Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

I hate how paralysing this anxiety is becoming for me. I *know* what I want to do or should do but I can't. I'm dreading even to take the small steps, I'm dreading to do the things I've done countless of times before. Its so frustrating and I keep beating myself but I just can't take any action to solve it. Ugh!! Why does it seem so hard? This definitely seems like the end of the world although I know its not.
It certainly is not the end of the world, but I understand why you feel it might be, because you're so afraid of doing things.

I think you're doing really well, and you're not seeing how much you have achieved, and only focusing on what you haven't.

Stay strong!

I don't understand why I'm so often afraid to go to sleep. I didn't sleep at all this night.

Maybe when life settles down a bit I can redesign my life to the point where I can sleep comfortably. I just hope I'll be able to get through the day relatively easy.
Man, sleep is awesome. :thumbup: However, if you've got a lot of stresses at the moment, which it appears like you do, you'll sleep a lot easier. :)

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
How come I only get invitations from bad people?
How come no one kind comes up to me and say:
_Hey Adriano,lets go to Osaka together this weekend!
I think I would say yes....

On another note I think I had a vision today,I think that in the future I want to work translating or something similar,I like to study language it seems.

Hey let's go to Osaka!!!! It's one of the place I need to visit!!!!
If I take my bike I should be there in about 1 year....

MikeyC

So I went to work this afternoon in the hopes of giving a student teacher my phone number. I don't know where this sort of confidence is coming from, by the way.

I get there and realised she had already left. I asked a few of the remaining teachers for her surname. Once I got that I looked her up on Facebook and noticed she has a very loving boyfriend who she's likely going to marry.

So the loneliness struck me again.

Although I did have confidence this time. As long as I know there's going to be others, that's all I worry about. :)

hidwell

So I went to work this afternoon in the hopes of giving a student teacher my phone number. I don't know where this sort of confidence is coming from, by the way.

I get there and realised she had already left. I asked a few of the remaining teachers for her surname. Once I got that I looked her up on Facebook and noticed she has a very loving boyfriend who she's likely going to marry.

Although I did have confidence this time. As long as I know there's going to be others, that's all I worry about. :)

I admire your optimism. :thumbup:

I know you say you don't know "where this sort of confidence is coming from" but when and if ever you have a light bulb moment and you realize why it has developed, could you let us know what caused it please? :thinking:
It is great to read you have managed to do these courageous things (giving out your number more then once etc) I am sure one will eventually work out for you, Mikey. Law of statistics....:giggle:

MikeyC

I admire your optimism. :thumbup:
Thank you! Hopefully one will work out in my favour. :)

I know you say you don't know "where this sort of confidence is coming from" but when and if ever you have a light bulb moment and you realize why it has developed, could you let us know what caused it please? :thinking:
It is great to read you have managed to do these courageous things (giving out your number more then once etc) I am sure one will eventually work out for you, Mikey. Law of statistics....:giggle:
The only thing I can put it down to is a burning desire to change. Who I am isn't working.

Hopefully you're right! I would like to have just one work out for me!

Phoenixx

I have a party to go to tonight and I'm not even feeling anxious about it. Hm... I'll give it time. I'm sure the anxiety will pop up eventually today.

Srijita52

It certainly is not the end of the world, but I understand why you feel it might be, because you're so afraid of doing things.

I think you're doing really well, and you're not seeing how much you have achieved, and only focusing on what you haven't.

Stay strong!
Thank you Mikey, I guess you're right. Maybe I'm just being...I don't know, too desperate. I want to get rid of all my problems right now which isn't realistic of course. It'll take time, so guess I'll have to be more patient.

Srijita52

There will be others and you'll find someone. :) I'm glad you're taking initiatives.

Phoenixx

^ I know you were pretty disappointed, but the fact you have some confidence back and some optimism is so great to see! :) You were in the dark for a while and I'm glad to see you are working your way out!

Srijita52

I have a party to go to tonight and I'm not even feeling anxious about it. Hm... I'll give it time. I'm sure the anxiety will pop up eventually today.

Or maybe it won't, hope you have a great time at the party. Have fun. :)
@springk
What's wrong?

Ithior

I have an exam in about 2 hours and I feel like I'll mix everything up and forget important stuff. It's about history of economic thought, so I need to know what around 17 authors wrote. Teacher said it would be easy but I don't really trust him.

Srijita52

I have an exam in about 2 hours and I feel like I'll mix everything up and forget important stuff. It's about history of economic thought, so I need to know what around 17 authors wrote. Teacher said it would be easy but I don't really trust him.

That's normal to feel right before exams but I'm sure it'll turn out well. Good luck!

MikeyC

I hope you had fun!

Thank you Mikey, I guess you're right. Maybe I'm just being...I don't know, too desperate. I want to get rid of all my problems right now which isn't realistic of course. It'll take time, so guess I'll have to be more patient.
I understand that you want your problems to be gone very fast, and I can't blame you for that. Perhaps it might be an idea to write down what you want to achieve and what it will take to get there. Just a thought. I know you'll get there, though. :)

There will be others and you'll find someone. :) I'm glad you're taking initiatives.

^ I know you were pretty disappointed, but the fact you have some confidence back and some optimism is so great to see! :) You were in the dark for a while and I'm glad to see you are working your way out!
Thanks, girls! I'm already over it. As long as she's with a nice guy and she's happy, which she is, then that's okay with me. On to the next one!

Aaaand, done. My Battlestar marathon is finally at an end. The last episode is always so bitter-sweet.

Now I can do other things again.. like eating.

Srijita52

I understand that you want your problems to be gone very fast, and I can't blame you for that. Perhaps it might be an idea to write down what you want to achieve and what it will take to get there. Just a thought. I know you'll get there, though. :)
This seems like a good idea, I've already written some, just hope I'll be able to follow through them. Thanks Mikey, I hope the same for you. :)

Phoenixx

Or maybe it won't, hope you have a great time at the party. Have fun. :)

I hope you had fun!
^ Thanks guys. I actually did have fun, even though an hour before I was supposed to leave a little anxiety started to hit. When I got there I felt so uncomfortable, but managed to feel pretty good after a while.

The party itself wasn't too bad. There wasn't as many people there as I thought there'd be. I actually socialized really well, wasn't as quiet and standoffish as I normally am. :) Which reminds me of something that happened...

So my friend and I had left the party briefly to grab her iPod at her parent's house and she had to replace the registration sticker on her car. We came back an hour later, went into the garage where my other friend and my brother were sitting with a friend of theirs and his girlfriend. Their friend then says to me, "Hey did you make this pasta salad? It's really good!" (Which I did, just to bring a dish to pass because I thought it'd be nice.) Then his girlfriend automatically pipes up to him and points at me, "Who's that?!" (This girl must've been 16, maybe a little older...? The guy is 18.) and then asks my brother again who I was. I just sorta sat there, confused and stunned that she's pointing at me but not asking me who I am. I found it rude and I guess my friend must've too because she's just like, "Uh, I don't know. How about you ask her." :giggle: So my brother introduced me, "This is my sister, xxxxxx." And she's looking at me so confused, "...You're his sister...?" Since she was rude and I found her confusion pretty amusing, I decided to run with it. "Yeah, I know we don't look alike. I'm actually adopted." "You are??" "No I'm totally messing with you." :giggle: I don't think she found it too amusing.