Post Your Favorite "Chatbox" memories!

zharl

I remember when I first came to spw...wow, I just said spew out loud to myself XD..anyway, I remember when I first showed up, I made an account, and hopped into the chatbox, discussing a topic that was at the very bottom, which was, at the point I joined in, completely out of context. Naturally, I felt like quite the fool...yet I was still accepted by the members hanging there. I miss the days when it was up on the main page of the site, and anyone could join in. I met new people, heard different stories--you and your gameshows volt--met royalty--I mean you philly--and had an overall great time.

Please those of you who did participate in the magnificence of the chatbox. Tell the newer users of it's wondrous charms, maybe we could bring it back from the forgotten depths it has fallen into. :)

philly2bits

When I showed up to chatbox I became king. That would have to be my favorite memory :D

Also, I'm still king. :D

what is a chatbox? That the bar down there? The one thing I don't click?
Chatting involves quick thought. Something I am not.

Even if I fully knew, unwritten memory is very short. Can be a positive, and a negative.

Tiercel

I remember one night it was rather slow. So I typed something like "You who just logged in! Come join us!" While no one joined, I did receive a PM saying "who me?"

Other than that I was named Royal Plague Bearer, a title that is still very dear to my black little heart....

:D

philly2bits

I remember one night it was rather slow. So I typed something like "You who just logged in! Come join us!" While no one joined, I did receive a PM saying "who me?"

Other than that I was named Royal Plague Bearer, a title that is still very dear to my black little heart....

:D

I should give that title to someone else. This site has been lacking in plague as of late. :D

zharl

what is a chatbox? That the bar down there? The one thing I don't click?
Chatting involves quick thought. Something I am not.

Even if I fully knew, unwritten memory is very short. Can be a positive, and a negative.

The chatbox can be found under the chat option at the top. It's not the individual messaging that you do between people. It's a public place, so it's not quite as awkward to start conversations. The beauty of it is that anyone can just come to say what they want--within the realm of reason of course--and won't be seen as barging in on something, or being too forward with introducing yourself. It's a good place to meet people on the site...if people on the site still showed up...

hippiechild

Chatbox was phenomenal! Perfidion and his illegitimate twin, Zharl... long, quiet evenings spent sprawled before the eerie blue box, those were the days!
Man, I miss you guys *sobs* ::(:

I also remember your arrival, Zharl...
It was a slow time of day, not many people in the chat yet, and I was talking to X000X. So we were, gently poking the conversation to and fro and enjoying some quality time together. Nothing could have prepared us for what was about to happen. Surging up from the depths was kerfuffle incarnated! "GRRRAAAAAHHHHHHHH... MEEEWWWWWWW" cried the cacophonous creature!

..it was a Zharl, and we saw that it was marvelously good.

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
J_Brown undoubtely. What a shame the powerfull Remus (& comp.) won the battle ::(:.

zharl

Chatbox was phenomenal! Perfidion and his illegitimate twin, Zharl... long, quiet evenings spent sprawled before the eerie blue box, those were the days!
Man, I miss you guys *sobs* ::(:

I also remember your arrival, Zharl...
It was a slow time of day, not many people in the chat yet, and I was talking to X000X. So we were, gently poking the conversation to and fro and enjoying some quality time together. Nothing could have prepared us for what was about to happen. Surging up from the depths was kerfuffle incarnated! "GRRRAAAAAHHHHHHHH... MEEEWWWWWWW" cried the cacophonous creature!

..it was a Zharl, and we saw that it was marvelously good.

Yeah Hippie! I can't seem to get a hold of you anymore! Are you ever on these days?

zharl

I don't go on the chatbox. It scares me.

Not much to be scared of anymore...except well, me who signs on says something to no one, looks around hopefully, then leaves. :rolleyes:

Check it some time, Shadowplay, I'll be sure show the ropes of nothingness that was the chatbox. ::(:

Whatever

I miss Perfidion! haha. Oh my god J brown what the hell. Can't say I miss him :D. I miss umm annoying people there, and when people would post random pictures.

Remus

Staff member
J_Brown undoubtely. What a shame the powerfull Remus (& comp.) won the battle ::(:.

I get very annoyed when mods get made out to be the bad guys. If you read the sick things he said to some of the girl members on here and upset them, maybe you would not be so critical. Sometimes I feel like opening up the reported posts section and showing you lot, you'd be genuinely shocked at alot of it. I feel sometimes we should kick out people with more serious/dangerous mental health issues as they sometimes pretty much scare or harass people with 'just SA or avoidant personality'. This is a SA forum afterall, not a psychopath or histrionic forum.

If someone gets banned permanently here, rest assured its usually down to a very serious matter, the last one I reported to the FBI!

Now back on topic please, this is supposed to be a fun thread

Last edited:

philly2bits

Huh, where is my reply? I see it was deleted

It was deleted because it is far of topic in both context and emotion. This thread was started by the OP as a way of getting people interested in the chatbox feature and also for those of us who frequented it in the past to reminisce about good times we had. Questioning mod decisions and such is far off base no matter how much leeway is given to the topic. It has nothing more to do then trying to keep a level of decorum.

If you have anything else you'd like to say you can PM me but as far as this thread goes let's try to keep it on topic.

hippiechild

Haha.. I miss Pyche's purple text and arbitrarily placed QHAT's

also Lurknomore and her signature ::p: face

mrb

Haha.. I miss Pyche's purple text and arbitrarily placed QHAT's

also Lurknomore and her signature ::p: face

yea same here lol pyches purple text did use to make me laugh , she would say nothing then all of a sudden she was there :D the red rage you called her ... but dont go on chat much these days ... did have a laugh on there though ;) and yes lurknomores fav face is always ::p: and i do remember psys QHAT's ........ always out of no were , dont mess with psy methinks lolzzz ...

Last edited:

zharl

To Remus: Sorry that sparked that. I don't even know who j_brown is, and from what you say, that sounds like it's for the better.

To everyone else: Thanks guys for the memories! Even you Psyche! It's been a while! It is still there, you know...just not on the home page. XD