Off my chest rants- or how not to live your life

grapevine

not been well last few days this week last week. Feel like im living a nightmare. Had to deal with my body going crazy in violent fits of anxiety and most nights i cant sleep. Then there is the crying everyday. Its just a thing now. But you know I dust myself off and so on. Ive applied to volunteer at a second had store - a large shed one. I had to go this morning to say hello. Rugs pushed me into it because I told him I needed to to be pushed as i feared going back to intense social phobia and agoraphobia real quick. Because I lost my job (they hadnt the money anymore to pay me). So new things are happening, but i just cannot relax and I'm overweight and feel out of control lately with binges like some ocd or something and last time that put me into a real pit for years. I cant believe I am 80 kg and was 55kg for ages. Nothing fits me and all my self esteem seems eroded. I feel unhealthy and unhappy and feel like i am living in my fears. I feel also like nothing is sustainable in motivation for me atm , like I need a huge rest. I keep having these breakdown everyday lately, bursts of crying and anxiety, hyperventilating because I feel like im in the fear i feared and its shocking and painful and i havent an idea of where i am and mental energy anymore.

grapevine

So I havent been on here in a while. Id just felt so drained of even expressing myself lately. And at the moment, I just feel like I need to strip back everything in my life right now and get back to feeling calm and centred and into a sense of control on my health and deplete my stress levels. Im not liking myself at the moment. I stress myself out over it. Rugs is still in my life, but much more understanding than he ever ever was. He's actually grown so much and beckons to anything he thinks may upset me. Hes busy doing all this stuff whilst im just trying to float above groun within my own self right now and not at all into relationships. Yet he is still here and is a real shoulder often for me to be a best friend even though he has his illness, i guess he can say the same for me too. But I cant help want so much more and you know- that all plagues me. I just cant deal with all those feelings of not being in the same place as him emoitionally and just kind of slow everything down. Thats all I can do and its all fine. Just that overtime, within myself I feel like ive turned back into that non-sexual ugly and obese agoraphobic girl I used to be wearing rags and hiding from people. Acting all without much slef love at all and ignoring my feminity. I just feel like, since ive put on all this weight over time from all the intense stress and burnout Id been through, that its completely made me feel stressed about myself and out of control with my own body and its not a nice feeling. Im happy though that Ive been reading up on things to heal myself. I mean I have candida and adreanal fatigue and they both put weight on. I feel like I canttake any form of sugar anymore- my blood sugar is all over the place and my body aches of the slightest exercise and chores, and im always so bloated. Its all a huge challenge. Id been having anxiety attacks even been around rugs a few times because I just feel gross in my own skin. I just cant believe my weight at the moment. And what is weird is that Im the same wieght I was once upon a time, yet I dont look the same - like I dont look 'big; like I did then and that is because its stress and adrenal fatigue weight which goes on the back and the arms and tummy - on my small frame, it hides well- but simple things like wearing just a tshirt for me is challenging because i get stressed out cause everything is so tight now. I jsut cant believe it. I was a xs and now prob a large.
But anyway, I need to tone every amount of stress right down and going to try special breathing exercises, start taking huge green juices every morning and cut out most fructose and any forms of high sugar foods in my diet, get back to eating my natural fats in my diet again - I tried going to fruit as my main source of calories last week in a ditch to try and heal myself but ended up feeling quite unwell. People talk about oil not being good for you, but I eat hempseed cold pressed oil in my salad- only a tspn to a tblspn, or avocado oil- and I avocados, tahini etc.. If I think back, when I felt the very best and in control of my internal health- and was lean and energetic not that long ago, my main source of calories was fat and i think that serves me. Some people can go all fruit on a vegan mainly raw diet, but I guess im the fats version.

I just really want to get well. I want to eat my greens and bounce back. I feel also, lacking in self love. I feel annoyed at my previous boss for being disrespectful to me for so long and having to deal with that every week that i worked there - i felt completely neglected because I was and I would still work my heart out and even when every week they didnt want to know me- just stuck me in a room with nothing to do - because they didnt know what they were doing, and made their business fail because they couldnt be bothered seeing me as someone that was helping - and everyone else. I cant believe they just sent me a letter in the mail telling me they couldnt afford me anymore and let me go and yet move to a huge $$ over sized office they dont need all that space and then also move thier shop to a giant shed (something I got excited about in conversation to them) and with no warning, no discussion, no goodbyes, no thankus in person- they just send me a letter telling me my services were up because of finances etc. They get funding and they spend it all on luxury for themselves in things they dont need and then get funding again for a larger shed for their shop and then rely on trying to find some volounteers to run the whole thing and neglect it all again. They have treated everyone so neglectfully. And then, in the end, I wasnt an acception.

I guess I just have grievences there. But they are setting themselves up to fail anyways. But it was the place before it all changed, was a huge gamechanger for me in terms of really almost curing my social phobia, agora phobia, anxiety, low self esteem, phobia of men, the list goes on. I went from so many years of my whole 20s never working because i was stuck in those phobias so bad. I got pushed out of that and found out that all owrks of life were working and didnt feel threatened. It was a space for me to feel safe and the fact that I felt useful and was getting paid was a huge thing for me. Like a huge thing. I felt a weight had lifted and I always put in 100 or more percent and loved it all. The role and feeling confidence because I actually had a job - something I thought I could never do because of my social phobia. It opened so much for me. Being in a safe place, having structure in my week, being around people, using my creativity, and listening to my needs inside of what I needed to bring myself self love and confidence, i worked so hard on those things and it made everything, my world change into this moment by moment bright daily thing where I had gotten out of the old muddy fat nothing i was before. And into this beutiful life of my own. I was in control and everything just kept getting better. But I guess the moment back then, when I rugs came into it and i gave him my power in my life rather than myself because i didnt know any better and nether did he, thats when things went right down and down and I basically self abused myself but putting myself last and him first and he just went with that. Then finding his schizo illness and freaking out over and over again - getting sick from it all. Like really sick - all that stress so many times I thought I was going to have a brain clot or something as all the pressure - the never ending stress was so bad and then work changed into neglect and different location and was never the same again. The only way to get energy was to push myself when I really couldnt even do that and I ended up just doing that to survive all the time. And now im actually for once able to have that rest and that reflection and calm down and its like a shock to see how bad my health got and all and how bad things like digestion is because of stress. Just so many things. Im not deep in adrenal fatigue so much now - not like I was before where I needed most days a week in bed in recovery from work and even going anywhere.
Now I just feel so anxious still though because im overweight, my health is all over the place and i feel my bdd and low self esteem gone up from it all. Im going to be starting to volounteer where rugs works soon and im nervous of that. Im also nervous about a bit later when Im ready like in jan or feb - going back to a job agency and getting a new job somewhere - since my let go- my income isnt the same and working has so many benefits but im anxious about my health and being able to cope withthe energy levels - and my self esteem and anxiety levels and being overweight and all those things.
Im giving myself leeway to work on it all but its just a bit depressing.
Since ive stopped working - ive not known what day of the week it is and things like that. But in contrast ive had time to do those things at home ive been wanting to do like my garden and cleaning and so on, and having that me time to relax and get back to myself and start a new chapter - first with my health and tso on.
I feel like the the work I had before, they never saw my value and in the end threw me away. And theres an element to that, that after all tha work and all that emotional adjustment from thier unmanagability, all the stress and so on - i just know that they have thier own stuff coming thier own way. They dig holes for themselves anyways.

