Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

lily

And by the time I get some more "Thanks" buttons in the next 24 hrs, it won't matter if I go back to press those "Thanks" buttons and get my "Thanks" recorded in their official tally of "Thanks" they can see, (which I do sometimes - when I have the time) because there would be several other users posts after theirs in that thread, and they are not going to bother going back in that thread to see if they were thanked for that post they did two, three, four or more days ago.

So they have missed out on immediately seeing that another user in here really appreciated what they wrote, in that post, the same day they posted it!!!

What use is having a "Thanks" button in a SUPPORT FORUM, where you only get about 5 or so to use in a 24 hour period!!?? Seriously!? :idontknow:

WHY do we have to RATION OUT the tiny amount of support "Thanks" buttons we get to use????? WHY? :kickingmyself:

Not everyone has the time to post an actual reply to every post they they are grateful for. Geez. :sad:

/end rant.
i still notice when my posts are increased and check them out :bigsmile: but you have a good point

Oh my god people talk way too much.
Yeah I find it so annoying that some people just continue to talk, even after the person they are talking to. is exhibiting obvious signs that they want them to STOP! :eek:mg:

However, I don't mind if you can tell that the person is not being rude, they are just genuinely lonely.

Over the last decade I have had an increasing amount of really old people (both genders) come up to me and start a conversation, while I am grocery shopping.

This happens at least 40% of the time I go grocery shopping now.

They are sweet and friendly, and say relevant things about the food in the store, the prices or about the staff etc.

It is so obvious that they are just aching with loneliness.

I do talk to them for a little while, because I feel so sorry for them. They seem so lonely that they don't seem to care how awkward my body language or communication is. :giggle:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Yeah I find it so annoying that some people just continue to talk, even after the person they are talking to. is exhibiting obvious signs that they want them to STOP! :eek:mg:

However, I don't mind if you can tell that the person is not being rude, they are just genuinely lonely.

Over the last decade I have had an increasing amount of really old people (both genders) come up to me and start a conversation, while I am grocery shopping.

They are sweet and friendly, and say relevant things about the food in the store, the prices or about the staff etc.

I do talk to them for a little while, because I feel so sorry for them. They seem so lonely that they don't seem to care how awkward my body language or communication is. :giggle:

Oh I absolutely agree with you. I even do it myself sometimes and when I do I always think to myself "will you just shut up?!"

But not only lonely people talk all the time when there is other humans around. The people of my culture especially likes to chat all the time. Right now I don't really live anywhere, I sleep on people's couch, so I'm never alone and I can tell you the only moment in my life where I'm not listening to someone's harmless but endless blabbering is when I go on a lonely car ride to escape.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?

I have more time for the older people where I work, they seem less judging, have good manners, are polite and are genuinely thankful for help.

Well, apart from the odd grumble bum.. :bigsmile:

That's actually really, really nice of you.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
giphy.gif

I wish somebody would just drop a bomb on that house.

PugofCrydee

Exactly, some people become great and considerate people when they become parents. But that certainly isn't the case for everyone.

I'd sooner say that having kids tests the people in question to an extreme. Some come out of that better people, others not so much.

There's a saying 'Parenting is the toughest job in the world'.

I have to agree.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
There's a saying 'Parenting is the toughest job in the world'.

I have to agree.

Oh, I agree as well. Not disputing that. But if said parent is constantly flying into a rage and swearing at their kid any time the child misbehaves then they probably shouldn’t have bothered having the child to begin with, no? :idontknow: Doesn’t exactly set a good example for the kid. But hey, I’m probably talkin’ oot ma arse saying that. :bigsmile:

PugofCrydee

Oh, I agree as well. Not disputing that. But if said parent is constantly flying into a rage and swearing at their kid any time the child misbehaves then they probably shouldn’t have bothered having the child to begin with, no? :idontknow: Doesn’t exactly set a good example for the kid. But hey, I’m probably talkin’ oot ma arse saying that. :bigsmile:

Totally agree wit ya matey!:thumbup: