Post a random fact about yourself...

twiggle

Thai food is amazing. Curries are awesome (green curry, red curry, panang curry...yum!), but I can't go past satay chicken. Beautiful dish!

Panang curry is my fave!!
Satay chicken is also delish... I made some yesterday mmm.

Dammit I need to get back out to S.E Asia and eat the real deal.

MikeyC

Panang curry is my fave!!
Satay chicken is also delish... I made some yesterday mmm.

Dammit I need to get back out to S.E Asia and eat the real deal.
You made some? I guarantee yours would be better tasting than mine. I'm a newbie at it and I keep forgetting the ingredients (had to print a recipe :D).

I reckon those in Thailand would make it so flavoursome! We have one in Shellharbour where it's really tasty but I'm sure it's really bland compared to the real thing.

You've been to Thailand before?

twiggle

You made some? I guarantee yours would be better tasting than mine. I'm a newbie at it and I keep forgetting the ingredients (had to print a recipe :D).

I reckon those in Thailand would make it so flavoursome! We have one in Shellharbour where it's really tasty but I'm sure it's really bland compared to the real thing.

You've been to Thailand before?

Well... I kinda cheated (I just bought the paste from the thai supermarket). It's pretty easy though, I'm sure you should be able to find the stuff easily what with Oz being near to S.E Asia. You basically just fry the chicken in a pan and add the sauce :)

And I've not been to Thailand, but I lived just next door in Indo for a few months and the food there is kinda similar (coconut curries etc) They're big on their satay there too. Malay food is similar too.

You're lucky you live so close to these countries with all their yummy foods... ::p:

MikeyC

Well... I kinda cheated (I just bought the paste from the thai supermarket). It's pretty easy though, I'm sure you should be able to find the stuff easily what with Oz being near to S.E Asia. You basically just fry the chicken in a pan and add the sauce :)

And I've not been to Thailand, but I lived just next door in Indo for a few months and the food there is kinda similar (coconut curries etc) They're big on their satay there too. Malay food is similar too.

You're lucky you live so close to these countries with all their yummy foods... ::p:
Ah, that doesn't matter. It's okay to cheat if it still tastes great (and I'm sure that it does!). I go through a production making satay, adding peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, coconut cream, and all that stuff. There is actually an authentic Asian store about 15 minutes away with direct Asian-imported ingredients, so I'll have to go there. My mate made dumplings using egg pastry from that store - delicious!

Indian food also rules. I actually had Indian for lunch in Sydney today. Beautiful! :) Although I had vindaloo and burnt my face off.

I only like milky or pure chocolate. And only at a certain temperature.

I also consider any kind of added taste (nuts, alchohol, cream filling, ect.) to be extremely bad tasting. I'm not even exaggerating, it brings me to the verge of vomiting.

GhastlyCC

I've been vegetarian for four years
I've never been drunk.
Ive been working on a comicbook for a long time and hope to one day put it "out there".
I was in a car accident when I was a kid and now have 6 fake teeth.
I have a deep love for Halloween(the holiday)
I posted five facts when I was asked to post one.

she1slander

Hmm... what else...

AH! Well, I have this mild phobia of going up the escalators and being pushed off by some invisible force... like falling backwards and getting injured... no maybe worse. Probably getting a serious injury and winding up dead before someone could call an ambulance. :eek: I dunno.. somehow I have to hold on to the railing just to prevent myself from getting into a freak escalator accident... which pretty much never happens but you never know!

does anyone else have this similar ridiculous issue? I wonder if there's such a thing as "escalatorphobia". I don't mind going down the escalators but for some reason, going up gets me really nervous! ::(:

MikeyC

Hmm... what else...

AH! Well, I have this mild phobia of going up the escalators and being pushed off by some invisible force... like falling backwards and getting injured... no maybe worse. Probably getting a serious injury and winding up dead before someone could call an ambulance. :eek: I dunno.. somehow I have to hold on to the railing just to prevent myself from getting into a freak escalator accident... which pretty much never happens but you never know!

does anyone else have this similar ridiculous issue? I wonder if there's such a thing as "escalatorphobia". I don't mind going down the escalators but for some reason, going up gets me really nervous! ::(:
I tried to look it up if there was an actual phobia for escalators and came back with nothing. This is very interesting. Is it debilitating?