Last edited:

grapevine

Had an argument with rugs. Well, i thought it was just normal talking with me being assertive and explaining in no way at all threatening or so. It started when I got a bit of a shock when he mentioned he still does ice drugs. And me, all I was doing was in a compassionate and calm way explaining that I was against it in my values and explaining the bad things it does to a person's body - esp reguarly long term. And he took things way over the top and stormed out the car when we parked and drove himself home and swore at me really angrily. There was no warning. And it was just an adult conversation in a different in opinions. Later, after I had a shock from it and an anxiety attack of all things. He rang and I hang up. Then later he ended up talking on the messenger phone. What turned from me explaining myself once again and that I was explaining that he isnt seeing it from my feelings at all and im seeing things compassionate to him. I said if your in a relationship with someone (and we are- even tho i dont really want to be), your world becomes thiers - and if that person is doing hard drugs- and its completely against your values and everything else. I even explained the chemicals and me having a slight chemical sensitivity and my highest value being health and so on. And he takes everything deeply sensitive to him and not one inch from my perspective. He verbally and aggressively attacks me. Insults me full on as tho Ive been doing the same and I hadnt at all. He was rambling like some school yard low self esteem child - talking himself up like (drunk like) and his family and putting me down and my family. It was quite shocking, and its really frustrating. But you know I have a right to call things out and I did - I made him reflect in how he was acting. But being someone with schizophrenia, it was severely disturbing to see him acting so little like that. I mean full verbal attack on me when I was being nice to him. And its one of the first times he has done that. But I always have to be the higher person and it sux. Ive never considered him a bf- but he wants me as a partner because im sure if I werent - he would be quite ill and not cope. And he helps me with my phobias. But having someone belittle me head on, was not nice when all I was doing was calling out drugs on him. Im so tired of having instances in my life of abuse and people thinking less than me. The amount of giving I do for him and disregarding things not putting my own things first (tho im getting better at it). Its very draining. He has no clue. Well - he is starting to and he has had to change. But tonight showed me that he cannot respect me at all just for having a genuine adult concern. And above all hasnt the ability to think beyond his own feelings in things - perhaps maybe after a few days he may. But its just not fair at all on me. Having to put up with things like him not having any money all that all the time and not being able to do things - his smoking and his illness. I have to give and give. He cant take me out. He just hangs around and expects me to do the lead. Eventually what has happened, is I just gave up. I burnt myself out and now im getting better. I just add him to my things. Like i will got to the beach to get some free plants for my garden and hell tag along. That sort of thing. Whats the point of me putting in the effort if he cant. I would do so so mcuh and it was like I was his personal tour guide or something back then. I had so much resentment and learnt the hard way.
But for him to talk like he did to me tonight and knowing his mind is so demented and childlike - gosh its so frustrating but it gets personal when you get verbally abused at your face.

grapevine

Its silly really, but he has all those issues with cognitive problems so entrenched in him that he doesnt know what he is doing most of the time. All he knows is that he has moulded his life onto mine. That was the first time he had ever gotten mad at me before. I just couldnt take it like the whole stress of being in a relationship or a friendship with a person with schizophrenia and thier cognitive issues from doing drugs, it does put me in such a drained and depressed situation. Ive felt like ive lost myself but at the same time I just stay in the situation I am in because its not all bad, its company and when ive said I cant do girlfriend, he respects me. But, he cant let go of that idea. He has to have me as his girlfriend, despite me saying I cant do it and so on. So I just dont have the energy and jsut go with it wihtout having to be the girlfriend much at all. Its depressing to have a very close and probably codependent relationship with a person that cannot be responsibile for himself and cant question his behaviour and does weird things and all that. Its so much stress and I cant say it hasnt made me very ill. But he is a dear friend at the same time but also an idiot and a selfishly blind one because of his illness and drug habit. The thing that makes me depressed is thinking that at my age of now 36, I shouldnt be investing my time with a guy like him that cant see anything wrong with drugs, has no money and is not someone i want a family with. But ive got social phobia, i have no one else and dont have the energy and esteem to go out and get new friends and so on and he helps pull me out of my phobia and make me feel better. I enjoy the company. But there is always a pain to things he does that knocks my sanity and stresses me out. He doesnt know basic things a 10 year old may know often and planning things like food,money etc - he finds hard to do. I mean he does those things but there are always situations everyday where he finds it hard to be responsible. And the lack of ability to concentrate on anything written or even have a conversation - hell ring me up and not be able to start a conversation - so its just me talking and him on the computer. Hell even put me on speaker phone and i had to tell him off because i was talking to him not knowing i was being broadcast with his family present. He is a very lonely guy and puts me on a pedastool in his life as though i am his life and its made me quite depressed. But having conversations after his outburst he realised he had been smouldering me and i couldnt be myself as an independent person. Someone with his condition has to make conscious efforts to try and think of someone else's feelings as it just doesnt come naturally ( i mean his condition). He has ingrained beliefs that most people think like him and about him kind of thing. Even when he tells me these things and says them out loud he can see the ridiculous in them but still feel those beliefs. It's weird. Anyways, he is impulsive - can be impulsive with his thoughts if he feels he is being threatened by some bit of assertiveness. An adult conversation that is in disagreement with something can be him having to defend himself like a schoolboy without me even raising my voice of anything judgemental. Anyways, he has difficulty planning things, difficulty seeing himself and how he behaves to another person from thier point of view. So he doesnt realise that he may think this is a serious relationship - but its not for me, he is a child and wont give up his drugs and thinks his videos of him and his friend -that they can make a recording for $1000 of their heavy metal jams and then fly out from australia to los angeles and get famous. This is his thoughts, im sure his friend just laughs at it and goes with him on it. I had to tell him the other day that he cant just go to my house and film my backyard and then put that on youtube for the world to see without asking me. Hes response was that there were 0 views, my response was that wasnt the point. Everywhere i go with him, he weirdly has to film with his phone- in the car, where we go for walks, conversations in the car (when I dont even realise he is filming) - he will put it all on youtube without any editing - just about everything he puts on there. Even where he volounteers. Hell go up the stairs of a shed warehouse of the opp shop and film the shop from the secret security window without asking and put that on youtube, or film the furniture van backing up to him - its all weird and so frustrating he doesnt ask and just the meaning of doing these things? The world to him makes sense with alot of ego safety behaviour and its just so stressful for me. Im at a stage where I just let it go, because I cannot control. Im just trying to concentrate on myself these days. Im not playing his girlfriend but I am his friend when I need a friend. Ive had a very lonely life in my past so it is a tonic for me. But ive been really amping the assertiveness and boundaries and its quite upsetting the whole situation, but i am just trying to get out of depression and anxiety and try to remember myself as an independent person and really care for myself first before thinking about all the weirdness and pain from his end. Trying to re-find my pwn passions and so on. I will say that he has been like he wants to live my life because he lacks the abilty to live one himself because of his brain issues. Anyways.

grapevine

Wake up this morning. I know i write bad routes in my mind on here and like i hate and so on. But its a stress that I get out. I started crying this morning because for weeks rugs has said he will help me and my mum get my two pet sheep ready to be shawn for the shearer. It means we have to coax them out from where they usually sit and try to trap them and its quite hard. My dad wont be around to help so he agreed. Yesterday afternoon we went out to gully to get some celery weeds for them that they love to be able to do so. This shearer comes at 11-12, so its like 9 and I get a message from rugs saying hes going over his friends place and he wants to see the sheep shawn, but if not he just wants to have a good morning and he wont be far away- what ever that means. What im saying is this is classic him, someone you cannot rely on. He was supposed to be here in the morning from 9;30- 10 so he could help me and my mum - but that has just fled his mind and all he thinks about is him watching the shearing for himself (he hasnt seen it done before) and not actually helping us. So once again, i have to be upset and disappointed - a person i give to even wehn i dont want to and when it comes to him to step up, he doesnt even know he is supposed to - even when its clear. I found that out when he yelled at me for the first time the other week, that it was so hard for him to see anything in my view in compassion - as if he just was clinically unable to or something. The amount of hurt it gives me with things as though to say to myself im not worthy. But really its prob worse when he does step up to the plate. Idk, all i know is he puts his own impulses of pleasure in first priority than planned responsibilities and hasnt the ability to not do that. What I need to stop doing is internalising things, hurting myself because of a person that cant be respectful and stop giving my respect to them. Its really hard to feel like youve ben kicked inthe stomach, you feel hollow because you do all this stuff and put up with this stuff and one lift from that person doesnt equate. Theres no balance and it makes me into this dipping of resentment and an apathetic being. Esp to myself.

Last edited:

Sacrament

You think it's better to have him around because it's better than being alone, but it's not. All he does is poison your life. But you've always known this, and since that won't change until he's out of your life, my guess is it will never change because you don't want him out of your life.

grapevine

Im writing this morning with a massive migraine finally seeing signs of departing. It was 40 C degrees yesterday and a warm night i spent watching the end of Rivendale on Netflix - a modern take on the Archie comics. Its not that great a show but it was something to get into whilst not being able to sleep.

