Online Dating: ratios

No idea who that is. :question:

"[Alas] Smith & Jones" comedy show that was on tv in the 80s & 90s.

ca365ef440074a69ef61a943355c0a3a2b25f2b3.jpg

I'm sorry to hear this, but a friend of mine before has dated a guy at OKC before so i think there's still hope there.

Thank you for trying to cheer me up lily, I don't doubt that, dating is not really the issue here. "losing" that person is, I felt a strong connection with her.

OKC still is better than many other apps, that are most of the time sexually oriented.

The only funny thing with OKC is that there are really many vegans / feminists/leftist, that's soooo cliché.

Another thing is that is beyond me is that people get way too philosophical about their orientation : sapiosexual, demisexual, cisgender .....blablablabla

Thank god one can't define himself as : Zoophile, Pedophile or Necrophiliac.

I don't understand a thing about that and I don't want to fill my brain with it. As far as I am concerned : Women can either be Heterosexual, Bisexual or Lesbian.

I mean who knows, maybe she wasn't even real. Some people are weird like that and they have fake profiles. Or maybe, she has something going on and maybe it freaked her out thinking about meeting in person?

Try not to think too deeply about it.

Thank you for what I consider to be a pat on the shoulder cappatown420, I assure you, that's what I thought at first, before speaking with her in French, English, Spanish and Arabic. It's really hard for a non-native to speak Arabic, let alone the Saudi dialect.

She made me understand that what how I felt for her was reciprocal, and that she would like to meet me.

I am very confused, not thinking that deeply about it, but it's like losing someone already.

I'm no expert in these things, but it strikes me that it could be WAY TOO SOON to be thinking of meeting in person, when you've only "known" them for 2 days??? :question:

Hello theslowesthand, I drew my revolver too fast it seems. I hope you understand my joke.

Nevertheless, she didn't seem to mind that much, I told her that I was ok with waiting, we continued our conversation normally then two days she vanished.

@Jungle please don't take offense but 200 messages in 2 days is cray cray

Hello MollyBeGood, none taken (-=, we both wanted to know more about each other, it came naturally, it wasn't small talk, quite the opposite, we talked about personal things.

Last edited:

cappatown420

Thank you for trying to cheer me up lily, I don't doubt that, dating is not really the issue here. "losing" that person is, I felt a strong connection with her.

OKC still is better than many other apps, that are most of the time sexually oriented.

The only funny thing with OKC is that there are really many vegans / feminists/leftist, that's soooo cliché.

Another thing is that is beyond me is that people get way too philosophical about their orientation : sapiosexual, demisexual, cisgender .....blablablabla

Thank god one can't define himself as : Zoophile, Pedophile or Necrophiliac.

I don't understand a thing about that and I don't want to fill my brain with it. As far as I am concerned : Women can either be Heterosexual, Bisexual or Lesbian.

Thank you for what I consider to be a pat on the shoulder cappatown420, I assure you, that's what I thought at first, before speaking with her in French, English, Spanish and Arabic. It's really hard for a non-native to speak Arabic, let alone the Saudi dialect.

She made me understand that what how I felt for her was reciprocal, and that she would like to meet me.

I am very confused, not thinking that deeply about it, but it's like losing someone already.

Hello theslowesthand, I drew my revolver too fast it seems. I hope you understand my joke.

Nevertheless, she didn't seem to mind that much, I told her that I was ok with waiting, we continued our conversation normally then two days she vanished.

Hello MollyBeGood, none taken (-=, we both wanted to know more about each other, it came naturally, it wasn't small talk, quite the opposite, we talked about personal things.

You're a good looking guy, I'm certain you will find another person to speak with.

Just throwing that out there because I know a lot of people whether it's SA or depression have very low self-esteem.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I feel very sad now, I cannot find the conversation I had with that person anymore. (not even in older conversations)

According to OKC she has either blocked me, or had her account banned, I really do not understand how this can be, we had over 200 messages in less than two days, and she clearly expressed her willingness to meet me in person. I am so confused.

