Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

this_portrait

oh no, what happened?

Guy still hasn't gotten back to me, and I don't think he's going to. The worst part is that it all seemed so promising, and I don't know what I did to make a bad impression (I've been going over in my head possible things I said or did to drive him away).

I feel kinda pathetic for crying over this, though. It's been months since I've really cried over anything. Part of me wonders if being all hormonal right now is what's making me cry over it all.

coyote

Guy still hasn't gotten back to me, and I don't think he's going to. The worst part is that it all seemed so promising, and I don't know what I did to make a bad impression (I've been going over in my head possible things I said or did to drive him away).

I feel kinda pathetic for crying over this, though. It's been months since I've really cried over anything. Part of me wonders if being all hormonal right now is what's making me cry over it all.

i doubt it was anything you did - more likely due to his own issues

he should really have the courtesy of getting back to you, though

sorry

as for the crying - sometimes your body know just what it needs - go with it

MikeyC

Sorry to hear that, portrait. Maybe he will still get back to you.

Your situation reminds me why I hate dating.

MikeyC

I'd like to think that he will get back to me sometime, but at the moment, my hope is hanging by a thread.

Feeling lonely is quite possibly one of the worst feelings ever.
Loneliness truly is in the bottom 5 feelings you can have. I don't get it often but sometimes I do and it's quite debilitating.

Dating is such a trial-and-error situation, and some have more luck than others. You seem like an all-together kind of girl and you're good-looking to boot, so don't give up hope. Probably doesn't help you right this second, unfortunately.

this_portrait

Dating is such a trial-and-error situation, and some have more luck than others. You seem like an all-together kind of girl and you're good-looking to boot, so don't give up hope. Probably doesn't help you right this second, unfortunately.

Thanks for the compliments, but yeah, I don't feel at all together right now, and there are plenty of times when I don't. Sometimes I wonder if, when I get off the Prozac, I'll revert back to being a basket case like I was before I got on it.

MikeyC

Thanks for the compliments, but yeah, I don't feel at all together right now, and there are plenty of times when I don't. Sometimes I wonder if, when I get off the Prozac, I'll revert back to being a basket case like I was before I got on it.
That's something I can't answer. Maybe give yourself some time before going back to dating again. I'm still positive there's going to be a good outcome somewhere in there.

this_portrait

That's something I can't answer. Maybe give yourself some time before going back to dating again. I'm still positive there's going to be a good outcome somewhere in there.

I wish. With my luck I'll be an old maid, or I'll be like 50 by the time I find anyone...

Meh, I hate life.

MikeyC

I wish. With my luck I'll be an old maid, or I'll be like 50 by the time I find anyone...

Meh, I hate life.
If you are in real life like you are on this forum, that will not be the case.

Life sucks when you've just gone through something bad, like you have. The pain will pass - the pain always passes - but you need to weather the storm first.

There's a guy out there for you. You will eventually meet him. :)

megalon

My biggest roadblock is my inability to assert myself. Even if I meet someone, and we get along alright, I can't pursue a friendship or relationship because I can't ever bring myself to request that we meet in the future, so typically I'll never see that person again. The four times that I have met up with people outside work, it was always because they asked me. I never once asked anybody to hang out. I feel like I would be wasting their time.
Another issue I'm realizing is worse than initially thought is that I have a lot of trouble calling people by name. It makes it so much more difficult to start a conversation if you can't get the person's attention by what should be the simple act of calling their name.

this_portrait

If you are in real life like you are on this forum, that will not be the case.

Life sucks when you've just gone through something bad, like you have. The pain will pass - the pain always passes - but you need to weather the storm first.

There's a guy out there for you. You will eventually meet him. :)

Sadly I'm finding it very hard to be at all optimistic right now. I think this is the lowest point I've been at in quite a while (though still not as low as I was a few months ago).

-sigh- I'm tempted to dabble in some "emotional eating" for once, though I doubt I'd be able to take more than maybe 1-2 bites. I even thought about putting my shoes and coat on and walking down to get a burger, but yeah, I'd probably waste it (and the money I spent on it).

Shyangel

I'm sorry about that Portrait.
Try not to let it bother you. If this guys wants to ignore you, he's not worth it anyway. Your a great girl, he's the one missing out.:)

this_portrait

I'm sorry about that Portrait.
Try not to let it bother you. If this guys wants to ignore you, he's not worth it anyway. Your a great girl, he's the one missing out.:)

Thanks. Not letting it bother me is difficult, though. Right now I wish I could just binge on a bunch of candy bars, but I have none, so I've been bingeing on a bunch of clementines instead.

Shyangel

Thanks. Not letting it bother me is difficult, though. Right now I wish I could just binge on a bunch of candy bars, but I have none, so I've been bingeing on a bunch of clementines instead.

I know it's easier said then done, I'm sorry. That guy isn't worth getting a stomach ache over. If he doesn't want to go out with you again, he has serious problems, and is blind. You seem like a great catch to me. I bet sooo many guys on this site would like to go out with you.:)

this_portrait

I know it's easier said then done, I'm sorry. That guy isn't worth getting a stomach ache over. If he doesn't want to go out with you again, he has serious problems, and is blind. You seem like a great catch to me. I bet sooo many guys on this site would like to go out with you.:)

Mostly I blame myself, but sometimes I just want to blame the whole male gender (or the majority, at least) and shout, "What the serious f*** is wrong with them?!" I usually just figure it's all me, though, because I guess I feel like my personality is flawed because I have SA.