online dating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookah

One of many? :(

Lol derailing the thread. In an attempt to be back on topic, online dating sites for me are disatrous, I agree that if you date online try it via mutual interests on forums and stuff.

OceanMist

An update for me: I've noticed something that is really irritating me with online dating sites, at least from my experience for the last 8 months or so. I'm getting a lot of women looking at my profile, but I'm not kidding here.....about 180 women have viewed my profile on both dating sites (POF and okcupid) and I've only received messages from 6 women.

That's insane. Only 3% of women who look at my profile are interested enough to message me? Does anybody else have a similar percentage to this? Is it normal for 97% of the people viewing your profile of the opposite sex to look at your profile and not message you?

megalon

An update for me: I've noticed something that is really irritating me with online dating sites, at least from my experience for the last 8 months or so. I'm getting a lot of women looking at my profile, but I'm not kidding here.....about 180 women have viewed my profile on both dating sites (POF and okcupid) and I've only received messages from 6 women.

That's insane. Only 3% of women who look at my profile are interested enough to message me? Does anybody else have a similar percentage to this? Is it normal for 97% of the people viewing your profile of the opposite sex to look at your profile and not message you?

I think that would be abnormal if you were a woman, but for us guys that might even be above average.

OceanMist

I think that would be abnormal if you were a woman, but for us guys that might even be above average.

Wow, that's very depressing then. I appreciate your input.

I just don't get it, though. I don't get why they all look at my profile and never say anything. I mean, what's the point in looking at our profiles if they have no intention of talking to me? Am I just a zoo animal that the people come by to just look at and just move past?

SM1010

Simple breakdown of my last two years with online dating:

- 80% of the time women message me that I'm not interested in OR I message women that apparently aren't interested and don't reply.

- 10% of the time attractive chick messages me OR I message attractive chick and we have a decent conversation. But the conversation dies before we meet up or even exchange numbers. Occasionally I've stopped replying but most of the time it's the women.

- 10% of the time attractive chick messages me OR I message attractive chick and we have a decent conversation. We exchange numbers and plan to meet up. Of all the numbers I've gotten I'd say I actually end up meeting about 40% of them.

Online dating can be very frustrating. You have to find a way to stand out from the 1000 other guys you're competing with in a 25 mile radius. But at the same time I've gone out with 10+ women in the past two years, and that number would probably be 0 if it wasn't for online dating because I'm too shy too approach women in person.

So from my experience, it's been incredibly frustrating AND rewarding at the same time lol. So I keep forging ahead.

Last edited:
I think it is a very different experience for men and women(obviously). I set up a fake one once and got messaged by old men looking for sex, I had a fat asian man show me his shaved willy.

Anyway, I have told a few people here my experiences, the dwarf that won't quit, etc. I have a new problem, I don't know what to say to strangers, a girl that looks a bit like Eva Green has just messaged me, and all I can think is "You're not a dwarf! yay!"

I haven't added anything constructive here. Basically as a guy you will have a ton of rejection, and as a girl you will be sexually harassed.

Maybe they have all been put off by your gorgeousness? That's what I tell myself.

But really they expect you to message them, they got a ton of messages, they don't need to risk rejection.

Pookah

If Tolkien has taught us anything it is that they are headstrong folk.

Problem is we all want Elves and Numenorians. Dwarves and Hobbits not very high on attraction. Forget Uruk and goblins/orcs....

Aletheia

acteonizing

Maybe they have all been put off by your gorgeousness?

Seriously.

My best friend at uni still hadn't had a boyfriend at 21. She was so acteonizingly beautiful, that no guy had had the cojones to ask her out, and she was left feeling all unlovable.

(She looked like a blonde Hope Sandoval, so you can imagine.)

MikeyC

Re: acteonizing

Seriously.

My best friend at uni still hadn't had a boyfriend at 21. She was so acteonizingly beautiful, that no guy had had the cojones to ask her out, and she was left feeling all unlovable.

(She looked like a blonde Hope Sandoval, so you can imagine.)
You women can't catch a break.

coyote

this thread really makes me want to post a profile on a dating site

just to see what happens

jonas89

I'll never try a dating side again after when I was keened to try it and got a repugnant outcome haha just some old guy sending me a messages if I would like to do his daughter and he would like to watch the action,, and people are just looking for the third wheel and most is on a similar role. Not the best experience from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.