Post the most couragious thing you did this week?

sevenroses

Today with the whole Church looking I managed to carry the bread/gifts down the isle to the priest. My anxiety wasn't that high either :)

Tiercel

Congrats, sevenroses. All I did was go to my mostly weekly RPG session with some friends.

But this time I was mischievous. Every time the guy to my left got up or otherwise turned his back to the table, I switched his glass of soda with a day-old can. As in put each in the other's place. I did this at least 10 times. Unfortunately he didn't notice.

::(:

Last edited:

agoraphobickatie

thursday, i drove all by myself to my therapist's office for the first time ever :) it's kind of cool because exactly one year before that (on the same day, crazy!) i had my first meeting with her.. and my mom had to drive me to her office and i had a panic attack! haha... i wasn't even too anxious, it was a great meeting!

seafolly

Overly honest moment: I'm a little close to tears here. I've never come across anyone who would see these as achievements before. You know there are others like you but it doesn't become reality for everyone. I've gone eight years with people saying, "Oh sure I know exactly what that's like!" and they maybe had a moment of panic once or twice. Hardly agoraphobia.

The most courageous thing I did this week was switch my cell phone plan at the local store...my mother was waiting at the door rather than speaking for me.

Good job, sevenroses! ~WO

The most courageous thing I've done this week (or last two to be more specific) is making a genuine effort on this forum to help others, and myself. Normally I'd be long gone by now. :3

DanFC

I was upfront with my principal investigator to clear up some problems with the research; usually I just let the problems "sort" themselves out since I don't often value my own input.

diesel

the most couragous thing i did was stick up for my friend . we were on the dancefloor when 12 20-something year olds started on us . they attacked my friend and i jumped in immediately even though i was scared and we were winning until the bouncers dragged me and my friend out . now by no means do i condone fighting like this but we are proper nice lads who never start trouble and im quite proud i stood up to them :)

the most couragous thing i did was stick up for my friend . we were on the dancefloor when 12 20-something year olds started on us . they attacked my friend and i jumped in immediately even though i was scared and we were winning until the bouncers dragged me and my friend out . now by no means do i condone fighting like this but we are proper nice lads who never start trouble and im quite proud i stood up to them :)

And you should be! ^W^ Way to go. :3

Luke1993

Congrats, sevenroses. All I did was go to my mostly weekly RPG session with some friends.

Excuse my stupidity but what is an RPG session?

I know that RPG stands for Role Playing Game and Rocket Propelled Grenade but I'm not sure what you're referring to.

mads

Good job people

I havent really done anything this week special. Just visited my family when I am in Denmark on vaccation. Nothing courageous here

I was in the school library yesterday trying to study for midterms. Not long after I sat down and started reading 4 guys came in. They went and sat at the table beside me and started talking real loud. They were talking about politics or some crap like that. One of the guys was especially loud, as if he was giving a lecture in front of a whole room. I could not concentrate at all on my reading.

After like 10 minutes there was no sign of them stopping. Now I could move to a different floor but i told myself I can do this it's no big deal. When the loud one started talking I just interrupted him mid-sentence, I said "Guys. please! Could you keep it down a little . I'm trying to study and it's kinda distracting."

They were sooo caught off-guard that they just stopped talking completely lol - the loud one didn't even finish his sentence. I was equally surprised as they were. I was hoping that they'd just lower their voices but apparently i scared them into stopping their conversation compeletely. I felt bad but felt good at the same time. I mean I've always wanted to do something that like and I did it!

30 minutes later when they did have to speak they resorted to whispering to one another lol. I had no idea I could be so intimidating.

coyote

I know that RPG stands for Role Playing Game and Rocket Propelled Grenade but I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Maybe Tiercel is secretly an international arms dealer?

Last edited:

Tiercel

D20s... D10s... That's how I roll. Mom still won't let me play with explosives. ::(:

Maybe Tiercel is secretly an international arms dealer?

I try not to let the cop who sits next to me each week know about that.... :eek:

Yes, one of my gaming geek friends is actually a police officer. Too bad his coworkers don't know.... Yet.

;)

coyote

I admitted to my boss that I had failed to follow through on something because I had misunderstood his directions - instead of trying to cover it up or lie about it in order to save face.

Felt good!

seafolly

Faced Yorkdale mall (fifth largest mall in the bloody country) and actually was alright. Only a few moments of vertigo and it passed. And I managed to get a new wardrobe to boot which is a rather big deal as I only shop, say, once a year. ;) Trying on clothing is a task I'm not a fan of. Retail therapy, my bum. ::p: