Losing weight.

THeCARS1979

In about 2000, I had blown out to about 90kg, and was really unhappy about it, and starting to get some health problems.

I went onto a gutbusters diet, and lost about 10kgs. The diet suggested cutting out sugary drinks. So I started drinking diet cola. Not longer after that my anxiety kicked in big time. I had my first serious battle with panic disorder in 2002. I now wonder if the caffiene contributed?

I went through some serious health problems until about 2007. Then I started running again in 2008. I run up to 90km a week, and my weight is down to 75kg. This is as light as I have been since my twenties. Physically and mentally I am better with that constant input of endorphins from running.

diet soda is bad for you, it wasnt the caffeine, cause i drink regular soda( coke with real sugar) and coffee often. it may have been aspartame

AGR

Well I got to 81 kg and something this week,someone noticed that I lost weight,but this weekend I ate a bit bad,didnt weight myself yet.

EscapeArtist

Well I got to 81 kg and something this week,someone noticed that I lost weight,but this weekend I ate a bit bad,didnt weight myself yet.

Nice Olhos! When somebody realizes that's when you know you're into it and getting results :) almost to the point where you can just feed off of the progress and it no longer feels like effort, just excitement. Don't worry, a few bad days is something that's just going to happen, there's no avoiding it, what matters is how you adapt to them and keep going.

MikeyC

Good stuff, Olhos. When I have bad days I find it hard to keep the motivation going. I hope you're not like me and can keep it going.

dyingtolive

How is everyone? Hows your weight loss plans going?

Well just a recap, i started working out 2 months ago after a long hiatus. Missed a workout today, stomach took too long to digest, but have been dealing with skipping workouts better compared to the past. So im resting better. Dont know whether i should start eating more or eating less. Gain muscle or lose fat? Ive always had a problem eating more, since i am repulsed by fat, and dont have it psychologically in me to eat more. So as a result, i put on muscle so slowly. I am trying to lose fat and gain muscle. The slowness is frustrating and tiring. Ive been having thoughts about doing steroids but the side effects still scare me. But i know if i did steroids, i would be able to build muscle without putting on fat. Its about the 2 month mark where motivation seems to wane. So right now i feel like im in a hole again.

Well tomorrow is another day. ill aim to survive

Last edited:

AGR

I am kinda stuck at 81kg and 82kg,mostly because I dont do anything at work,but starting from this weekend on I will try to start exercising again.

Agent_Violet

any workout that you can dance is awesome :)

i'm insulin resistent so i struggle to lose weight. I don't even bother trying anymore as long as I don't gain I'm fine.

After my divorce I lost about 10lbs from all the moving,unpacking,heavy lifting,etc... and since then i've kept the weight steady and haven't gained anything.

I think the number on the scale doesn't matter as long as you feel good and the doc says you're healthy.

I've lost atleast 20kg's in the last year or so, I was over 130kg & am now 108 kg's, all I did was stop eating junk & snacking & replaced 2 meals a day with supplements & a nutritional chocolate milkshake Natural Factors, WellBetX PGX, Weight Loss Shake, Chocolate, Powder, 1.9 lbs (854 g) - iHerb.com , & I did this without exercising, maybe a little just to work up a sweat. Also not long ago I was stuck on 111kg's and heard that drinking half a lemon in water enables your body to lose weight, so in the place of water I would usually drink, I started drinking lemon in water and lost 3kg in about 3 days, apparently the lemon cleanses your liver and enables your body to be rid of (xenoestrogens) chemicals that put your body into fat storing mode & prevent you from burning fat, as estrogen is the stuff they inject chickens with to fatten them up, which also has the same effect on our body's.

dyingtolive

congrats Poison! nice going. I hope u continue ur success!

Srij, working out and exercising can really be therapeutic. I think it is also the reason why i am surviving still. So if u do decide to do some exercising, i hope u enjoy the journey as well as t he destination, which is of course just a drop dead gorgeous body to go with your already gorgeous looks. Of course, you already look good as you are now.

dyingtolive

Agent Violet, congrats too on losing that weight and im happy for you that you feel good and happy now where you are. That would be my dream to feel that way :)

Goodluck as well Olhos!

Srijita52

Srij, working out and exercising can really be therapeutic. I think it is also the reason why i am surviving still. So if u do decide to do some exercising, i hope u enjoy the journey as well as t he destination, which is of course just a drop dead gorgeous body to go with your already gorgeous looks. Of course, you already look good as you are now.
Thanks dyingtolive. :)
I just hope I don't get too lazy and give up again.

SocialMT

all i did to lose weight was walk around and eat veggie subs from subway 2 times a week. i was like 190 then after a few weeks i was at 170 then a month or so later im now down to my normal weight of 140 ahhhhhhhhhyeaaaaaaaaa !

dyingtolive

congrats Social! That sounds pretty awesome... 50 pounds in a month or so...

It sounds pretty difficult though to only eat twice a week..

MrJones

I know I should be losing weight. Or at least try.
I'm 6 feet tall and I used to weight 165 pounds before starting college, when I was 18. Now I'm 21 and of course my body has changed, matured, but still, I weighted 175, more or less, then all of a sudden I became 190 and I feel I'll be 200 sometime soon if I don't change anything.

SocialMT

congrats Social! That sounds pretty awesome... 50 pounds in a month or so...

It sounds pretty difficult though to only eat twice a week..

well i did work out and eat nothing but veggies sooo i guess it cold be other things involved...like me being amazing! :D ooooooooooooooooooooo

dyingtolive

well congrats on the amazingness part and the weightloss... i have no doubts u are the real deal :)

the veggie subways though kinda surprise me.. coz my impression of bread + the veggies u find in sandwiches = fattening. + no protein. recipe for becoming fat.