online dating

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor01

You could make a thread about it. You might be surprised, and what do you have to lose?

From what you said above maybe you're saying too much too soon; not being casual enough, maybe. That's just a guess.

Well, I feel I am casual in that I don't imply I want to meet them or something right away. If anything I actually feel that I'm very non invasive, and relaxed with it. I don't try to make them feel that if they reply, it means I expect them to meet me or something. I just attempt to connect like they're a real person.
And so I should probabaly follow through with that and NOT be bothered if they arn't interested in doing that or replying at all hah.

No one owes me anything and I guess its at my own risk of feeling more down that I use such sites haha.

And with my profile info I make it very clear I don't like the traditional "man in control" type way, or even what people call propper "relationships" at the minute, asin almost trying to own the other person.

But yeah, maybe I write too much haha.

Its just that some profiles note that they dont want "one line messages" or people just saying "hi, how are you"? anyway. So its difficult to tell exactly what is appropriate/what they want anyway.

Anyway,maybe I will. Its just I just don't feel quite right with the feeling that I'm trying to make out that I'm the only one or any more importnant than anyon else with this problem hah.

Last edited:

tenuous~hold

Did you guys see my latest post? I wrote about a new website called MapOfMates.com, its more like a Facebook for us but it has some dating features.

i have a feeling quite a few will be checking that out!
(seems slightly bare, empty, & hard to make your way around it atm, but maybe it will improve) i can picture meeting understanding people there at least, not that you can't do that here as well.

i used to meet people occasionally through the online places, & even dated someone for a year once (still friends, 10 years later). but it's just so 2-dimensional & you really can't tell if you'd really like or be liked very easily. plus, like mentioned, some are in such a rush to meet. ("hi"... "wanta meet?")

AsTimeBurns: I signed up for a month on that eharmony one (cost about £40) and i'm on a free one as well. Seems fairly pointless though, you message lots of people and just get no responses at all. I never know what o say either really. But from my experience, if they bother to read the message at all, they then view the profile of mine to see what i look like/am like and then don't respond. -.-

eharmony is an extremely religious-oriented site, even though (at least in the past), they are not honest & forthright about it to people filling out their surveys, etc. (a complete waste of time for anyone who's not very religious!)

Last edited:

Aletheia

Bah online dating bah.

The only boyfriend I've ever ended up actively disliking was the product of my one attempt at online dating, and I'm sure that that's not a coincidence.

There is just way too much pressure on a date. You have to "decide" before you really get to know the person. And you have to be much blunter if it's a no.

tenuous~hold

too bad many of us have no other way to meet others?
at least in my case, i don't do a lot socially (not sure if i would consider camping a social thing since normally you're sitting in the middle of the woods & hopefully there aren't many other people around). so the chances for meeting people are pretty much diminished.

still, i've found the online dating sites as not a great alternative (to being a complete loner or hermit, i mean)!

Aletheia

Advice for those who do want to go this route: for God's sake be truthful on your profile, in fact, express who you are as much as you can.

There's no point writing a profile that is only what you think other people are looking for. You'll just draw people who you have little in common with, and they'll find out whether you live up to your profile soon enough anyway. It's a big waste of time for all concerned.

If you be yourself, you may get fewer "hits" but those you do are more likely to be "the one".

coyote

if you want to meet people online

i would recommend forums (like this one)

rather than dating sites

it's like the real-life difference between meeting someone socially or picking them up in a singles bar

Pookah

if you want to meet people online

i would recommend forums (like this one)

rather than dating sites

it's like the real-life difference between meeting someone socially or picking them up in a singles bar

Come here often? :cool:

Aletheia

Alternatives: I met one guy online gaming, and another after I left a comment on his webcomic.

Do stuff you enjoy, talk to people you like, and let things go from there.

coyote

Do stuff you enjoy, talk to people you like, and let things go from there.

fb_bt_awesome.jpg

DeadmanWalking

I come on here for one second and Pookah and coyote are flirting with each other?! What madness is this?! I should've been here at the start! I want to join in too:rolleyes:!

Oh yeah, Pookah? I use the corny pick-up lines, not you::p:. Yours are just cliche, doesn't mean that they don't work though.

Pookah

I come on here for one second and Pookah and coyote are flirting with each other?! What madness is this?! I should've been here at the start! I want to join in too:rolleyes:!

Oh yeah, Pookah? I use the corny pick-up lines, not you::p:. Yours are just cliche, doesn't mean that they don't work though.

Well, here I am. What were your other two wishes? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.