Post a random fact about yourself...

DeadmanWalking

sure, you may. in short: both.
(longer version: i guess, i never really learned to communicate, just to get along somehow and say sentences, that are possible and sort of what i think i want or should say. as a result i feel like i'm just a fake person, a liar, an actress. there's hardly anything i long more for than to really talk to people. (whatever that means.) but silence is the only thing that feels like not acting. furthermore the always nagging voice telling me 'don't disturb the others.' and my heartbeat that triples before hitting the 'submit reply' button. oh well..)

either that or i'll just give it a name.

You shouldn't feel as though you're bothering us by posting. You joined here for a reason, right? We won't ever tell you off for posting how you feel about something. Let us help you work on your speaking skills. I think that "really talking to people" simply means that you're saying what's on your mind and are comfortable with doing so. Your opinions are just as important as mine or anyone else's on here. If I have a right to say what I feel, then so do you.

Give it a name, huh::p:? What kind of names are you thinking about;)?

MikeyC

sure, you may. in short: both.
(longer version: i guess, i never really learned to communicate, just to get along somehow and say sentences, that are possible and sort of what i think i want or should say. as a result i feel like i'm just a fake person, a liar, an actress. there's hardly anything i long more for than to really talk to people. (whatever that means.) but silence is the only thing that feels like not acting. furthermore the always nagging voice telling me 'don't disturb the others.' and my heartbeat that triples before hitting the 'submit reply' button. oh well..)
You certainly won't be disturbing anyone by posting. But no rush if you're feeling anxious. We'll be here, waiting for you. :)

either that or i'll just give it a name.
I would call it StinkyDrinky.

I am female and I HATE shopping.
(for everything)
Nothing wrong with that. It's not a rule that all females have to love shopping. It's an annoying experience and I also hate it.

I'm male and I hate cars. Rims, decals, wings, subwoofers, getting them lowered or powered...uh, can I just get one that gets me from A to B and won't break down constantly? Thanks.

MikeyC

^ I think you just took those words out of my head.
I am the Mindtaker. :)

When I bought my current car, there was a similar one in blue that had rims and a wing on the back. Not going to lie - it looked SEXY. I wanted to buy that one over this one. However, that one was two years older, had more km's on the clock, and they wanted an extra $2000 or so. I thought about it long and hard, but I went with my one now. It doesn't look as nice, but it was the smarter option, and I don't regret my purchase one bit.

coyote

I'm male and I hate cars. Rims, decals, wings, subwoofers, getting them lowered or powered...uh, can I just get one that gets me from A to B and won't break down constantly? Thanks.

these things tend to be favored by men who are trying to overcompensate for other shortcomings

tight handling and a reliable engine wins every time

MikeyC

these things tend to be favored by men who are trying to overcompensate for other shortcomings

tight handling and a reliable engine wins every time
That's true. My neighbour across the road is into that sort of thing...maybe he's got some shortcomings....

megalon

fact one. i am here every day and can't seem to write anything. (always observing, never interacting, relationships only in my head. story of my life.)
fact two. i had a visitor last week; his half empty beverage still stands, where he left it.
No problem being a lurker if that what you're comfortable with. There's plenty of us lurkers here. I've been here three and a half years and I don't even have 400 posts.

You're dangerously close to forfeiture of your man card with that statement. ::p:

THeCARS1979

I love Classic Rock,
My favorite band is the CARS.
I love Starbucks Coffee.
I love Levis jeans,
I love Timberlands.
I love wearing black and dark blue.
I love karaoke

this_portrait

I used to make cards for people on their birthdays. I'm told that people appreciate that way more than a store-bought card. Perhaps I should get back into it again.