Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Shyangel

I suck at helping sometimes. ::p:

Yeah, get rid of that energy! Lots of running, hitting a punching bag, push-ups, and sex! Woo!

EDIT: Ooookay, I think it's time for bed for me now. :/

I appreciate you helping, Mikey. It never sucks to me.:)

Haha! I don't think I'm the only one with energy to kill.::p:
Do you feel better now that you got that off your chest?:D
*snickers*

WeirdyMcGee

Am I the only one whose 'nerd table' in highschool consisted more of girls than guys?
8:7 most days.
There was no 'girl talk' at the table though.
Mostly talking about videogames or D&D or complicated math equations.
From time to time it was more of a communal 'helping someone with a class project' rather than eating.

GhastlyCC

When I see stuff on commercials that's supposedly done by "professionals"(Well...professional enough to have their work featured on television)
That looks awful...
And know that I have the ability to do it way better than that person.
I have no clue why I'm not doing some kind of work related to that in some way. :p

^Hope that didn't make me sound big headed. :/
I'm actually quite the opposite. :p

WeirdyMcGee

nah... some commercials really are terrible.

I guess that's why there are awards given out for the worst commercials ever made?

coyote

Piggly Wiggly had the 12 double-roll packs of toilet paper on sale for $4.00 - so i bought one

now i'm set for months

WeirdyMcGee

at 14 years old, I was the first kid my age to have a cellphone.
Bought it myself because mom demanded that I have a phone with me when going to the city for auditions; since I would go all by myself.

...now, my 8 year old niece has an iphone.
what?!

MikeyC

at 14 years old, I was the first kid my age to have a cellphone.
Bought it myself because mom demanded that I have a phone with me when going to the city for auditions; since I would go all by myself.

...now, my 8 year old niece has an iphone.
what?!
Yeah, that's crazy. Even at 14 that was young in comparison to me, because I got my first phone at 19. Of course, at that time, the Nokia 3315's were the big thing, now the iPhones are. I've seen kids as young as your niece have phones, too.

WeirdyMcGee

Just for the record... since we're all different 'generations' and regions and whatnot--
I had a cellphone at 14. Paid for by me with my money from work; in my name.
The next person in my class who had a cellphone was two years later.
Grade 10; people started getting cellphones and it became a big problem with people having phones in class - I didn't know any other kids who paid their own phone bills.

...didn't know any other kids who paid rent or bought their own school supplies, either.

coyote

^good point - when i was 14 NO ONE had cell phones

my family didn't even have a color TV

we did have Pong, though

ELT200712050647408293949.GIF

Aletheia

We had calculators you could play Space Invaders on. High tech.

Still, we thought digital watches were pretty cool.

And microwave ovens were still in the future.

coyote

my parents got their first microwave long after i left home

they bought a color tv when i was a senior in high school

yes, just one tv in our house, and 3 channels

and a manual typewriter - most people didn't even have a typewriter at all

school work was always hand written

just imagine

WeirdyMcGee

I didn't touch a computer until grade 7.
We had typing classes on little portable typing pads and not on actual computers.
We didn't have a computer in our house until I was in grade 9 and all of my school work until college had to be hand written.

haha

Our microwave was pretty old.
One with a series of dials- big enough for a whole turkey to fit inside.
I used to watch things through the glass and mom would tell me to back up or my eyeballs would explode.

coyote

i was one of the first kids in my class to get my hands on a computer, because the school bought one for the "gifted program" i was in - a first generation Apple

i mostly played video games on it

in typing class we had these big, honking, industrial-grade manual typewriters with blank keys - ribbons were on spools that you had to change by hand and get ink all over yourself

MikeyC

Even though I left school recently in 2003, schooling is different again. All the kids are issued laptops and iPads, chalkboards are a thing of the past, and smartboards are in.

I didn't get my first iPod until my 20's because my parents wouldn't buy me one.

::(: This obviously upsets you. You have handsome tumbleweed.