People that are happy all the time.

SmileMore

I've seen people like this and i just don't understand how they can be so positive and happy all the time. It's like they have zero worries and everything goes right for them. I'll never feel even a fraction on the happiness that they do. Everything always goes wrong for me yet certain people get everything practically handed to them on a plate. Why are some people just happy all the time?

surewhynot

It has a lot to do with perspective. It's not actually that everything in their lives is perfect, but that they focus on the positive, not the negative. Glass half-empty versus half-full type of thing. Optimist versus pessimist. Some people are good at finding something good in any bad situation.

SmileMore

It has a lot to do with perspective. It's not actually that everything in their lives is perfect, but that they focus on the positive, not the negative. Glass half-empty versus half-full type of thing. Optimist versus pessimist. Some people are good at finding something good in any bad situation.

I know someone who has everything going right for them. It's not just about being positive. They have a perfect family, money, loads of friends etc

surewhynot

I know someone who has everything going right for them. It's not just about being positive. They have a perfect family, money, loads of friends etc

Then I guess that answers your question. "Why are some people just happy all the time?" Because "they have a perfect family, money, loads of friends etc".

::p:

coyote

I suspect many unhappy people put on happy masks each day

exactly

there's obviously some social currency to be gained from appearing happy

but what i don't understand are all the people who insist on wearing the sad mask each day

what does that gain them exactly? pity? is that what they're after?

FriendlyShadow

Yeah, that's my main concern with most people's positivity. I can't help thinking even if the majority of the people do have typical problems, I think they have the most luckiest lives to have ever lived. It'd difficult me seeing extroverts(and usually it I see it is extroverts having less problems. I think even little reserved/extroverted people don't have it as bad either. ), people who have practically less worries in their lives while for others like me, I don't really know how to manage them well. It's how it is in tv shows/movies too, where everybody is all smiley, giggly, flawless, talkative, almost like any fairytale story ever been written. Wow, I if I had the chance to restart my whole life again I wouldn't ever mind living that way actually. I feel bad for those who do suffer greatly. People who I've heard doing drugs, cutting themselves, bullied, ect. I think movies/shows set a false interpretation of what reality is like, and it's even more scary the fact many people start absorbing it hardwired in their brains. The people who I've met I see are just like the others. I guess it's because they are just sane people.

SmileMore

exactly

but what i don't understand are all the people who insist on wearing the sad mask each day

Sad mask? What's that? I can't think of a reason why a person would choose to feel depressed. I sure don't. Feeling suicidal and suffering from depression isn't something you can just snap out of to make other people feel better.

Diend

Nobody really gets things handed to them. Stress is caused by giving a fock. Dont give a fock. Change your appearance. Look sexy.

Sora

No one is happy all the time.

This!

Wise words, and to elaborate further. You don't see these so called "happy people" all the time do you?

Fact is they are not happy all the time. You will just be catching them on their happy days or "happy face / front".

No one likes to come across as sad or depressed

Srijita52

^Agreed. I think it depends upon a few things. Mostly happy people have things going on for them, they have family and friends they can count on when depressed, they have most of their basic needs met (including social need) plus they have a more optimastic perspective, I guess its kind of like a positive loop when the more positive they are the more things they get done which in turn makes them happy.

theoutsider

I've seen people like this and i just don't understand how they can be so positive and happy all the time. It's like they have zero worries and everything goes right for them. I'll never feel even a fraction on the happiness that they do. Everything always goes wrong for me yet certain people get everything practically handed to them on a plate. Why are some people just happy all the time?

This is a frame of mind that I strive to obtain. You have to first of all understand that they aren't happy because they've had everything handed to them or they never experience setbacks or problems. Some people learn to stay above all the pettiness, take life as it comes, including all the downs that go with the ups and roll with the punches with a smile on their face. Trust me, having everything handed to you and not having many obstacles in life does NOT ensure happiness. I know people whose lives are like that and they wind up addicted to drugs and/or alcohol to cope. I guess when things are too easy for some it makes their lives devoid and empty. Happiness comes from within and I admire and respect anyone who has found a way to maintain it for most of their lives.

SmileMore

^Agreed. I think it depends upon a few things. Mostly happy people have things going on for them, they have family and friends they can count on when depressed, they have most of their basic needs met (including social need) plus they have a more optimastic perspective, I guess its kind of like a positive loop when the more positive they are the more things they get done which in turn makes them happy.

I suppose. If you aren't lucky enough to not have SA and good things in your life though how are you supposed to be positive about things? I'm really struggling to see any positivity in my life.

exactly

Yes, but these days a neutral face is misread as unhappiness, take notice how the media shows big, smiley faces as being the norm

Yes, and I've had to do this, too. It's got to do with people not worrying about me, and asking what the matter is all the time.

Same

Foxie913

Happy people bug me to no end. I feel like slapping their happy smiles right off their faces. That would be fun hahaha.

Hoppy

Being happy all the time certainly beats being sad all the time.

I've done the second part, and are striving for the first.

The most difficult thing is spending so much time among the sad group, I would easily ditch them for the happy group. The sad people drags the happy people down.