

^haha:D British humour is the best. I never understand why north americans cant appreciate it. My favourite show is TopGear and while im in tears laughing anybody else im watching it with is like "what? wow this show is so dumb and stupid-_- and not a smile is cracked.

British humour, a bit of a learning curve there, enjoy the journey :)

Oh and I recommend the BBC show 'Would I lie to you' and Channel 4's 'peep show'

Peep Show ...best bits of season 3 episode 4 - YouTube

I'll put them down in my "to watch" list. Luckily, I have two friends I went to high school with who live in England, so they give me tips on what to watch.

^haha:D British humour is the best. I never understand why north americans cant appreciate it. My favourite show is TopGear and while im in tears laughing anybody else im watching it with is like "what? wow this show is so dumb and stupid-_- and not a smile is cracked.

I wouldn't say that all North Americans don't appreciate British humor, but I do think a good portion of them either don't get it (there are references to things that I don't understand or haven't heard about) or haven't been introduced to it. I personally love it. I have since I watched Absolutely Fabulous with my mom and sister when it was on reruns on Comedy Central years ago. Honestly, what makes a person laugh is so subjective that I don't think it's fair to say that one country's comedy is funnier than another. I know what kinds of things make me laugh and what kinds of things don't and I go from there. (Sorry about the really long and unnecessary answer. I got carried away a bit. :))

ETA: Happy 1700th page, thread! Partay!

Last edited:

Foxface

Bored, can't sleep. My sleeping scheduale is foff due to another canker sore.

The lonely coaster ride's a lonely one, I'd pay a ransom not to stop it from steaming.

Remus

Staff member
ETA: Happy 1700th page, thread! Partay!

Which by coincidence is the year coyote sprung into the world. :D

baby.jpeg

SoScared

The first UK series of The Office by Ricky Gervis is generally accepted as being one of the funniest tv programmes ever. I watched it about 20 time. The american version just leaves me cold. Not even a titter.

SM1010

I was on facebook and I saw a picture of my friend's friend who lost all 4 limbs in Iraq.

When you see stuff like that it really makes you wonder how you can ever feel sorry for yourself when people out in the real world are going through unfathomable ordeals like that.

We have it easy.