Post a random fact about yourself...

coyote

Kangaroos can do some awful damage to your car if you hit them!

And don't worry - the amount that end up as roadkill is a tiny fraction of their population. Very tiny. :) Does that help? Haha.

i've eaten kangaroo before

tastes very much like venison

Phoenixx

I've always been the type of girl to choose TIME magazine or Consumer Reports over Seventeen and Cosmo.

I've gotten some pretty weird looks in waiting rooms before. What? Product reviews, world news, health articles, etc. have always been so much more interesting to me than the best dressed celebs, what makeup/clothing I should be wearing, or what my love life horoscope looks like for the month. :rolleyes:

(Of course no offense to those who do read these)

MikeyC

I've always been the type of girl to choose TIME magazine or Consumer Reports over Seventeen and Cosmo.

I've gotten some pretty weird looks in waiting rooms before. What? Product reviews, world news, health articles, etc. have always been so much more interesting to me than the best dressed celebs, what makeup/clothing I should be wearing, or what my love life horoscope looks like for the month. :rolleyes:

I also would rather read product reviews and world news than celebrity gossip, but I would much rather read neither of those and listen to my iPod. :)

I hate those stupid gossip/glamor magazines. I like Time, Sports Illustrated, and the official Doctor Who magazine. :) But the best magazine of all time is Highlights. I can find those objects like nobody's ****ing business!

I don't want to have kids. I don't have the patience for them. My extended family always tells me that I'll change my mind and that I'll want my own little tyke one day. It drives me crazy. Procreation is necessary for our species, but it shouldn't be the measure of how full of a life you've lived. I get very offended when people bring this up. There's also a small part of me that would never want to have a child go through what I've gone through and am going through right now. I've seen what it has done to my mom and I couldn't do it. And mental illnesses run in my family, so any kid of mine would be ****ed from the start.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

But the best magazine of all time is Highlights. I can find those objects like nobody's ****ing business!
^ Oh yeah! Totally forgot about Highlights. Used to read them all the time when I was a kid, along with solving pretty much every puzzle in the Puzzlemania mags too.

MikeyC

And I would much rather do both! :D
Good point. :)

I don't want to have kids. I don't have the patience for them. My extended family always tells me that I'll change my mind and that I'll want my own little tyke one day. It drives me crazy. Procreation is necessary for our species, but it shouldn't be the measure of how full of a life you've lived. I get very offended when people bring this up. There's also a small part of me that would never want to have a child go through what I've gone through and am going through right now. I've seen what it has done to my mom and I couldn't do it. And mental illnesses run in my family, so any kid of mine would be ****ed from the start.
If mental illness runs in your family, and you feel you don't have the patience to properly bring one up, then you've probably made the right decision. And you're quite right - it's not the result of the life you've led, despite some people saying how much they love their kids and how happy they are to have them. I'm sure that's true, but I know I'll be judged by these same people because I don't have a child.

I'm like you in that I don't want children. Not in this society we have, not with the world population at massive levels, I don't have the money, and I wouldn't have the patience, either. It's simply not a good idea all round.

Currently, I've been quite b*tchy and irritable. My excuse? Because I'm single.
Hopefully not for long.... :)

phantastica

fact one. i am here every day and can't seem to write anything. (always observing, never interacting, relationships only in my head. story of my life.)
fact two. i had a visitor last week; his half empty beverage still stands, where he left it.

DeadmanWalking

fact one. i am here every day and can't seem to write anything. (always observing, never interacting, relationships only in my head. story of my life.)
fact two. i had a visitor last week; his half empty beverage still stands, where he left it.

May I ask why you're afraid of posting? Is it because of your anxiety or because you don't have much to say?

Do you plan on putting the beverage in the trash soon?

Niteowl

Every couple of weeks I buy a bunch of old digital comics and spend the night reading them. Now if I can just find a job, I won't have to feel bad about doing it, haha.

I've got to read a book about a 700 year old map now, and slowly memorise the contents for my volunteering work!

phantastica

May I ask why you're afraid of posting? Is it because of your anxiety or because you don't have much to say?
sure, you may. in short: both.
(longer version: i guess, i never really learned to communicate, just to get along somehow and say sentences, that are possible and sort of what i think i want or should say. as a result i feel like i'm just a fake person, a liar, an actress. there's hardly anything i long more for than to really talk to people. (whatever that means.) but silence is the only thing that feels like not acting. furthermore the always nagging voice telling me 'don't disturb the others.' and my heartbeat that triples before hitting the 'submit reply' button. oh well..)

Do you plan on putting the beverage in the trash soon?
either that or i'll just give it a name.