I used to write in here my heart out and I dont do that much often anymore. But I know that I need to. And I need to because I need to grow the parts of myself I neglect and forget. Those parts of me that have turned into a wilted plant, this year I want to nurture and resurface those things.
I feel the last few years everything turned so dark and nasty in my mind and in my life. I was absolutely crippled in so many ways that Im surprised I am still intact and not a total wreck.

So now in 2019, and I started to write in here in 2015! It feels like 2015/2016 was just yesterday as that was such a life-changing time for me that I will never forget and writing on here was such a building exercise for me on my life. I cherish that time so badly that it actually causes me to feel depressed in my life now because I havent those things i had then.

And so in 2019, I havent a job anymore, im overweight and dont feel those confidence and positive self identity I did then (in 15/16), i dont have great health I did then, i dont have a circle of regular people i see every week (collegues) a place i feel safe and happy to build on myself and my confidence. I actually feel a sweep of depression. I feel like i used to feel. When you have a huge history in your life of dead lonliness and such low self esteem that create anchors and memories - and have to really try to fight to not let those things entertain your thoughts. Thinking that your going to end up like you were before etc. Its actually quite frightening.

I have these deep inner nasty beliefs that there are patterns in my life and im riding the downward one again and its all in relation to similar dates in my life such as 1996, 2006, 2016 .. those were best years. In contrast to 1998, 2008, 2018.. I really need to loose this belief as it prevents me acting on positive changes due to not believing in myself.

I like to be dead truthful on here. Its a place I can say im not in a great space right now, but its a place i can conjure up courage and improve on it all.

I keep rugs in my life as ive been more and more assertive and its more a friendship with alot of space now. Nothing is as huge a burden as it once was. I be honest and upfront with him and i did that being in a space where i just didnt care anymore what i said. And, he understands more now. Being it quite a sad friendship, but its a means for me to not be that person all by myself that i once were for over a decade and easily keep myself in. It helps to have someone and for them to understand you. Its a gamechanger at my worst. Esp in this deep fear of social phobia im in at the moment. To have one connection is like having a life or not really at this stage.

I am absolutely terrified of my fears in getting new work and also making a choice to volounteer at charity warehouse opp shop place lol. I thought, this is a place rugs goes to and was my first thought when i was let go from my job (due to funding cuts). I thought, i wouldnt see him because he was doing the truck which was good, and that I could bring that confidence back up like a pickup - being around people and being useful and so on. I thought that was what i needed in order to get back the confidence for a new paying workplace. And rugs was quite helpful in encouraging me as i said i really needed a push. But, what I did was instead of start in early Dec, I left it. I felt unwell and full of anxiety and finding it hard to cope with xmas and everyday things as I was just too nervous and anxious and it was coming out in anxiety attacks constantly that i let it go for the new year instead. And now its the new year and I know i need to push myself. I just dont know if I will feel comfortable and okay there. Its different from my old work place where i had to take my own intiative and was loved being my own boss and hiding out and doing al the work - in this volounteer place its more of everyone has their place and its like everything i had learnt in my old job and the skills of 4 -5 years resembles nothing and to adhere to the old people at this new place instead. Its all old people lol. I guess i have a negative view on it. Its al open too and i feel so uncomfortable in going there. Its such a big deal for something not so much a big deal. And then the highlight of my parents worrying about me and wanting me to go out and work and everything. Its just alot of pressure on myself. I have always totally hated this social phobia - it can become a brickwall so hard if you leave it more and more. I had a history of not taking any risks - never approaching work - i didnt have the help from my parents either - so i live in shame for over a decade in my past. I know what its like to feel like this huge big block of fear that turns into a phobia. That leads to living in fear and shame that you dont even recognise it anymore, its just how you are.

When I was working and enjoying the other side of that, everything started to fall in place - my weight went, my confidence came. I started to realise that I wasnt the only person with these fears. I saw people that would volounteer at my work and not be able to talk and so on. They were worse than me in those respects but at least they went there and they tried it out. I wouldnt do that back in the day. But I know that I just need to not entertain those fears i have and try to see it for all my imagination in a positive way for this year.

Depression can be overcome in stages by giving yourself permission to entertain the idea that you can achieve what ever you put your mind and action to.

So in this journal I want to put my dreams on here for this year. Poke in around what i need in myself. Overcome my fears so i feel so much stable and better and be able to push my parts of my life im not happy with.

So in a 2 or so weeks i will likely be pushing myself to start at this volounteer place- which involves working with second hand stuff and lots of old people. I should be fine. Im just irrationally terrified lol.

Then I need to join this dissability job place that got me my job 4-5 years ago that made all the difference to me. They will get me another paid job and that will be another big scary thing to overcome but with help with rugs and my mum and the people there and myself and on here i hopefully will not back out and take it as it comes and try my best to stick at it.

I know that being my best involves me working on my self care - that is my golden ticket and helps me value myself so i can feel immune to anything going on around me - everything is at a much lesser drama when I take care of my personal needs and confidence.

grapevine

So mums subtly making me fear my weight. Sure ive put on weight, went thru a tough time and burnt out and then after that two years of severe stress, sure the depression sunk in along with the burnout and that is what happens because of the insulin raised and the emotional needs of comfort. I went from 55kg to 79kg now. In a short time. I just really dont like my mother digging in little ways like hiding my vegan protein bars in the cupboard because she thinks ill eat them all, besides i bought them myself is beside her point. Or asking me if Id like to go to the gym whilst she does her swimming. She doesnt realise this does horrors to my bdd and self esteem. Its not like my wieght is very noticable. If you knew me before, sure you would notice it- but i still look healthy and normal weight really. And wearing a cardigan in summer makes a lean trick. But the thing is my bdd surfaces when i wonder what I actually look like and not trust the mirror when my mum suggests these things and I can go in a fearsome spiral of wondering in the back of my mind. But I think it is just her worry and her fear that i am going to be that over 80kg and 90kg once again. And sure its a huge shock to me, its like winning the lottery and then loosing it and having to win it again is what it feels. Your whole body image changes, your identity changes and you have to make it a thing to change it back which is alot of energy. The feeling though of not having to go through these safety habits that you do when your a bit overweight. I am shocked to think how much I put on weight, but i have to be kind and honest to myself and realise where it came from and how marvelous my body is in helping itself through the tough times. Its just sucks a bit to not be able to fit in your normal clothes and have had to buy new clothes that are a larger. When I felt i was done with all that as I had no addictions left with food and felt completely free and happy and could eat what i wanted in my own lifestyle and not even think about putting on weight. Until I started with rugs and had to go home to eat back int he day on a limited time and it just carried my good habits away. I ended up eating the processed stuff and always trying to go back to my own stuff but didnt have the energy nor the time half the time. And it all went into this depressive anxious craziness of his craziness and my breakdowns of it all of sucj high stress that I faulted and ended up after some time binging on things i didnt even like in order to punish myself of all the frustration because i couldnt send it back to him. But now its all out in the open and i can finally breath and im not his side kick and im my independent self but with him for company when ever i choose like for a film or a walk. But im not emotionally attatched because he never really is as he is for him first and so i just dont give myself at all anymore, i draw the sand there. And now he is keenly aware of my downpours on him and the selfish crazy person i say he was and still is, in a kind way of course for myself and to him. I now say what I want and when it has slowly led me to not beat myself up and keep in all this toxic emotional pain that i had been doing. It was so unfair and the codependence and fear of loneliness and other fears that led me to be like that, im half way to acknowledge it all. Now im just having to dust myself off and forge my way back to feeling good about myself and its quite hard when everyone around you sees a different you to who you want to be to who you once were. My mum sees fears of the old me and its quite alot of energy to detatch myself from that as well as schizophrenic rugs. Thats the thing even when all that 'stuff' with rugs is done and dusted and he is tip toeing around me on my terms, there are still his immature views of the world from what someone with his illness can gather and its such a lonely world for me to detatch myself from that, and such a cringe worthy thing too as i worry his views will end up making me crazy too with the same beliefs despite my sanity.