I am sorry to hear about this lily, I've hardly had anything similar.

I am looking for the same in women, kindness and care, it's really hard to find.

I am cursed.

Maybe she chickened out.

Maybe her oppressive father found out she was on a dating site and demanded that she delete her profile because he did not approve, and now she's horribly upset that she can never talk to you again. Stranger things have happened.

You just never know sometimes. That's dating. That's life.

:idontknow:

cappatown420

Can I ask who brought up meeting in person first?

If that was me... I'd probably be like, yeah maybe.... then be scared AF inside.

You're a good looking guy, I'm certain you will find another person to speak with.

Just throwing that out there because I know a lot of people whether it's SA or depression have very low self-esteem.

Thank you for the compliment, cappatown420, my anxiety decreased by 5%.

Can I ask who brought up meeting in person first?

If that was me... I'd probably be like, yeah maybe.... then be scared AF inside.

I did ask her first. Using something like :

"I really appreciate you, many people here just don't bother replying, instead of that, we are having an intelligent conversation you and me, I am not going to hide that I am very anxious about meeting someone I've met on a dating app, as it's my first time" I also told her that whatever her choice might be, I'd understand, I spoke very openly.

She replied that she felt the same, and that she picked someone from the same culture, because she assumed that our relation would be intercourse free (and I told her that she assumed right).

Thank you for giving your opinion, let this be a lesson to me in the futur : never rush things.

Maybe she chickened out.

Maybe her oppressive father found out she was on a dating site and demanded that she delete her profile because he did not approve, and now she's horribly upset that she can never talk to you again. Stranger things have happened.

You just never know sometimes. That's dating. That's life.

:idontknow:

hello NathanielWingatePeaslee, that's a possibility about chickening out,

No way she deleted her account, I've known people who have on OKC, and the conversation just goes to "Old coversation" it still exists, I doubled checked on google. It is still displayable.

Lol that's a stereotype of conservative Saudi Arabia about her father, the opposite is exactly why was interested in her. I avoid people that are too much into religion/ let their parents handle their personal life.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Lol that's a stereotype of conservative Saudi Arabia about her father, the opposite is exactly why was interested in her. I avoid people that are too much into religion/ let their parents handle their personal life.

I mentioned it because it happened to me once. :/

lily

I would have felt so embarrassed if my parents knew about my sentimental life.

What exactly happened if you do not mind me asking?

My parents know about my life and they don't look down on me. i try to focus on the positive and doing things about issues and the fact that i can spend time with my family like my mother and sister and visit my father is already so good. They're your family. they should be accepting parents already b/c you're their son.

Last edited:
My parents know about my life and they don't look down on me. i try to focus on the positive and doing things about issues and the fact that i can spend time with my family like my mother and sister and visit my father is already so good. They're your family. they should be accepting parents already b/c you're their son.

My mother doesn't accept the fact that I am attracted by older women, she defines women that are 5 years older than me as cougars :eek:h: . That's why I will never talk about my personal life to my family anymore, because they make me feel bad about my feelings to older persons. Yet they'd be okay if I was interested in younger women, that's completely the opposite with me in fact, I cannot stand being with younger women, because I feel this is just wrong.

Yet I can easily fall in love with a woman in her 50s , I am such an hypocrite.

Last edited:

lily

Fountainandfairfax, why did you post that freaky/gross image to my quote. r you against me liking to date another ethnicity?

lily

My mother doesn't accept the fact that I am attracted by older women, she defines women that are 5 years older than me as cougars :eek:h: . That's why I will never talk about my personal life to my family anymore, because they make me feel bad about my feelings to older persons. Yet they'd be okay if I was interested in younger women, that's completely the opposite with me in fact, I cannot stand being with younger women, because I feel this is just wrong.

Yet I can easily fall in love with a woman in her 50s , I am such an hypocrite.
5 years is fine. she should be understanding of you. Sorry to hear that