Poll: How would rate your SA?

Poll: How would you rate your SA?

• Total voters

CursedSoul

Banned
Re: Poll: How would you rate your SA?

At different times in my life, the first three.

Hey moderator please correct the heading of this thread, I tried but its not showing up in the index,
I wanted to say
'Poll: How would you rate your SA?'
but I forgot the 'you' before 'rate' ! Please add the missing 'you' ! LOL...

I agree with Remus.

Also I wouldn't say; I can control it 'if I want' because if that were true I would never feel anxious and I do feel anxiety at times. I would say its moderate most of the time.

I voted moderate, but I think it's a little more severe than moderate, but not "totally insane." There are so many things that I can do now that I was too afraid to do in the past. But there are still aspects that hold me back, like getting a job.

mikebird

Banned
How would rate your SA?

I am really glad that I came out with the same majority group for now!!

What does that mean??!! :eek:

I fit in!! here

Moderate

GraybeardGhost

I gotta be different, so I'm voting "others." My SA fluctuates dramatically, largely in relation to my appearance. If I'm feeling pretty (for a scruffy, old dude) I might be bold as brass, but if I think I look like a dead homeless guy, then I might be unable to go out among people for anything. Two months ago, I was just this side of normal. Right now, I wouldn't leave the house if you set it on fire.

laure15

I gotta be different, so I'm voting "others." My SA fluctuates dramatically, largely in relation to my appearance. If I'm feeling pretty (for a scruffy, old dude) I might be bold as brass, but if I think I look like a dead homeless guy, then I might be unable to go out among people for anything. Two months ago, I was just this side of normal. Right now, I wouldn't leave the house if you set it on fire.

Same here. I can control my SA in some situations, but not all. If I don't have good clothes to wear for going out, I can feel low self-esteem no matter what I do because I know people will judge me according to my appearance.
I am also less anxious in sparsely populated areas compared to crowded places.

Rembrandt Broam

I went with moderate, because mostly it is. I still have situations where I can get very anxious, but I can mostly work around those so my SA is pretty much controllable in day to day life.

coyote

I agree with Remus.

Also I wouldn't say; I can control it 'if I want' because if that were true I would never feel anxious and I do feel anxiety at times. I would say its moderate most of the time.

yeah, i can't necessarily control it. i just do my thing anyway and push through it.

I went with moderate, because mostly it is. I still have situations where I can get very anxious, but I can mostly work around those so my SA is pretty much controllable in day to day life.

they stole my answer

I don't know. I think it's gotten worse lately because this is the most depressed and bad about myself I've ever felt. But back when I felt more normal, my SA was pretty manageable. The biggest problem for me then was trying to be assertive.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I used to have it moderate, then it got worse. But it really depends on the situation. In some situations I can control it, other times I get no symptoms.

Not sure if anyone has this, but the closer a person is to me, the worse my SA gets. For example, my mate is probably going to visit in a couple of months, I am very happy for that, but at the same time I know for a fact that I will be completely mute. Why? I am supposed to be more comfortable around someone I've known for so long, right?

Dreamscape

I have moved to another country. living all by myself for the first time. I'm 24 years old. and i feel like crippled when interacting someone here. I feel totally depressed and always feel left out. i hate this feeling.

U

user deleted

I don't know. I think it's difficult to put an objective value on it. What I consider severe may not be the same for everyone, same as what I'd consider moderate, or light.

wanderingstar

I have few if any symptoms of social anxiety on a day-to-day basis.

I naturally don't connect with many people, most of the things I want to do cost a lot of money (think concerts, the ballet, etc), and I do not drive yet. I do not leave the house more than three times a month and sometimes go nearly two months without even going outside (cannot go more than that because I have to get refills on medications).

Pre-meds my general and social anxiety was debilitating, I was in near constant self-torment. I would go months on end without leaving the house, could not speak loud enough to be heard to anyone who was not a close relative, constantly worried that I had offended God and was going to hell or that the world would end. I act strangely, like having to bathe and shave my legs every waking hour on the hour -- I flooded the yard and I thought I would scar my legs, they were so raw or conversely going months without bathing. I had odd thoughts, like the people on the television were hinting at things to me or about conspiracies and I did have a few episodes of hallucinations. I would harm myself intermittently and thought longingly of suicide. I was not a happy camper.

Now my anxiety is moderate, manageable when I do find the motivation to be around people or think of something anxiety provoking. Most of the time I do not feel anxious. I still believe myself to have mild depression and am very unproductive, but I feel not horrible.

I voted other.

kristina303

Before I started taking medication it was moderate. Now it only exists in my head. I don't have symptoms anymore, but in my head I'm still scared.

Hastings & Main

Sometimes incredibly bad, others tolerable, but I'm learning to control it using my own methods and I've gotten MUCH better over the past year or so. Been alone so very long because of this thing and it seems I'm sloooowly becoming human.

WeirdyMcGee

I never know how to vote on polls like this.
Agoraphobic-- I'm still a bit confused about how this is different from being socially anxious.
...so I won't vote.
haha