Losing weight.

Srijita52

all i did to lose weight was walk around and eat veggie subs from subway 2 times a week. i was like 190 then after a few weeks i was at 170 then a month or so later im now down to my normal weight of 140 ahhhhhhhhhyeaaaaaaaaa !
Wow that's quite awesome!
I remember I used to weight about 147 when I was 16 and was bullied at school for being fat/ugly. So I almost stopped eating and within one month went from 147lb to 110lb. It very unhealthy of me course and if I ever plan to loose weight again I'll make sure I do it slowly with proper diet and exercise.

dyingtolive

wow Sri... that sounds crazy / and impressive

i used to be a bit fat when i was 14... i lost alot within a span of about a year... it took forever, diet and exercise... i lose weight so slowly.

Srijita52

wow Sri... that sounds crazy / and impressive

i used to be a bit fat when i was 14... i lost alot within a span of about a year... it took forever, diet and exercise... i lose weight so slowly.
That's great dyingtolive. I think its much better to do it slowly than the way I did.

MsBuzzkillington

well i did work out and eat nothing but veggies sooo i guess it cold be other things involved...like me being amazing! :D ooooooooooooooooooooo

Starving yourself is not amazing. Sorry. Rapid weight loss is not really amazing.

Being healthy is amazing.

well congrats on the amazingness part and the weightloss... i have no doubts u are the real deal :)

the veggie subways though kinda surprise me.. coz my impression of bread + the veggies u find in sandwiches = fattening. + no protein. recipe for becoming fat.

Bread doesn't make you fat on it's own. If you eat too many slices of bread it will. There are no foods that just automatically make you fat.

KiaKaha

Banned
Starving yourself is not amazing. Sorry. Rapid weight loss is not really amazing.

Something like that. The thing is if you starve yourself you will lose fat - but you will also lose a ton of muscle. You will just end up emaciated with a pudgy pot belly - not good.
To look good - to have shape to your body, you need to eat.

SocialMT

who said im starving myself? im not stupid. i do eat all day everyday but just healthy, no sugar or man made things.

MentalyBlind

your obviously making this one sided, <.< read my other post dude

i think what he means is that he eats stuff from subway and ALSO eats lots of fruit and veggies at home and work out a lot, and yea that does make you healthy, meat does go putrid in your guts after 4 hours. i don't eat meat and im fit and very healthy.

MsBuzzkillington

Which other post? The one where you said you ate nothing but veggies and worked out a lot? or the one that said you ate subway twice a week and worked out and lost weight rapidly?

I can admit that I read it wrong, but it isn't like I am a complete idiot for it. You didn't say you ate healthier and worked out more, you said you ate nothing but veggies. Nothing but veggies doesn't sound like meat and fruits to me.

InvisaLady

I have been exercising for an average of an hour per day, Have been eating healthy, Cut my calories down to 1600 a day and I have not dropped a pound in over 2 months.

GhastlyCC

^
Did you start your dieting and exercise at the beginning of those two months?
Or had you been doing it for a while before?
Had you lost weight before those two months?
Perhaps you've reached a plateau and need to change up what you're doing. :p

Your calorie intake seems rather low too though.
I'm not sure about your age,weight,height etc...but it seems low
It could be having a negative effect on your weight loss efforts.

InvisaLady

^
Did you start your dieting and exercise at the beginning of those two months?
Or had you been doing it for a while before?
Had you lost weight before those two months?
Perhaps you've reached a plateau and need to change up what you're doing. :p

Your calorie intake seems rather low too though.
I'm not sure about your age,weight,height etc...but it seems low
It could be having a negative effect on your weight loss efforts.
I started the "eating heathyer" thing abou 2 years ago
but have changed a fwe more things like cutting drastically back on the sweets and eating a ton more fruit in early april. I did lose some weight before april but not much really only 7 pounds between december and april. Before December I was eating 2000 per day and I was gaining weight fairly rapidly.
Age 30
Gender Female
Hight 5 foot 8 inches
Weight 209.8.

Last edited:

MsBuzzkillington

I have been exercising for an average of an hour per day, Have been eating healthy, Cut my calories down to 1600 a day and I have not dropped a pound in over 2 months.

I know it sounds crazy but sometimes you actually have to eat more to lose weight. Bump up your calories by 2-300 for a bit and see what happens. I am sure you will start losing. If you don't you can eat that for a few weeks (a higher calorie intake) and then go back down to 1600 and you'll start dropping off the weight again.

However with your exercise, height and weight 1600 seems a bit low.

dyingtolive

50 pounds. 20 in the first few weeks, and then the rest in a month or so. Eating nothing but veggies.

And working out alot.

But of course he's really awesome.. so that counts for something. Maybe something only he can do or 5% of people. Maybe he's really genetically gifted.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I weight around 52/53kg. I've been stuck in 53 and can't drop that extra weight. I've been eating too much junk lately (I love sweets) and that's not helping. I'm on a diet again to, hopefully, go back to what I consider an "ok" weight.

I've always wanted to weight 47kg again, that's my ideal weight, but I can't drop that much unless I eat very little, which I can't. I get very hungry at night...