Obsessed With Finding Someone?

Foxface

Are you lonely?
Do you constantly think about being with someone?
Do you sometimes go out of your way to find people like you?
Do you think, that when you find someone you fancy, or if they are similar to you, you automatically think that they cold be the one?
You can't help but wonder, do you stand a chance with them?
You really want to talk to and get to know someone, that has a lot in common with you or captures your interests, but you're insecure and afraid of being hurt/rejected?
Does it bother you when you see someone of your interest with a boy/girlfriend?

This is me.

Lonely? yep, but that's life for a misanthropist. And I'm one. Been treated like **** so I expect to always be treated like ****. Hate people and the good people have all but died or are far and few between.

Everett

That is me, but I don't go out of my way to find anyone. I had a chance with that one person that I thought could identify with me, but I wimped out at the last moment out of fear that they would laugh at who I really was. Now, I hear about that person and their sexual escapades and I keep a mask to hide my pain and I laugh along at the stories, urging my friends to go ahead and try their shot with that person, but that just hurts me even more. I've mostly gotten over that person, but the pain never really goes away.

Meggy0001

This is what I used to be like but now a days I have given up really, I have tried and have gotten hurt and rejected a lot so I just see it as I shouldn't bother becuase it may never really happen, yeah that is a bad way of thinking :/ but I focuss on other things now.

dragonoth

You should ask yourself why you want to find someone. If it's to validate/increase your self-worth, don't be fooled; no one else has the power to do that other than yourself.

Jemo

I used to be obsessed about it but I've become more indifferent (or cynical) about it now although I still feel very lonely. When I was younger it didn't take much for me to become infatuated with girls I met but I was always so afraid of showing it and being rejected. I always had a fantasy that a girlfriend would magically rescue me from all my problems and worries. Now, I think my preferences and wishes have become a bit more realistic than they were then. I've also gotten better at thinking about other things.

Yes that's pretty much me, I have quite clear the reasons of why I wan to be with someone and honestly it bothers me when people tell me that relationships don't fix everything and that I can find full happiness withing myself, because I'm aware of that and yet I know that I don't want to be alone and I know why, and why should I be around justifying that desire anyways.

I really don't go out to find people like me for two reasons, first is the lack of time and opportunity to do that (not to mention my awful lack of privacy at home), and second because everyone around here seems to be religious and/or a party person, two lifestyles completes opposed to what I want. I'm suggested to go and look for clubs of people for similar interests, but my interests don't include anything to be done in groups, and in anyways while I live with my parents I can't afford to even go out regularly somewhere and my not particularly good relationship with my nosy parents and consequent lack of trust with them just discourage me to go out regularly just to avoid nagging and interrogations about it.

If I'm lucky I'll be able to move out in about a year, and in the meantime I'm relying on luck, something I ABSOLUTELY hate.

shakethelight

No. But I've gone through periods where I long for a relationship. I've been in a lot of a failed relationships due to my poor choice of guys or when I do find a great guy I just push them away.

I've been telling myself that I need to be/get heathly, physically/emotionally, or my relationship will just not work out.

I also think if youre not ok alone, it won't work when your together. cause you have to look within yourself to fulfill your needs & the relationship to fulfill your wants. Get yourself together, become whole & happy by yourself & love will find you –being whole & happy by yourself is very a attractive quality.

Maybe you just need to work on yourself & find your passion? Learn youd be just fine on your own. I kind of have this theroy, once your start doing something you love, youll meet the person your supposed to fall in love with. But, I'm weird ha.

THeCARS1979

Are you lonely?
Do you think, that when you find someone you fancy, or if they are similar to you, you automatically think that they cold be the one?
You really want to talk to and get to know someone, that has a lot in common with you or captures your interests, but you're insecure and afraid of being hurt/rejected?

This is me.

Yes and it bothers the sh t out of me cause Ive been alone for so long
I maybe used to it but I hate it. I feel like I dont know what to say.
And girls do it so indirectly and I never know what to say. I feel like
some day Im going to reach the point of giving up and I did all my therapy for nothing

Bethhy

I want to meet someone, i wanna share so many things with someone. And i did meet a girl online, we were gonna meet up but i messed up and texted her too much, now shes not talking to me. She said i wasnt in a good place for a relationship. Im pissed off because i never talk to anyone really and the conversation really rolled with her. And i really like her.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I want to meet someone, i wanna share so many things with someone. And i did meet a girl online, we were gonna meet up but i messed up and texted her too much, now shes not talking to me. She said i wasnt in a good place for a relationship. Im pissed off because i never talk to anyone really and the conversation really rolled with her. And i really like her.

Hmm... maybe she felt like you were invading her space? Some people don't like being messaged over and over, because they need some alone time at times.

I'd feel suffocated if someone texted me too much. I like talking to friends, but I also like living in my own world from time to time. Perhaps you should apologize to her? And take things slowly?

nosferatu

Are you lonely?
Yes, but I don't mind being alone most of the time.

If I have a crush on someone then I think about her all the time. Otherwise no.

no

no, but I at least want to befriend them.

I think I don't stand a chance with anyone.

I guess

If someone catches my interest and they have a boyfriend already, then I lose interest in them - no problem. But if she starts dating after I've developed a crush then I feel like killing the guy.

Fighter86

Are you lonely?
Yes very much so.

Sometimes I wish frevently for someone, but none of the people I ever went out with works out in the end. I am always the rebound girl to them.

No.

No. I am unlucky in love, men normally decide they don't like me after all after going out a few times so I don't hold on to false hopes either.

Nope.

I never try to approach anyone unless they show an interest in me first.

Yes.

recluse

Are you lonely?

This is me.

1) Yes i do, makes it worse with the constant reminder that everyone else is with someone.

2) No i never make the effort, i am avoidant.

3) Too many times yes. Causes heartache when i can't ask them out for fear of rejection.

4) I always think i don't stand a chance with anyone.

5) Yes. I rather not know the outcome than risk the heartache of rejection.

6) Yes it does. Cannot stop feeling jealous.

magician11

You pretty much just explained me down to a T

I wish that in our society it wasn't men that were in charge of starting relationships and being the aggressors. I feel much more comfortable around aggressive women.

Fighter86

Yes I am pretty obsessed about finding someone. Just someone nice enough that I can spend time with who is not unkind or abusive. That's all. Apprantly its extremely hard.

ImNotMyIllness

Are you lonely?

This is me.
Yeah. This pretty much sums me up. Except I didn't know there were people similar to me (this is all new). I typically won't approach someone unless I think they may have an interest. I am very nervous about being rejected...I pretty much assume I will be, so most times I don't even try. :(

jaim38

No, I am not obsessed with finding a boyfriend, though I used to be. I would daydream about having a rich intelligent husband who can give me security and lots of love (or not). And my "daydream husband" also has better social skills than I do and are more popular than me in real life. Which probably explains why I tend to have crushes on smart, popular geeks at school. But, those teenage years are over, and now I realized how immature and shallow I was. I also realized I probably had the same thought process as my mother; I think she definitely married my dad for the security, but not sure if she really loved him.