Old Cartoons!

Lemonheadzuccini

Remember the classics? Ren and Stimpy,Courage the cowardly dog, rocket power, my life as ginger, johnny bravo, dragonball z, eliza thornberry, and ed edd and eddy? WHERE DID THEY GOOO???!!!
Ren_and_Stimpy_Non_Motivate_by_Sonicman1.jpg

Shyangel

I watched every single one of those cartoons you stated. Good times, good times. I was a Power Puff Girls fanatic, by the way.

MikeyC

Ren And Stimpy was quite silly for my tastes, but I do remember it was pretty out there for its time. :) I really liked CatDog, personally.

Invisibleman

I remember back when spike TV (Then the new TNN) took Ren and Stimpy and turned it into an adult show. My god,Il never get the image of when Ren lost his teeth and started ripping out the nerves in his gums *OUCH*! Id post it but people would probably vomit.

WeirdyMcGee

You mean... 'older'- as in 90's kid shows back when Nickelodeon and WB only made shows that were silly and gross?
Back when cable standards for children were slightly more lax?
Back when shows were all still cell animated? Yeah...
Yeah. haha

Ren and Stimpy and later, a less random humor in Rugrats. haha
Rocko's Modern Life was full of adult humor and satire. I didn't get it so much back when it first aired... and now I do and it's still not that funny- but I still like it for some reason. :rolleyes:
ROCKOS MODERN LIFE (ALTERNATE W/ SONG) INTRODUCTION - YouTube

This was on for awhile... Freakazoid had a short stint, too. Earthworm Jim did much better though, I think. (plus he had a videogame! XD)
I was more into Batman and Spiderman animated series though.
Earthworm Jim Cartoon Intro - YouTube

Pinky and the Brain went on for a looong time! haha
Was on air around the same time as... Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Histeria!, and Tiny Toons. Good old 90's WB!
Pinky & The Brain Theme Song - YouTube

I was always a Sega girl... and I preferred the SatAM version over...uhh... Sonic Underground, Sonic X, etc.
...and I must say-- Jaleel White being the voice of Sonic was both hilarious and disturbing in a good way.- but hearing him also do Manic and Sonia's voices in Underground was... uhh... strange.
Sonic the Hedgehog - YouTube

And not really a cartoon but who could forget Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Then animation wise there was Tales from the Crypt Keeper, Freaky Stories and Beetlejuice (which wasn't creepy at all- just silly.)
Tales From The Crypt Cartoon Intro - YouTube
Freaky Stories Intro/Opening (Original) - YouTube

Last edited:

Bo592

I am having trouble understanding what everyone is saying. I find kids of today day all the time still watching these cartoons. you can still find these cartoons on netflixs some you still can`t find like the Batman episodes and superman episodes. I love all of the nick cartoons they lite my world when I was a kid.

WeirdyMcGee

Saturday morning cartoon lineups and after school programming is different.

You can buy these 'old' cartoons on DVD or watch on netflix-- or on a 'TeleRetro' station, but they're not regularly on TV anymore.
It's a whole new batch of toons that are rotting kids brains these days... a different 'quality' if you ask me- and far more censored.

WeirdyMcGee

I don't think the cartoons we watched were any less "rotting," haha.

Oh, no-- I didn't mean that~ haha.
Overall animation/voice quality has changed of cartoons.
Most things are computer generated now rather than hand drawn-- which is something I personally dislike.
hows are more regulated now, too. There are... 'concerned parent associations' that like to make sure there's no reflection of reality in the cartoons their kids watch. Something that used to be much more prevalent in kids cartoons in the 90's.
More than just blood, too-- but drama in the scripting; characters dying off, etc. You know... 'reality aspect'.

Newtype

Most things are computer generated now rather than hand drawn-- which is something I personally dislike.

I rarely watch anime now because of this. I haven't watched a series since Death Note and I only watch movies and OVAs now. I hate computer generated stuff, everything looked better when it was hand drawn. R.I.P. hot anime girls of the 90s.

4817853874_1301b0667c.jpg

4678027718_db190ba787.jpg