Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Mickery

Me either.

See, when I said in the chatbox I wish I had someone to practise on, I wasn't kidding. It's not like I've had no opportunities, but there's a certain expectation when you get to that age and I don't want to make a fool of myself. I'd love to have some great and trusted friend, we could kiss until I was ready not to be nervous, and then I could make my own way. Except I don't.

Geez, cheery username!

My brother has asked me to be the best man at his wedding. I am seriously not looking forward to that. Luckily they haven't set a date yet so it isn't going to be anytime soon.

That would be a very hard thing to do::(: Does he know about your problems?

Phoenixx

Think of the bright side of that....When your 50 you will look years younger and your old looking friends will envy you :)
Yeah I've thought about that. ::p: And I'll be happy by then, but right now these looks aren't doing me much good as far as looking my age goes.

hoddesdon

I gave my ice-breaker speech at Toastmasters today. The ice-breaker speech is supposed to be about yourself, so it was about you-know-what. It was well-received. So I feel I can say that I have made an amount of progress.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
My brother has asked me to be the best man at his wedding. I am seriously not looking forward to that. Luckily they haven't set a date yet so it isn't going to be anytime soon.

My brother’s getting married in a month, fortunately for me I’m not expected to be best man (I wish you luck). I’m just putting it out of my mind at the moment, as simply having to go to the thing is a very stressful idea for me. I can feel the tension concerning the attendance building up inside me gradually everyday though.

I dread having to be there, and it’s going to be embarrassing to have people see me now who haven’t seen me in a long while (on account of my appearance and anxious manner). I’m somewhat optimistic at times though, perhaps it will go better than I fear - or maybe it’ll go badly enough that I’ll be able to use it as a catalyst for major change.

Hopefully it won’t be the last straw that finally drives me stark-raving-mad. :D

B

Beatrice

Think of the bright side of that....When your 50 you will look years younger and your old looking friends will envy you :)

Not trying to be snippy, but.... I get this a lot from people. They'll say, "You look so YOUNG! I thought you were 12!" And then when they see the expression of displeasure on my face, they throw in, "You'll love it when you're older, believe me." What they don't get is, THAT DOESN'T HELP ME NOW! I don't *care* about when I'm older. I don't even know if I'm going to make it to those ages. It's embarrassing to look so young and be treated like a child when you're 20 years old. And I'm going to be carded for the rest of my life. It's no blessing, believe me. It sucks.

But I've pretty much accepted it now.... I look a little more mature with makeup on, and nice clothes.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Not trying to be snippy, but.... I get this a lot from people. They'll say, "You look so YOUNG! I thought you were 12!" And then when they see the expression of displeasure on my face, they throw in, "You'll love it when you're older, believe me." What they don't get is, THAT DOESN'T HELP ME NOW! I don't *care* about when I'm older. I don't even know if I'm going to make it to those ages. It's embarrassing to look so young and be treated like a child when you're 20 years old. And I'm going to be carded for the rest of my life. It's no blessing, believe me. It sucks.

But I've pretty much accepted it now.... I look a little more mature with makeup on, and nice clothes.

People used to say the same thing to me when I was 20, now I'm 27 and people think I'm 18-20 and trust me, I like it when they card me. I most of all like their reaction "Oh god you're older than me!!"

I'm not sure if you're just trying to make fun of me or don't get the meaning... could be the latter as it's partly a cultural saying from where I come from.

It takes effort from both person in a relationship to sustain that relationship.