Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Kiwong

You can click on the YouTube link, and it takes to you to the video, but there is no way of knowing which video you have clicked on until it opens. Like a lottery.

Nate Wingate is a moderator, but he might be off defending Innsmouth from the creeping chaos.

S_Spartan

Aint we all seen enough videos anyway?

I guess we should all be taking up meditation and watching the movies in our minds...hehe

Here I was thinking all this time it was just an issue for guys. You're preaching to the choir.

Oh yeah, women definitely have the same problem. I feel like the male to female ratio is uneven where I live - I need to fight off other women with more to offer for a decent guy :/

MollyBeGood

I cannot believe how good my hair feels! I just lightened it which is normally a huge no-no for damage but I also conditioned the roots of my hair for the first time in over 2 yrs. I have avoided conditioner on my roots because the water where I have lived has been well water and full of minerals. It (well water ) makes it so the conditioner weighs your roots down Big Time. I would have flat lifeless hair in 24 hrs. So anyhoo, with this new apartment having a water softener and good ol' city water I have nice hair again-Yeah! I am not a fan of the fluoride in the water but at least my hair looks nice now...

Something funny happened to me last night. I was standing in the dark, watching tv, and a mouse momentarily ran onto my socked foot! It freaked me out at first, until i realized it was probably the mouse (as it squeaked a few minutes before, probably due to getting bitten by ants as it was feeding on my bag of cakes on the floor, which i have yet to finish eating). :giggle:

Way too many/much compromises. And i'm not wasting or missing out on that much, really. Overall, it's just SO not worth it. DECIDED. I shall stay single until the day i die.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Something that randomly occurred to me this morning, an imperfect analogy:

Let's say you have a boat, and one day your boat springs a leak and sinks to the bottom of the ocean. That's fine; you weren't really using it much anyway. So you let your boat sit down there for a few years, because you have other things to do, but one day you decide you'd like to have it back. Y'know, for boat stuff.

So you go down to the bottom of the ocean in your diving bell and you discover that your boat, which only had a little leak in it when it went down, is now coated with layer upon layer of coral, barnacles, seaweed, sponges, anemones, giant clams, castoff mermaid bras, and whale poop.

What do you do? You can fix the leak, but you'll never get your boat back to the surface with all that stuff stuck to it. It's just too heavy. Won't float. Do you scrape away the encrustation first, and then repair your boat, or do you try to fix it first and hope all the other stuff will fall off on the way to the surface?

This, at least for me, is something like the experience of social anxiety. It started with a relatively small issue (for most people), but once that had me down, it began to develop layers of fear, shame, and paranoia which now have me thoroughly overweighted and firmly anchored in the depths. I think I can fix the original problem with a bit of dedicated effort and self-love, but what do I do with the other junk? Do I tend to that first, or hope it will all fall away by itself? Which way to the surface, please? It's kinda dark down here.

Just my random thoughts this morning. As usual, more questions than answers.

Good morning. I probably said it before but your writing is very beautiful. As for the junk on your boat, I think you need to scrape it before you bring it back to the surface, or else it's going to be too heavy to carry up and too difficult to keep afloat. Once all the bernacles, seaweed and other junk that keeps you down are off the hull, now you can fix the leak properly without having all the junks in your way. When this is all done, I suggest you give it a good cleaning, then you wait for a calm sunny day and you use all that is left in you to bring it back to the surface. Once afloat on the calm sea, it is very important that you maintain the vessel in excellent condition to be able to sail it where you want it to go and face any other storm that could come your way and sink you again.

GraybeardGhost

Good morning. I probably said it before but your writing is very beautiful. As for the junk on your boat, I think you need to scrape it before you bring it back to the surface, or else it's going to be too heavy to carry up and too difficult to keep afloat. Once all the bernacles, seaweed and other junk that keeps you down are off the hull, now you can fix the leak properly without having all the junks in your way. When this is all done, I suggest you give it a good cleaning, then you wait for a calm sunny day and you use all that is left in you to bring it back to the surface. Once afloat on the calm sea, it is very important that you maintain the vessel in excellent condition to be able to sail it where you want it to go and face any other storm that could come your way and sink you again.

There is much truth and wisdom in what you say. Thank you. :)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I was told when I get older all my fears would shrink
But now I'm insecure and I care what people think

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
We don't deal with outsiders very well
They say newcomers have a certain smell

You have trust issues, not to mention

They say they can smell your intentions