Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

State_Of_Trance

Brought my pizza and cheese sticks home. Discovered that my two marinara sauce things weren't there. MAD I LOVE MARINARA SAUCE AND I PAID $ FOR IT. AND THE DOMINOS GUY WAS SO NICE

Phoenixx

i am ok. Just have to wash me hair LOL it has been too long and though it is healthy to wait to wash I do not like the feelin' :p

Yes, I am crazy ignore me.
^ I never wash my hair everyday and I really don't understand the culture we (Americans. I have no idea if it's different elsewhere) have where we're expected to. Surely it makes sense if you work a greasy job, but if not why bother? I wash my hair every 3 days. Less than that it's too dry, more than that it gets fairly oily.

^ I never wash my hair everyday and I really don't understand the culture we (Americans. I have no idea if it's different elsewhere) have where we're expected to. Surely it makes sense if you work a greasy job, but if not why bother? I wash my hair every 3 days. Less than that it's too dry, more than that it gets fairly oily.

It also depends on climate, right? I can imagine that in hot areas it's more important than cold ones due quicker sweat/grease accumulation.

And even then a quick warm rinse with just water in the sink should be enough in between proper showers. I used to do that all the time when my hair was longer.

S_Spartan

The 17 year locusts have arrived!

This one has fully emerged from it's outer shell.

07e17a23-c12d-4564-9827-d185735a99ff_zps6be9v7yb.jpg

Phoenixx

It also depends on climate, right? I can imagine that in hot areas it's more important than cold ones due quicker sweat/grease accumulation.

And even then a quick warm rinse with just water in the sink should be enough in between proper showers. I used to do that all the time when my hair was longer.
^ Yes, absolutely! Of course I wouldn't think of climate first, as I live in a typically coldish area anyway. Summers can be hot here, but are quite short anyways.

Yeah sometimes on my slightly oily days I take a quick rinse too if I don't have time to shower or if I'm being gross and lazy.

MollyBeGood

In Australia we have species called Green Grocers, Black Princes, Yellow Mondays and Piss whackers.

I vote Piss Wackers- LoL great names

I do love the sound of them. I thought they were here a bout 3 yrs ago...must have been a bunch of early risers?

MollyBeGood

^ Yes, absolutely! Of course I wouldn't think of climate first, as I live in a typically coldish area anyway. Summers can be hot here, but are quite short anyways.

Yeah sometimes on my slightly oily days I take a quick rinse too if I don't have time to shower or if I'm being gross and lazy.

I remember when I worked a short stint in a deli and some old woman commented on my hair and how I should have had it "tied back" I was at least washing it regular then LOL

Yes the older generation think it's open season on young grocery workers it has been my experience too. They are so hateful and bitter it is almost comical. and like you said, what is it about church that makes them so angry afterwards? ...maybe they too know it's all BS :p

I called in sick one day and never came back. I have no idea how people can smile and be happy in those jobs! That seemed to be my classic move-call in sick and NEVER RETURN! lol..how do they know I didn't have some awful sickness?

Phoenixx

I remember when I worked a short stint in a deli and some old woman commented on my hair and how I should have had it "tied back" I was at least washing it regular then LOL

Yes the older generation think it's open season on young grocery workers it has been my experience too. They are so hateful and bitter it is almost comical. and like you said, what is it about church that makes them so angry afterwards? ...maybe they too know it's all BS :p

I called in sick one day and never came back. I have no idea how people can smile and be happy in those jobs! That seemed to be my classic move-call in sick and NEVER RETURN! lol..how do they know I didn't have some awful sickness?
^ Pretty sure this is a response to my post in the How Are You Feeling? thread. :giggle:

Yes exactly, it is comical. Don't worry, while I tend to get all anxious and flustered when it does happen, I also have my fair share of laughs about it.

I still try to smile and be happy, and some days I am because my customers are really pleasant. Believe it or not, on Saturday when I worked I actually came home in a good mood because every single one of the customers I had told me either "Have a great day!" or "Thank you!" or "You did a great job, thanks so much!" etc. etc. It was strange, but damn did I love all that praise. Wish people realized it's easier to actually compliment someone and is so much more worthwhile than it is to freaking whine and complain. Too bad I couldn't get that same service yesterday. :p

Can't say I haven't been tempted recently to quit, but I don't have another job lined up at all and I don't want to quit so early. I've never had many chances at "official" jobs and even when I did they never lasted long. While I hate that I'm pulling in 6 days a freaking week, and not even getting a weekend off, I'm liking the money even though I wish I had a raise that I'll never get.

MollyBeGood

Note to self-Do NOT go clothes shopping when you are PMSing and look and feel like a whale (though whales are amazing) and you have not seen yourself in a full length mirror in over a year, and you have gained 7-10 recently...a place where they have bright lights and big mirrors which shed light on your paleness and it is a small place, small crowded- equals feeling horrible about yourself for months. Not good. Why did I do this....why??? It is a traumatic experience that should have not been if my mind was healthy. My mind is a wreck, my body a ugly junk yard.