grapevine

Haven't been on here in a while. I've been in a life without a mojo for some time. I've been volunteering twice a week at a big secondhand store and thats been going fine. Been there for about 3-4 weeks now and its enjoyable. Altho I could go and find work at the moment, i need no pressure and so on and just thought this was a good stepping stone to getting back and easing into it all. That a volounteering laid back place was my ticket to concentrate on getting back into shape and concentrate on myself rather than anything else. Concentrate on getting my mojo back, my self esteem and identity and self care etc. Because before this month I was binge eating so bad and it got so bad that i hit bottom about it and changed my ways and am happy that its been almost a month soon eating only wholefoods and no processed stuff. It certainly makes a difference in my mentality and how i feel overall. Im a bit more sensitve to processed foods as the way ive eaten over the years and so can easily get into an addicted and physically ill state thats its really a big cycle. So im happy ive stopped that and that im voounteering a few days a week and making my mark. But i havent exactly been concentrating on making my goals priority yet and really been just needing to sleep and have shallow days with rugs and not touch mentally and physically what i need to- draining myself and not actually trying to make a pathway in mind that says - yes thats what i will do and stick to. Its more of, i just need to not think about anything instead lol. And thats okay, after all mindfulness and meditation works for a reason in which ever way you attempt it - even when your body screams for it.

Im just so tired of feeling drained and not living up to my basic expectations and i have to realise, hey I had adrenal fatigue- i burnt myself out the last two years and was in contact with someone with a phyiscally toxic lifestyle and all the stress that came with all that- and the toxic workplace i was in too. I had to work through it all- it burnt me out that i couldnt rely on good old adrenalin much anymore and would feel like a cripple needing a wheelchair and my body falling apart literally. And im so grateful that i just had to be ultra-assertive and just had to put myself to work in my bed - ie rest and more rest and just give up on things for a while. Tho in doing so i put on so much weight and partly due to not moving much, and to adrenalin/cortisol issues and alot to do with the binge eating i did. I went from losing weight in 2015 from 80 so kg to 55-52 kg and feeling great with boundless energy and strength and out of my shell. to now going back from cause and effect of rugs and the swirl around from end of 2017 to now and im over 80 kg and just cant believe it as i was deep into my love of eating what i wanted in fruits and veg and guilty pleasures not so bad back then - nothing was wrong and everything was right. I had freed myself from the woes of modern living and the health issues that come with that and was all in - until rugs and all these shortcuts to not sit and eat my tea and make it and be in a hurry and all that and then later all the emotional robbery it felt at the time having to deal with someone with extreme illness like that. It truely broke my health and i feel so grumpy towards that. Its not fair but ultimately i am responsible. I just kick myself. Now tho, ive had a decent rest for the last 4 months esp since i finished work. Its helped. And pushing my boundaries too. But I still have a dominace of rugs over me. Hes in a rough spot so i just let things be. Talking to my therapist she says to me that he is my familiar and i guess that is true. And its just something i go through. Sometimes we live small and it brings out pockets of anger and resentment but its really that we are too scared to change our situation because the loss is too greater than putting up with stuff. When really its actually an adventure and freedom and living in truth that is much better. But when it involves another person that needs you it really can suck. You know you arent doing them justice and its a huge stress and at the same time your filling thier gap too. Its a hard space to be and ive come to just let go now. I act how i want with rugs. I tell him what i want and i dont care so much about hurting his feelings as i need to be me. And having that pressure off of letting go does help because i dont need to control it. What i am doing is being so much assertive that its become second nature - something i thought id never do lol. And as im doing this, im showing who i am and gaining some respect. And as time goes by over time, the truth may come out. But only when there is a common ground. I really am just trying my hardest to distance myself but it is quite hard. But im not sevrely stressed by it like i was all the last few years. That completely left me a wreck i couldnt even breath properly. My therapist and i agreed that the more i build on myself and start to go out and find other people and friends by joining things (i know this is something a person with SP doesnt do and fears greatly..) that there will be more a balance and ill be able to take on the identity of who i feel i am inside and value myself more in the public eye- it will encourage me more to get out. What im saying is when my really only social contact is rugs at this point and its quite excessive and dominated by him knowing too much about me and his mentality of things - with his values and lifestyle completely different from mine - it makes me scream and need so much space because i cant stand going agaist what i beleive in and having an idendity that isnt what i feel i am inside just because of this. But im working on it : )

grapevine

So this is where im at in 2019. I need to vent but i feel so judging of myself and ashamed as i know in the past the relationship issues i vented on here were so obvious of what i needed to do and yet it just didn't happen. Well for a short term anyway.

Im thick in the female pms at the moment and in this time each month everything seems to feel so out of hand. I feel so trapped and stuck in this draining and time wasting part of my life, right at this point.

So the thing is that rugs is still with me. After all that ive been thru I feel utterly sorry for him. I realise and see through him more than the first year i got to know him. Back then he had some backbone a bit, he had a sense of self more and energy and a bit more of a life. But now, he's more a shell of himself. And of course, we all know what that feels like. I feel the same too.

So his schizophrenia symptoms are basically the positive ones. No drive or motivation to do even the smallest of things. He needs prompting for basic things often. But makes efforts to consciously remember if ive spoken up about it in a major way. I mean he does have things he does. But basic standards of hygiene and keeping a place tidy, able to remember things and keep up with stuff - are things he just cant do really. And he doesnt realise it. His sister does his pension forms for him and yet she has schizophrenia too. But he is a bit worse in that he just is unable to deal with that sort of stuff.

So the thing is im still his girlfriend, even though any feelings i ever had that were romantic went flying out the door back in 2016 and 17 and now. Every avenue for me to try and find something to excite or get me happy with him has failed. Its been all my work and me lifting the finger that i just gave up and cant be bothered. Im sure this is part of his depression - unconsciously. But he cant give to me at all. And so many things are repelling and so so draining. For me, this time of the month I am so angry in outburst towards it all. Its all mainly repressed as to not hurt his feelings. Because i can see he is depressed and very lonely and his self esteem not to good and really desperate for company. If i end it - i mean being his girlfriend- it will hurt him and it will also be weird. Because this is an unhealthy codependency. Its on both ends.

Being a person with social phobia i struggle to be social and find people. I just avoid it all really. Esp when im not my best. My therapist called rugs my familair. And that pretty much sums it up. Imagine being alone for most of your life. With social phobia and thinking youd never get a boyfriend and friends and so on because you couldnt even go out because of your low self worth. Imagine that forgood parts of 15 years. Then a guy comes along and is social with you everyday, for 3 years. And i mean every single day. Be it 3 phone calls and texts each day and a visit too. Even when you are down and not getting out of bed. A person who knows just about everything about you now and will listen to you. Thats what rugs is for me. But at the same time he is also someone i dont consider being boyfriend worthy for me. I feel like i deserve so much better. Because he is someone who doesnt intiate anything in his life let alone other people. If you want a present for your bday or him to recognise it, you have to remind him and tell him what you would like - in his less than $5 budget of course. He has no money. He gets a low pension and spends it all on bills and money owed for cigarettes within 2 days. The rest of the time he goes without or borrowing from family. So to go anywhere with him means no money. Or he has to plan for it, be it a basic thing like him taking me for a drive to a nearby town or something.

What im saying is that i have to be the one extending a hand and expecting nothing but his loyalty in return. There isnt much else. He cant initiate things so hell come over and its up to me to find things to do because he cant do that. And he expand his world either. And going over his place means i have to clean it because his room gets so dirty. The dog wees there and i have to clean it up properly because he cant do that - and for me to be over there and tolerate it - i have to be in control of it. His place stinks so bad of stuffy tobacco and dog wees and dog smell. It never goes. And he is so unhygengic in so many ways. Wearing the same clothes over and over and every time he goes to bed leaving his clothes on his dirty floor. And wears sweaty clothes from the days before. His car stinks so bad of tobacco. He would smoke in there unbeknown to me and i used to get sick so bad each time i was in that car - and i didnt know till later he was smoking in it. So for him to take his car and actually take me out for once - means ive got to clean his car because he wouldnt be able to do it in a way that would be propely done so i wouldnt get that sick sitting in it. And even tho he says he doesnt smoke in it anymore- even going near the window is a heated warm smell of very strong stuffy tobacco and hairspray and men's deodorant. It never goes away. Hes one of those people that has so much tobacco leaves spread everywhere. At the same time he reapplys hairspray so many times a day even before he goes to bed because he likes to do his hair that everything he touches has laquer and tobacco in thick residue all over the place - handles and driving wheels and mouses etc. Because of his condition, very basic things like looking after himself in just about most ways are like too much for him. He has limited concentration levels. Is hard to sit through movies and shows most of the time and has 4 or more cigarette breaks in between. He hasnt goals and the ability to even think of the future much. Well until I told him to.

