Post a random fact about yourself...

I don't get sick(knock on wood)

Me neither! Well I used to get sick a lot when I was younger, but haven't been for the past 2 and a half years... (knock on wood)

..I also bite the skin on the back of my hand when i'm nervous.. no idea why.

Tiercel

I snagged 14 WWI & WWII books at a library book sale over the weekend. More than half concern aerial combat. :)

I found books by Hans Rudel, Saburo Sakai, Adolf Galland, Walter Dornberger, James Edgar "Johnnie" Johnson, and Robert S. Johnson. A book about Himmler, one about Buchenwald, one about the kamikaze fighters, one about the battle of Midway from the Japanese perspective, one about the Japanese air war in the Pacific, one about Otto Skorzeny, one about aerial combat in WWI, and one about the Red Baron. And they all have that old paperback smell.

I also found one about the Vikings and another one about Anglo-Saxon England. So I can sum up my weekend with one word:

Jackpot!

:D

petrified eyes

I snagged 14 WWI & WWII books at a library book sale over the weekend. More than half concern aerial combat. :)

I found books by Hans Rudel, Saburo Sakai, Adolf Galland, Walter Dornberger, James Edgar "Johnnie" Johnson, and Robert S. Johnson. A book about Himmler, one about Buchenwald, one about the kamikaze fighters, one about the battle of Midway from the Japanese perspective, one about the Japanese air war in the Pacific, one about Otto Skorzeny, one about aerial combat in WWI, and one about the Red Baron. And they all have that old paperback smell.

I also found one about the Vikings and another one about Anglo-Saxon England. So I can sum up my weekend with one word:

Jackpot!

:D

Random fact: I am very envious of Tiercel right now.

I want a parallel universe to exist that is an exact copy of the mass effect one.

I don't believe in string theory or the big bang.

I am not religious. I do not believe in God.

Many random facts.

lunaticbinge

I want a parallel universe to exist that is an exact copy of the mass effect one.

I don't believe in string theory or the big bang.

I am not religious. I do not believe in God.

Many random facts.

Why don't you believe in the big bang? The expansion of our universe is surely proof of that. Do you believe in infinite parallel universes? The multiverse theory? If so there is definitely a Mass Effect universe in parallel universes of this one or another.

Last edited:
Why don't you believe in the big bang? The expansion of our universe is surely proof of that. Do you believe in infinite parallel universes? The multiverse theory? If so there is definitely a Mass Effect universe in parallel universes of this one or another.

I believe that the multiverse theroy is a plausible theory, but the big bang just doesn't do it for me.

1: It was created by a priest ( I know it's judgmental but hey).

2: You cannot simply have nothing then an explosion of particles and gasses that created the known universe today that came from nothing. It's too simplistic to believe. The Scientific community believed not that long ago that there was no "black holes" as we perceive them today. Only after Albert Einstein did the Scientific community say "OH SHI-, NO WAY". It takes someone that can think outside of the whole situation that is presented to them. A free thinker moves humanity on and on instead of just agreeing with a theory.

Which is why I dislike the Scientific community, they present a theory and it is taken as fact. Annoys me.

Last edited:

lunaticbinge

Which is why I dislike the Scientific community, they present a theory and it is taken as fact. Annoys me.

This is so true. They even like to think they know the size of the universe itself for a fact. I'm sure a century from now the scientists of the future will be laughing at our ideas like we laugh at creationism today.