Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Silatuyok

I'm toying around with the idea of joining a Book Club here in my city. It's a scary thought, but if anything can get me talking to a small group, books and gardening and cats is three of them. :)

I'm toying around with the idea of joining a Book Club here in my city. It's a scary thought, but if anything can get me talking to a small group, books and gardening and cats is three of them. :)

That sounds like fun. I don't know if there are any in my area (I'm sure there are, but they would require a bit of driving), but I'd be afraid to go, too.

DeadmanWalking

Is Japanese as hard to learn as it seems? :/

It can be. The verb conjugations are simple enough, although, the problem for me when I was learning it was knowing when to use which conjugations. The kanji were the hardest thing for me since I not only had to learn how to write it, but which reading to use. I would suggest having a teacher if you wish to learn Japanese.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
If I've read correctly, Cameron, Cuddy, and 13 are all gone. ::(:

Whose bright idea was that?!? "Hmmm, this show is already dominated by male characters. Oh, I know what we should do, get rid of the only three female cast members!" (okay maybe dominated was a bit of an exaggeration but really come on)

MrJones

It can be. The verb conjugations are simple enough, although, the problem for me when I was learning it was knowing when to use which conjugations. The kanji were the hardest thing for me since I not only had to learn how to write it, but which reading to use. I would suggest having a teacher if you wish to learn Japanese.
If I finally try (which I doubt, seems to difficult to me) it would be with a teacher, a 4 month intensive course.

I couldn't do it alone not even if I tried it all my life ::eek::

I have a hard time with new languages. I managed to learn English but because I've been studying it since I was a little kid and it's been part of my daily life since then... and I have still difficulties XD

DeadmanWalking

If I finally try (which I doubt, seems to difficult to me) it would be with a teacher, a 4 month intensive course.

I couldn't do it alone not even if I tried it all my life ::eek::

I have a hard time with new languages. I managed to learn English but because I've been studying it since I was a little kid and it's been part of my daily life since then... and I have still difficulties XD

You can do it. It can be a little difficult, but it's not impossible. Try it out and, if it's not your cup of tea, then you can always quit. And don't give yourself such a hard time about learning a different language. I've been speaking English all of my life and I still screw up sometimes; it's a hard language to learn. With all of the rules and exceptions contained within, I find it hard to believe that anyone learned English.

MrJones

You can do it. It can be a little difficult, but it's not impossible. Try it out and, if it's not your cup of tea, then you can always quit. And don't give yourself such a hard time about learning a different language. I've been speaking English all of my life and I still screw up sometimes; it's a hard language to learn. With all of the rules and exceptions contained within, I find it hard to believe that anyone learned English.
Well, if it was for the course itself it would be cool, but it is all part of a bigger project, a scholarship, so after this 4 month course I'll have to work in a Japanese company for 8 months.

I like the idea, but living so far away for 8 months is soooo scary :S

Plus, I'm only wondering if I should apply, then they'll have to pick me XD

Whose bright idea was that?!? "Hmmm, this show is already dominated by male characters. Oh, I know what we should do, get rid of the only three female cast members!" (okay maybe dominated was a bit of an exaggeration but really come on)

Yeah, it's kind of annoying, but what can you do.:rolleyes:

MrJones

It's actually a twit that someone posted in an humour site

I'm lame at making jokes XD

... but I translated it!

AGR

Is Japanese as hard to learn as it seems? :/

Yes can be pretty hard at the higher level,but if you dedicate yourself you can learn,I can get around,but I never dedicated myself,I know being an immigrant I should do it,but I keep procrastinating,but I know enough to live and interact with japanese persons,but I cant explain something complicated in detail.

MrJones

Yes can be pretty hard at the higher level,but if you dedicate yourself you can learn,I can get around,but I never dedicated myself,I know being an immigrant I should do it,but I keep procrastinating,but I know enough to live and interact with japanese persons,but I cant explain something complicated in detail.
Cool, I just wanted the minimum to survive there for 8 months ::p:

Anyway I don't think I will do it... it seems to much for someone like me :/

Phoenixx

I'm back! Snuck out of the show during intermission, hehe. ::p: Didn't feel like staying for the whole thing, couldn't stand the opera anymore and I was starting to get bored... It actually wasn't that bad. The play itself was very good, well acted and kinda funny. Opera though... Eesh. Cringe-worthy for me. Not a fan, never will be.

There was a part towards the end of Act I that I really don't think was scripted, haha. I think the guy decided to throw something in himself just for the hell of it, in which case involved him running halfway across the stage and jumping onto another guy's back as they were supposed to be exiting off stage and almost made him faceplant into the floor. :D

DeadmanWalking

I'm back! Snuck out of the show during intermission, hehe. ::p: Didn't feel like staying for the whole thing, couldn't stand the opera anymore and I was starting to get bored... It actually wasn't that bad. The play itself was very good, well acted and kinda funny. Opera though... Eesh. Cringe-worthy for me. Not a fan, never will be.

There was a part towards the end of Act I that I really don't think was scripted, haha. I think the guy decided to throw something in himself just for the hell of it, in which case involved him running halfway across the stage and jumping onto another guy's back as they were supposed to be exiting off stage and almost made him faceplant into the floor. :D

Did you play some Metal Gear Solid music while you were sneaking out::p:? Also, you could have slept on my shoulder if you had gotten bored;)! But, I'm glad to see you tried something new! And it's good to see the production team adding something new in for the people to watch!