Im always giving to him and not getting much if anything in return, other than someone who listens and loves me and will always hang out with me. I got angry on valentines day as I was trying to make a point the months leading up to it to him. I thought it would be a good thing to show him how little he gives to me and reflect that on a relationship and how unfair. Its a bit immature. I know better. But it took me getting viscious and telling him that he was having a good valentines at his mates place. So he cancelled to see me. And then i let it rip and told him online what i thought. When he saw me that day he pocketed out a vegan chocolate bar and some tiny health food packets. But the point is, this is not someone a girl can rely on. Its someone you have to care for and be the all practical doing everything and expect nothing really in return. Its very draining. Esp when you go instagram or facebook or youtube and see all the pictures of himself he loads on them. Same selfies 30 at a time in the same position everyday going back months and even years. With wierd paranoia text of wanting to troll people. And him telling me how he is famous sometimes and he looks everyone up online and thinks they change thier pictures because of his. He thinks that is most likely than not. You think he has stopped all that and hes all quiet. He never really is able to talk - esp on the phone. Its just silence, so i have to fill in that and just talk to him because i know he cant really talk as its part of the illness. But then later and you see that he has indulged online and bringing out his old pictures again - self indulging in himself - to the max. So many pictures of himself. Thinking in his mind that people want these photos of him. Something like that.

He cant even eat properly. What kind of person goes and deep fries potatoes - making their own chips 5 days a week? For breakfast even. Thats basically what he bothers to cook and then doesnt eat much except processed foods like crisps and lollies. His diet is so bad. He is 34 years old. He smokes and drinks iced coffee many times a day. He looks haggard all the time with very little energy. The anti psychotic is partly to blame but his lifestyle choices are evil to his health. His dad died of a heart attack a year ago. If he is frying chips just about every day and smoking and drinking milk in large amounts - thats all plaque and narrowing of the arteries. He cant take hot or warm days. Sweats like someone with a fever and like he is going to collapse. He volounteers at a warehouse with people in thier 60s and they are fitter than him. And it tells me being around him and the toxic air around him has damaged my health and still does. My lungs always hurt. I cant stand saying something to him about how frying potatoes for most meals of the week is not good for him and suggesting other things. But it just get ignored. Thats what its like with him. I feel like im just company but its just shallow hearing with no talking to me. Anything ive done or said to him to help him has never really helped because he is unable to act on things. Even xmas presents with chocolates and all sorts of things he would like- he shoves it in a room and forgets about it until 4 months later. Talking about xmas. Last one it wasnt until 2 days before the day that he realised he had to get presents and because i had lots for him that id been doing for awhile. He felt embarressed. I deliberatly didnt remind him because it would mean something if he were able to do that himself. And you would think that theres enough xmas advertising to remind a person. So i had to take initiative and tell him to buy me a certain book at kmart for my xmas present. It sucked. No wrapping, no thought - just me holding his hands to do something for me.

Last edited:

grapevine

All of this has been so hard to deal with. When someone is like a bum, you naturally want to help and fix them up. Its exciting to do.But what if they couldnt maintain that and just couldnt really do much for you in return. That for you had to put your stuff aside just to maintain things for them. It really sucks.

He is a nice guy tho. But an ill guy. His illness makes him unable to be responsible for himself. Meaning that the basics - he struggles with. And relys on people in his life to make him happy. Relys too much. This is a person so lonely and desperate that hell want to go grocery shopping with you- just to get out the house. At the same time has this mentality that he thinks he is a pyschopath and important and scary.

Ill always be his friend but its just very draining and very frustrating and agrivating to me that hes basically like a rag doll. Hell turn up and thats it. You gotta do the rest. Its like being a baby sitter. And he cant even see that i have to shrink for him, that he has nothing to offer me etc. Even bdays are something i have to remind him of. He owes me money too. That $100 for a concert a year ago he told me he would pay me back over time and never did. And more times for little things.
Anyways. All this and i still need a familiar.

grapevine

So im feeling like i have no control over things and I get really upset when that happens. Im talking about my own things. So my little car since last year decided to not wind its electric windows anymore. And the quote was $500 for the 2 side windows, which was $1000 on top of my normal service, which i decided wasn't feasible for me and rather me slowly saving for a better car and just putting up with it was the option i chose. Esp since i did have some control as there is a trick i learnt only where you slam the door and press the button and it will go up and down. So there was some control. So I had that. And when it gets to 45 degrees Celsius here in the summer- having your window open is something that means your not baking in a sauna in your car of almost 60 C.
A year ago my dad decided to try and fix my window by lifting the interior of the car passenger door and working out how to fix it and not knowing a thing he was doing. Then he just left it like that and went on his never-ending lawn bowls days and nights. So after a good month or so i decided to try and put my car door interior back on and it was quite hard, but dad wasnt there despite him making the mess and pulling it apart. I put it back but forgot a certain screw that i couldnt jam in. So that window has been left that it just falls open when i drive with a jar of the screw i didnt put in. But at least i had control of the other window. But now today, my dad without asking decided to go and try to fix the good window side. And now i cant use my trick anymore. And it made me so frustrated and resentful and angry and upset. He didnt ask me and now im stuck with what ever he did that has stopped my control of my car window. And this comes as his car (which is idential model to mine as he decided to copy the same car i had years ago), has stopped working and rather than get a tow truck to come and take it to the repair shop, he thinks he can workout whats wrong and pull things out and replace them by taking things out my car motor and trying them on his. And he still hasnt fixed his despite ordering parts.

And rather than work on it still, he decides to work on his ukelele making hobby as his priority and leave his car alone. Which means like the other day, i had to make 6 trips back and forth to compensate for him as well as mum and wasnt compensated myself for the petrol as i had to go fill up after. As mum cant drive and dad decides to put himself first and his bowls and pokies and so on. And leave mum left at home which is 7 km from the township and she is deaf and cant drive. And she gets upset because she never can go out anywhere because dad doesnt take her anywhere and I have to be the one to take her out all the time, not just to the shops and so on but also have to try and encourage her to social things saying i dont mind. But what happens is i end up with alot on my plate and etching to be more independent and in the past it was a co dependency.
Today I was trying to clean the chicken house and needed my wheel barrow which mum got me for my bday years ago. But dad had been using it to make his lawn bowls foundation in the backyard and left it in the rain and over used it that I cant even use it anymore now. The handle is broken so basic things i need to use it for and i cant even use it. Its just so frustrating. But esp with the car window thing. I feel so powerless and like everybody just disrespects and takes from me, like i have no boundaries regarding respect for my things. And dad has a running track record of being disrespectful to me by thinking he knows what hes doing when he has no clue.

I just went in my car before and drove to the shops and then realised in the parking lot that i left my handbag at home that is always usually in my car but because dad borrowed the car this morning it means that i had to take it out. Arrghh im just so frustrated and feel powerless and upset. Frustrated. I feel depressed and like giving up for a while, just going in bed and not going anywhere- that car window was the tipping point. I dont want to go in my car now, knowing that i cant do my trick sends me feeling like so resentful.

grapevine

Thanx fountain. Its just pretty much frustrating. So he ordered parts for his car and done this over a few weeks with things not fitting and the car (his car ) still not working. Ive been doing miss taxi again for my parents. I always do it for mum because she cant drive and dad always puts his things first and we live out from town and mum pretty much gets abandoned and left at home unable to go out if i didnt take her and pick her up anywhere. Now its dad ive got to take around now too. To bowls and back and juggling my work with that. And on the weekend i have to reluctantly give my car (thats not in great shape atm) over to them to take out into the big city for the day to the family picnic to see my uncle who has been living interstate for a while. Its a long trip and it sux. Im not going because i have to look after the animals and dont feel up to going. But it sux they have to use my car. And my car window problem that dad made worse. Im getting a window motor tomorrow, whether dad is available to try and help put it in. Because otherwise they are going into the big city and will be unable to wind my window up. And that means its able to be robbed or what ever.
And I hate not having control and independence over these things. I hate that dad cant just do something properly and say okay maybe i just need to spend the money on getting this car to the mechanics using a car towing service and paying to have a look and get a quote. Something like that. What I hate is that my parents problems equate to my problems and ive got enough of my own right now. And i hate having to not have boundaries. Having to have to let their lives dominate mine.

And then theres Rugs stil in my life and that end is making me emotional eat - i even chose to do so a few months ago. Ive been so lost and so drained. I get bouts of anger and resentment and frustration. Rugs is so dominating and altho he is extremely loyal to me now like a person that would do anything for you. I am just not liking it but still not in a position to arise from my death so to speak. idk even know what that means lol. I guess it means being freely authentic. But im getting there.

There is something so so draining about a person that dominates your life and puts you in their narrative. When their core beliefs are delusional and small-minded almost teenager thinking about themselves. Just the sheer disrespect you have for someone when they dont know basic things that a person in their mid 30s would know. Im talking children's knowledge here. And you know why they dont know (im talking him and his sister here) because they have lived a life of asking no questions on things - being unable to mentally challenge themselves due to mentally (from genetics and from their spoilt upbringing).
Today for instance. Rugs went out to take his sister for a walk. They got in the car and the tyre went flat. Rugs being in his mid 30s and driving since his youth had never had to change a tyre and didnt have a clue what to do. So him and his sister decide to ring up the tyre place to come and help them (?!) and they tell rugs its $22 for every 15 mins they help. Which they decided they couldnt afford. Rugs didnt know that you have to jump on the screw thing to undo the tyre. In what a simple google search would have told him to do. I even told him ages ago in conversation about that as i learnt and replaced my tyre once all on my own.
What im trying to say here is he doesnt realise how I cant rely on him for just about anything. Most men in thier mid 30s would know at least in Australia, how to change a tyre. And would know what the end of day light savings mean and what climate change is and many many things.
At least even know what a cabbage is.

Anyways I tell my mum a few discrepancies with rugs as i need to get it off my chest and she immediately goes into like she always does with everything 'worst possible situation' which is why i cant talk to her about things - also the fact that she is half deaf and doesnt understand much but simple words and sentences. She tells me she doesnt like rugs just coming into the house all the time without knocking and I say he wouldnt hurt me or you and then she goes into this emotional response and says he will turn one day - those people do and hell get you. Something like that. I have an anxiety disorder and in my early 20s had heaps of cbt that helped my thinking. So I see her reponse hers. But for gods sake it ruins me. Stresses the hell out of me and makes me even more reclined to curl up in bed and not get out for a long time because everything is too difficult.

Ive been emo eating like i used to when i was obese. I cant care for myself emotionally and physically because i feel like hurting myself with food to escape. All I want to do is escape. Im so unhappy. And so disgruntled. I put it right the other night when i wrote to rugs and said of was sick of living other people's narrative. That pretty much sums it up.

Even my bdd has flared. Rugs saw an old photo of me from 2016 and told me I looked gaunt and sickly then. That he likes me now instead. Of course back then I felt on top of the world and had so much energy and was trying to put on muscle. I was fit and detoxed and working up my calories. I have a face that when i loose wieght the fat strips from it. Its what my bdd was about then painfully. I was even going to subject myself to cheek fillers. Im glad i didnt.

His comment reflects the time i was emotionally and physically abused. I was very thin but felt amazing, but rejected because of it. I thought back then how come posh spice wasnt rejected and cat walk models but i was. But anyways.

Now im just really fat. I feel like if i decide to care for myself and feel good about myself again i get confused what feels healthy and what looks healthy. But also that if i do care for myself and start to live how i want to live, it means that i am in one way - accepting rugs in my life because im not escaping thru food or other means. And also at the same time, it means that my values in doing these things clash with his lifestyle and i become more unable to tolerate his smoking odors and so on.
I dont know how to find the want to look after myself at the moment because with my parents i have to give my time car and energy to driving them places and then rugs is in my face with his dominating uneducated and deluded perception of the world and so on. He becomes ultra caring to the point of giving me advice sometimes which is related to his weird views on things and it makes me shudder because i dont want to catch his small mindedness and habits and all that.

Its very hard for me to have my own space, to not be locked into an identity related to rugs. In the past before him i would spend so long on my own and have reflection and relaxation time where for months i could have solace to conjur up a new identity for myself and get into self care. But i cant really do that because i dont get that freedom. I am so drained that I just want to lay in bed for a good month. Im so tired of living a false for rugs and even my parents a bit. I just want to rest and be left alone to de stress and to come back with blowing them all out the water on who they think i am and get back to who i really am. Who i used to be. And when i was happiest was when i was independent and was working on my health like it was a addictive passionate hobby.
I was very healthy, depite being a little underweight at one point. My identity screams the opposite to rugs. And it sux at work being his gf - and people thinking your like him or something. Actually it sux even more when people love him and dont see his holes and wierd stuff and all that and they love his sister too. I just dont get how people cant see like actually see the weirdness there.

Rugs is okay. He is very loyal and caring to me. But he just doesnt bring much else to the table. Ive got to do everything. And i give up i dont do much at all anymore. And thats where its at. I just tolerate and have a laugh and have him like a close friend. But its not the real me. I think it will be okay if i can just conjure up space for myself away from his narrative of me and him and build up my life away from him but with him in my life , but to show him i have an independence side and im growing unlike him. I want him to painstakingly see how small his life and views and everything else is and how much i have to shrink for him. And i want him to see that i sacrifice if i let him as a partner. I want him to be able to see that he is not up to the scratch so to speak and encourage him to act in his own life and to stop using my life as his crutch.

Last edited:

grapevine

Went thru a pretty bad lady time. A night ago I was vomiting 4 times and in and out the toliet. And I know this is because of all the binge eating of processed foods over the last few months. It got to a new high. And its wasnt even unconsciously in most parts. I just need to escape so desperately. Stuck in this place full of resentment and wanting space from an identity that has come on me from others and is so not me. It takes energy to overcome those around you to be who you truely are. Even if they think they know you, you really only know you. I shrink into roles lately and it really is frustrating. I keep pushing me aside. My life is a mess.
It makes it crippling sometimes to just push myself to live with others. Its sounds so depressing.
Once apon a time I had all the time in the world. And I had a severe identity crisis. For spending more than a decade in my own unsocial world, once i actually started working and being somewhat around others daily, I found out who I was around them and that made me perceptive to being able to work hard to change my identity to who I felt I was inside. And overcoming obstacles to do so, I did it. But I didnt have people in my life as such apart from my folks really to interfere with that. Fast forward to now and I have rugs who thinks things are all fine but has all those issues that come with his illness that most of the time has no complete understanding of reflection of. He doesnt realise his limitations so much and his sway to apathy vs proactive on even the smallest of responsibilities. His world is tiny. And he likes it that way. Though, he is more social than me. He basically paints a picture of me to everyone. He paints a picture of me in his own mind too. Its all nice stuff and lot of it true. But also there are reflections from his own life that he thinks he can put me in this picture like a person in white with no stains kinda thing. Just because of his bad history with a particular woman that didnt like him and treated him badly and he went into psychosis and landed in the mental hospital for some time. But now his whole world is because of me. Im put on this thing where most of his life is good because of me. That if hes not into guitar, hes painting a picture with me. Every afternoon he is over my place. Everyday and night is phonecalls and texts. I hold great resentment because i need my time to reflect and recover and even when I do I just cant switch away from the anxiety of being so used to shutting away my own indendence thinking hes going to interfere and having time limits to doing my own things. I cant stand that he contacts me and is in my face and wanting to know what im up to everyday and night and yet I give him messages and he ignores them to then ring me up or turn up when im in the middle of things. That he ignores 99 percent of anything i send him or write to him about. But yet i have to give him attention when he wants it. Its so draining. Among the other things.
But I feel like my identity has been stolen and hijacked. Like I dont get one peice of me to be independent and hidden (except most of my resentment). I feel so drained knowing that im viewed as a person with him with his mental issues and inabilities. Because im better than that. Yet I go about with that. Its like my needs vs my independence. My needs to be around a close person that knows me quite a bit and can have a laugh with and make me feel bandaid happy. And then there is the reality of how i feel inside, trapped and trying to find the real me in all of this and pick at bits in my life so I can eventually break from the facade.

grapevine

I feel so alone. My cognitive ability has gone down from staying up last night to make a dolls house for my niece, which has been fun. But I recently saw my therapist and her reflections on my recent issues showed that I was getting more and more realising that rugs is just too much, too much red flags and that im saying no in my mind more than i ever have in this situation.

Ive stayed in it because its been hard to even hide away from it and have breathers as he has just been there all the time, in my face and over the years ive had to adjust to that.
It had been a huge difference for me, one that showed the end of a 15-year loneliness really. As someone with SAD, it takes a lot of persistence from a person to make you move into being social with them. And rugs being the lonely sad self with desperate measures to shut up his own life and take on other peoples, he gave me a feeling of being social and having a 'familiar' so to speak. Someone to tell your days events to and someone to be there for you, to be in your life. I never had that. And then I did.

And then theres the crazy stuff that really feels like it hurts you to the core. Its so upsetting to actually be in converstation with your only friend and a close friend and someone who is supposed to be your boyfriend even tho you dont want that because he is crazy. To have that person who is supposed to be there for you just go off the rails by talking nonsensically, it makes you feel so alone and so sad. It makes you die with feelings of so much stress inside like you are breaking your own brain trying to cope with it.

To see the compassion and see this person for what he is and been seeing it for some long time. Rugs, a person so mentally ill and trying so hard to make sense of his own fragile world in forms that are quite crazy - in beliefs and delusions and things that dont add up. Believing in delusions of grandeur and egotistic ways to try to cope. Believing in paranoia and self-importance and evil worlds. It all is just crazy and immature and doesnt add up in relation to where I stand.

My therapist asked me if i was still in my subconscious thinking that I could change him? And my reply to that was that I thought that it wasnt a matter of if I could, it was a matter of 'wanting' to make him see things from my end and how so hard its been on me. Ive wanted him to see his behaviour and his mentality as limited and delusional and how its left me giving more than i could and getting less than i should. I have wanted him to see the imbalance there.

And the thing is, talking to him and trying to reason his mentality of his delusional granduiers of himself and his shortcomings of perceived things that happen in his life particularly on the internet where he thinks people admire him and so on. When his internet pages are so strange and cringe-worthy and like a child's intellect. You see where he really comes from in his mind.

He can be a person that likes to hear your voice and rings you up every morning and every night and even in the middle of the day to talk. Although he himself cant really talk at all because of his illness, but he will just be listening most of the time, so you are there just talking about your own stuff. Which can be like a cloud, a one sided relationship. And then, every so often the person that rarely talks about himself much at all , thats stuck in his own mind, comes out with the crazy mindset of delsuions and so on, tha you just feel wrecked. You feel alone. You cant rely on this person and all that give amounts to nothing but illness back to you.

It really hurts. And it hurts more so now because i see it more clearly and keep seeing it more clearly. It hasnt really been an issue of when i leave him because i left him emotionally years ago. Ive just tolerated him being in my life as his routienes makes me okay and the social stuff however slim and dysfunctional and immature have been better than being totally alone like before.

But its just that deep hurt and toll on myself being in this relationship mentally and stressfully that hurts so much. Theres noone looking out for me really in this relationship- to come to realise over and over that this guy wants you to give in and rely on him and then he is not of sound mind and so many cants of basic living he cannot do and the worst is that he is unable to recognise any of that and worse that he cant see how much it makes me feel so alone but not fully alone - alone with a crazy instead. And I wonder, what does this do to my mentality to be socially phobic for a very long time and then have one very close person in my life that is completely insane. What does that do to me?

I have cried over this tonight after he came over and talked all over the place. I gave him an easter egg. It shows i give and he takes and he is all about him because of his illness. Having have to hear him go on and make dominant conversation of his crazy mind state, makes, I just feel alone.

It feels more of a shift a bit more now as before i was numb and couldnt cry and hadnt the emotions. I just pushed them aside with eating and other things. Now i just want him to realise how his illness affects me and look at me in this relationship, how unfair it is. I just want some reflection in my view but it unable to occur.

Last edited:

grapevine

Havent been on here in a while. I feel so old. Even tho people see me young, Im packing on alot of health issues at the moment all from acute stress of the past few years. Sciatica is one and its painful, then theres depression, adrenal fatigue and the ongoing stress that i find so hard to alleviate.
I used to be so healthy and now im just so tired all the time like a chonic fatigued old woman. Doing anything requires physical hard work that gets hard to sustain - it feels hard because i dont seem to have the strength and energy to do things for very long and really sux. I keep trying, i am medicating myself with iron and with adreanal fatigue medication, which help a bit but i jsut cant do things without getting completely exausted and having to rest again. the burning in my arms etc and just needing to lay down and sleep. It truely gets me depressed. And i know it all started with rugs and i know its still all here. I hate it so much. Being on the cusp and feeling like your life is just what others want of you and its nothing of who you are. I think the stress and depression and anxiety cause my body to seize up. Im at the point where there feels nothing left of me - meaning the person i used to thrive myself in. I just get so irritated with rugs and he has no moral compass and delusions of granduer and can only impulsively think rather than think in general - like plan things or think of others 9 he can only do those things with being told to or about it or if he comes to over time recognise things). I feel like i am shrinking myself to him - that im going crazy - that i need my space and need to be lifted up to the person i feel i am inside - my values etc - and that im loosing respect for myself - loosing myself because i have to keep giving and being this empty person to rugs. At the same time he gives me an outlet - my one only friend at the moment since ive gone way down hill. I dont even go on facebook anymore - i dont talk to my family on there - i have let myself go socially. I cant stand resentments with rugs as when he is half minded all the time and from things in the past - they all just get me feeling beat up inside and really angry and like ive been walked on. IEven tho he loves me and bows down like im his queen or something - he still has a major illness and major problems that he cant even recognise. One of them being a drug problem with meth - that i found out was something he was still doing and that in itself (even if what he says is once a fortnight with his mates playing guitar) is completely against my values. I despise that as everything about who i am is anti chemicals and pure vegan diet etc. He doesnt get that. But the thing that got me the other month was that i always felt sorry for him because every week, he never had any money. He gets the doll/ social security and its a very dismal $500 for 2 weeks. After his rent he pays his mum and his cigarettes - his money was gone in a few days and even tho i knew when i broke up with him a year or so ago, and he told me that hed pay $100 - $200 in 1 night on ice drug - i was shocked and grossed out and did not respect nor wanted to know him but still kept it in and let it go. But i didnt realise that there wasnt a time when he stopped doing that. I thought that was a one off thing back then. I know now that he spends that much each fortnight and if he can borrow from his friends drugs the next week and pay him back the next fortnight.. So he never has any money at all. So he is supposed to be my partner and he knows my values and morals and what makes and breaks me but at the same time doesnt think he has to change for me tho he then changes and says he would or what ever. Besides the point, he should know out of respect that going out with him and him asking here and there to borrow a few dollars for snacks or other things - here i was feeing sorry for him thinking he was poor because of the measly doll but it was actually about drugs all that time. Where is his moral compass'? I had an argument with him about this in the middle of the night last week. In 2017 he went to a concert with me - xavier rudd who i am a huge fan of - i didnt care going on my own but i asked him out of politeness and he wanted to go. It was $100 and he said he would pay me $20 each week after. So i agreed. Then, after he never paid me. Fast forward to 2019 and he still never paid me. The amount of resentment. I felt sorry because of the dole- thinking he couldnt afford to pay me and id wait till he got a disabillity pension (because he is ill) and then he can pay me back. Anyways - i told him in the night that id had resentment because of him borrowing money from me and never paying me back. That it was a bruise , a sore spot from him and i was sick of it. I told him i would hold it in and find it hard to talk about money with people. He got angry at me and starting saying abuse at me about how could he know ive been holding resentment and that when he pays $100 or more each week for drugs for himself that he wasnt thinking about me at all and that he should spend that money on paying me back. He said this in a sarcasitic way that was an eyesore of looking into him more than me. I told him he should just now and that its human nature for a person to hold resentment like that and if it were me i would be thinking about it all the time and wanting to pay it back. That he pays everyone back except me and im supposed to be his partner? Then later of course - because of how his damaged brain works, he was wrong and hell pay me back.
But the thing is its rolling to his pay day in a few days and i wonder what he is going to do. He owes me money from getting snacks for the cinema the other day. Im just sick of him having no moral compass, of not being able to think of anyone but himself and to have no respect for my values. He just makes me so angry and hurt and he doesnt realise how i feel about him - its not respectful. He doesnt realise that his actions are a test of his character and i jusdge him on that. He doesnt realise that he can talk about how he is here for me and that he is my future and will always be there but not realise that in doing so i have no future - esp as a 36 year old. He doesnt realise how much a toll his scizophrenia takes on me, how much his drug taking infuriates me and how i really need to let him go in order to have respect for myself. In his eyes he thinks he is one of the best boyfriends. He can be - but its not a boyfriend you can rely on , more like a son that you have to do things for and think for because they cant do it themselves.
I just find it hard these days everyone wants me - my mum cant drive and needs me, rugs needs me, when my sister comes over- her and her kids needs me and i have no time to myself to get on top of my own self care. And the stress is a cycle of making myself in worse health esp with emotional eating and crippling fatigue.

