my girlfriend dumped me

powerfulthoughts

It wouldn't have been too terribly painful had she not told me why. I'm too weird and odd she said. Literally that's what she said. She thought I would eventually loosen up and become part of her circle of friends. But I never did. When I tried to, I made a fool of myself and then avoided and stayed silent every time after that. She didn't know the full extent of my problem, but if she did I probably would have been dumped a lot sooner.

I seriously doubt ill ever have another relationship, because this has irreparabley screwed with my head and heart. I simply can't see myself ever leaving my sacred shell... its just too hurtful and scary.

I just needed somewhere to say this, because I've got no where or anyone else to express any feelings.

Sighhh

MikeyC

I seriously doubt ill ever have another relationship, because this has irreparabley screwed with my head and heart.
You say that now because this all just happened. The healing process takes time and you will get through it. I have had to in the past and so can you. :)

You two were not the perfect match, but you might find someone who is. Just takes time.

Kinetik

How can you take it so personally when she's clearly just being a bitch? She misjudged you. That's her problem, not yours, and the sheer fact that she has to be unnecessarily spiteful speaks volumes.

You will get over this, and you will meet someone who appreciates you, quirks and all. This girl isn't worth the hurt, so don't give her the satisfaction.

Sartana

I seriously doubt ill ever have another relationship, because this has irreparabley screwed with my head and heart. I simply can't see myself ever leaving my sacred shell... its just too hurtful and scary.

Eveyone thinks that, but you always do.

I've never understood the 'you don't fit in with my friends' excuse. What if you find them incredibly dull and have your own friends to hang with? Sure it would be a nice world where you can meld the two, but that's not usually possible. I had that one thrown at me by one ex all the time, but the thing is she didn't like her friends either. Why would I want to fit in with people she spent 80% of the time complaining about?! :D

I always hear this coming from guys... are there any girls here who have had that one thrown at them?

Agent_Violet

I always hear this coming from guys... are there any girls here who have had that one thrown at them?

Yep.My ex-husband threw that at me.

Sorry to hear about your breakup. I think you're better off even though it doesn't feel that way right now.

She misjudged you. That's her problem, not yours, and the sheer fact that she has to be unnecessarily spiteful speaks volumes.

You will get over this, and you will meet someone who appreciates you, quirks and all. This girl isn't worth the hurt, so don't give her the satisfaction.

I agree.

She sounds just like one of those people that doesn't like to think outside of the box. She lives in her little box and her friends live in little boxes. They're box people. We don't fit neatly into little boxes and the box people can't change us to be like them. You don't want to be like them, who wants to live in a box and be the same as everyone with no difference?! She's the one who's trapped, stuck in a box. And if that doesn't make you feel any better I can go after her and box her. :D

fadedteal

Hey I think it's not worth the pain since she didn't understand how to truly love a person. One who loves you would accept you for who you are. Hope you can meet someone who does in the future.

da_illest101

What happened to you is the main reason why I always put some breaks when I get too close to someone. I simply know that they will tell me the same thing .

Only times will heal you wounds so don't worry, you'll be fine eventually

nafadda

You say that now because this all just happened. The healing process takes time and you will get through it. I have had to in the past and so can you. :)

You two were not the perfect match, but you might find someone who is. Just takes time.

exactly...most EVERYone at one time or another has had someone break it off with them,so as far as thinking you will NEVER have another relationship for the rest of your life..rather unlikely...

a few years from now it won't even matter to you.

Newtype

Sorry man, I feel your pain.

I think I talked about this a long time ago, but this is why I refuse to even try to have a girlfriend. I just can't open my heart to someone as long as I don't have that normal life that I want. I don't wanna do that to her, I wanna be there for her at all times, and if I have SA, I'll always be nervous around her, I'll never be able to be myself. There would be no fun.

It's tough, I'm lonely all the time, but I have no choice. It's even tougher now that I've realized that I'm at the age where I have to start looking at the girl's left hand to see if she's single or not, and it seems that most of them are not single and that gets me worried because I fear that there might not be any girl left for me once I'm finally ready.

powerfulthoughts

How can you take it so personally when she's clearly just being a bitch? She misjudged you. That's her problem, not yours, and the sheer fact that she has to be unnecessarily spiteful speaks volumes.

"She misjudged you" --- story of my life.

I take it personally because she knew I had problems and refused to understand. I'm pretty sure her friends convinced her to do it.

Iluv

So sorry to hear that. You will find the right girl one day, don't give up hope!

Aletheia

even unto the ends of the earth

There are people out there who will love you for who you are rather than something they want you to be.

You just have to find them.

OceanMist

I've had a very similar thing happen to me. A woman told me I was too weird and different than every other guy. I've had another woman tell me I'm bad in bed. I've even had a woman that I wasn't interested in just tell me that I'd never have sex for the rest of my life.

The thing is, that's her opinion of you, and that doesn't mean every single woman will write you off because of that. There are shy guys on here who are married so if shyness was always a deal breaker then they wouldn't be where they are.

It seems obvious her type is the outgoing type because she wanted you to chat it up with her friends. You two just weren't a match. That will happen a lot as most relationships end anyway due to differences like that.

I've haven't a g/f in a while and i just got rejected 4 times in 4 months with dates so I get what you feel like. It's something we have to forget about and try to do something else to keep our mind off the sorrow.

Last edited:

Sartana

"She misjudged you" --- story of my life.

I take it personally because she knew I had problems and refused to understand. I'm pretty sure her friends convinced her to do it.

Friends can pressure people pretty good when it comes to relationships, but look on the brightside, if that is the case then she wasn't worth your time anyway.

OceanMist

I'm pretty sure her friends convinced her to do it.

Most women love their friends' opinions in the dating world. Their friends are the first person they run to for any kind of questions, problems, etc. with their b/f.

They will literally base entire decisions on a relationship according to what their friends think.

I bet you are right, her friends probably did have an impact on her decision.

I question why a woman would ever need therapy. They have their own personal consultants that give them advice anyway, lol.