Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Invisibleman

Maybe you could try doing the opposite of whatever you're doing now?
A big change can give you a new point of view and maybe help you to find your way.

My cousin moved to the Northwest Territories a few years ago- out of the blue. Quit her job, broke up with her boyfriend and moves far away.
She's a maid. It doesn't pay any better than her old job but she is 1000 times happier than she was before.
I wish I could be more like her.
I guess I'm on my way-- in my own way.

You just have to try something different; perhaps not that drastic, but different.
Can you think of anything you might want to do-- but don't think you could?

I dont know. Its just I imagined that by now I would have figured out what I want to do and have my university all picked out and everything,I thought id be ready to move out. I thought id be secure.

Now im here sressing and basically crying myself to sleep everynight,I dont know what I want to do,uni deadlines are in 2 days so I cant go this year like I wanted to. I have no job so I have no money so im going to have to stay here another year,i cant move out if I wanted to.

My dad has retired from working at corporate for a company and my mom and him are carrying out their dream and buying a luxury house in Florida with pilots club (my dads a hobbiest flyer) and 5 star golf course the like. They are all packed and ready to go and I feel so terrible because now im holding them back and theyre pissed about it. I feel so low.

WeirdyMcGee

I dont know. Its just I imagined that by now I would have figured out what I want to do and have my university all picked out and everything,I thought id be ready to move out. I thought id be secure.

Are you just going to University because you feel like you're expected to- or did you have a plan and just aren't sure anymore?

I'll be 24 soon.
College dropout- no employment on the horizon, no security, no dreams-- I too was positive when I was 18; that I would have things sorted out by the time I was 24.
I had plans.
Plans were ruined. It happens.
You just have to make new plans.

AsTimeBurns

Been asked to go and give a talk at my old university to some students about my job, what I do, employability stuff, etc... No idea what I'm going to say really. Is in 2 weeks :/

Iluv

Yay! Mikey and I are engaged, everyone!

Send your wedding gifts to my address!

I see where this marriage is going

Funny-Wedding-Vows5.jpg

MikeyC

Yay! Mikey and I are engaged, everyone!

Send your wedding gifts to my address!
Yay! My first engagement. I need to get you an engagement ring. *checks wallet* Okay, I have about $20. Not enough for a diamond ring, but how about a couple of onion rings?

Onion%20rings.JPG

:D

Grrrrrrrr.....Can't stand some people who are so arrogant they actually think they are experts on things they obviously know very little about.:mad:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Can you call them out on that or will that be too instigating?

I have tried to, but their ignorance makes them blind to anyone else's side of the story. How does someone become that arrogant!?:confused: It just blows my mind.

MikeyC

I have tried to, but their ignorance makes them blind to anyone else's side of the story. How does someone become that arrogant!?:confused: It just blows my mind.
A sense of pride, plus they don't want any blows to their ego. That's what I think, anyway. Some people are like that, though, and it's difficult to get around. It's one thing to be confident that you're right, but you've got to be humble when faced with defeat.

I hope you don't tear your hair out while trying to reason with this person. Best to just let them believe they're correct, while you happily know the truth.