grapevine

I really need to come on here and be more active like i used to. I just kinda squash everything away that is my own pandora's box and part of that is not coming on here.

It's not my natural instinct to hold things in. And i usually just come on when i have blushing with pms and it feels so anxious and frustrating and infuriating that i feel i cannot do a thing but need to desperately unload my thoughts somewhere without doing damage.

And the thing is its all the same thing. For the last 3 years. Its still the same thing. And i have to put someone else feelings on the top of that, on top of my own. At the same time there's a big elephant in the room of a co-dependency there that i unwillingly like to indulge in when im conscious of it. But i don't have the social equivalent and my self-esteem has now gone below par that my social phobia has gone up.

Because of rugs, and because of mum and because of myself, i just don't have the mental ability to even help myself most of the time. I feel like im locked into rugs tiny world where he can't do anything and where i have to do everything. Where i cant have a future. And thinking that way stops me from doing things like looking after myself.

I just feel so stuck in the mind right now - and need some relief and that used to come from going on here. I wish i could take pride and look after myself again like i used to but i feel like i cant. And its so stupid lol. I play subconscious mind games with myself. The 'resistance as one help book calls it, another calls it 'excuses'.

I need to take a kinder approach to myself. In my mind. I am desperate to get to a point where i can see things refreshed and optimistic and be able to look after myself.

But when i have someone attached to my arm that is like he makes it all feel like i cant. And i cant wait to see my therapist soon - geezuz ! lol

Ive changed to what my natural nature is. Im scared of becoming like him. Mentally and habitually.
I feel like ive regressed to before i got well all those years ago. When i made choices to actually change my thoughts and habits and became so much better in life.

So someone like rugs with schizophrenia means that he basically can't do things for himself. You go to his place and its a huge mess. He recently moved into a new place with his family and was in a room surrounded by boxes. The thing with schizophrenia as far as his goes is he has no motivation or initiation to do just about anything. Its the positive results of schizophrenia. So he can just sit there and not actually do anything productive, from even the smallest level. He has a routiene and is good at it tho, like hell make his mum dinner and clean the car and things like that. They are habits. But he might do them inconveniently. Like for instance, clean the car when he needs to really unpack and make his bed after moving etc.

The thing with being in a relationship with him is that you end up doing everything.

grapevine

ththatWell my life has felt like one big co-dependence of people, people dependent on me more than i on them and me struggling to get any form of independence. Like its always been with my mum. Shes got 30 percent hearing and was born like that. Ive had to be her saviour in many ways, she doesnt drive and for her to go out means i gotta put in the effort whilst my dad decides to go off and do his own thing and make lawn balls and being mr fixit to his friends a priority or pokies. It all falls on me. And then theres rugs who cant really do things for himself, he looks to me to have a life because he is unable to get his own. Not a day goes by where he isnt contacting me, or coming over constantly, he means well and cares but he is unable to actually have any drive or thought to do things himself other than sit and try to work out the internet social networks that he cant socially understand because of his schizophrenia and its disheartening to see what he puts on and how its a paranoia and delusional thinking style that he has with the internet. The other thing is he is too dominant over my life and talks about his life with me in the future not able to realise hes just jumping on my life so he has one himself. I even said something like that to him, he didnt like it - but i tried to tell him that in the least negative way, least offensive way, but it was the truth, but he cant see it - theres no insight into his stuff. He has no agenda, no anything really in his life except to go with me to do my things.

But the worst is my sister, her husband and kids. 6 and 8. They come here, my sister is rude and dominant and basically when they come i have no life at all. I cant do anything because the kids rule the place and my sister and her dramas and her husband. I cant stand it and its a marathon of energy i dont have.

In a few days im driving into town with my mum to go see the ballet. Its in the city and it will be a long day. Origninally my dad was gonna drive us but his priority is always lawnbowls. Because adrenal fatigue i have, its been a battle to get anything done and depressing - its like dragging yourself on the ground all haggard - trying to keep up with things. Its worse cause anxiety and stress so ive found i have to minamilise things. Take it slow and do things with thought in mind ill have to rest after. So this day will be a big day because with anxiety disorder your body goes tense without knowing and your mind races and your breathing is shallow all day. So by the time i get home in my bed and wind down, my body is like so stiff and sore and i cant hardly move. I take magnesium internally to help and the oil. But the adrenalin it takes ages to wind down and to calm my body and then days to recover physically. Im basically unfit too. And over weight/obese now. But yeah, its trying to move your body and its all stiff from that. It really takes days to recover from things. And i know if i can just get on top of this with juicing and looking after myself and having routines and walking and eventually working out. That i can help it start to have less and less impact on me, But i cant because there is always people stopping me from looking after myself.

My mother yesterday, she agreed to my sister to take the kids off her hands this week - from the day after the ballet we go to for the next 4 days. These are kids that are ultra hyperactive and need attention all the time. You cant go to the toliet without them following you and screaming banging down the door. Everything of your own life gets swept away and in waiting till they leave. Ive endured that the last 3-4 days of the school holidays already and also my sister's dramas and how she is so rude and her arguments of swearing and yelling really loud at her husband in front of us all and being picky with my mum on food shes made - my mum having to be like a servant and cooking the same things over and over.
My sister and her husband listen to their iphones really loud without headphones even when we are watching a film with the kids or tv and when my mum has a hard time as it is to hear - its unexcusable (spelling lol) to have such loud talkback on your phone like that in front of everyone - its noise pollution and ultra rude - esp as a guest. I really wanted to say something, or walk up and give headphones with a face but i didnt because all this drama my sister and her husband went through the day before and it was like a domestic and the husband doesnt look well cause he lost his job.

Anyways my point is that my mum just agrees that ill be there to help babysit, without asking me. This kind of thing happens alot where mum just doesnt ask - like that ill drive to pick her up from the city - that i dont have anything on. Anyways my point again is that we are going to the ballet and thats a whole day of driving and anxiety and back and forth. Its stress because my body just tenses up. I know im going to be so exausted by the end of it all. And i assumed id need at least 2 days recovery but now those 2 days are going to be with the kids here and the first time that my sister wont be here with us. My mum is old and hard of hearing and nearly gave my neice almond milk forgetting shes allergic to nuts. My sister tells me that i have to watch mum whilst shes with the kids. I never got a say in any of this. Its just not fair - i am always this person others depend on without asking and it sux when you have adrenal fatigue and no energy most days to do things and when you do do your things its recovery from it you have to put in account. NOw tho im going to have to be on marathon energy when ill be so zapped and stiff. Im so anxious about it and so angry as its not fair and all i am trying to do is get on my feet and its always other people in my way of doing that.