Losing weight.

AGR

Dont have much to report,my weight is 83kg and something,almost 84kg,but I began this week at 86kg,people invited me to a buffet on sunday,but I declined,some people were sad because I am the only one who can transport them,but I didnt want to throw away my progress just like that.

1BlackSheep

Dont have much to report,my weight is 83kg and something,almost 84kg,but I began this week at 86kg,people invited me to a buffet on sunday,but I declined,some people were sad because I am the only one who can transport them,but I didnt want to throw away my progress just like that.
Such willpower! I need some of that! :)

THeCARS1979

I guess it's been almost 4 years now, since I slipped into this depression?
Last summer I did everything I could to get in shape again.
I'm 5'4 and at one point, I weighed over 200lbs.
It yoyo'ed alot but in winter, I'd be from 190-210 whereas before then-- in college, I weighed 120lbs.

I've accepted that I'll probably never weigh that much again-- I'm not a child anymore, I've a mature body, so my healthy weight will be more than that.
Last spring/summer, I went from about 180lbs down to 135lbs.
Decreased my portions/ cut out greasy food/ almost completely cut out candy and junk food/ ran 8-16km every day.
I felt like I had more energy and more of a routine to go out every morning and run-- but my mood didn't change too much.

I still feel like I have alot of excess weight but perhaps it's just my unhealthy self-image that makes me think I'm fat when I'm well within my healthy BMI.
I'd like to tone this year if it's possible.
It was really difficult to be depressed and lose weight while still depressed.
Stress doesn't help either.

Hey you did great it sounds, keep up the good work super McGee

bcsr

I actually wanted to start a thread (with photos) just so I'd have some more motivation, people to answer to, lol. Even started taking the photos, but chickened out on posting anything.

Srijita52

I'm glad you're trying your best. Keep it up. :)

Ashiene

So now while going cold turkey from my meds, I feel nauseous every minute of every day (for 1 week already) because I went from 2 years of 250mg/day to completely stopping it overnight and because of this I have lost my appetite. Oily and spicy food makes me wanna puke now. I can barely eat anything but I also see this as a positive side effect of withdrawal as I can finally be able to lose weight. Withdrawal usually lasts a few weeks to a couple months so if this continues maybe I can lose about 10-12kg by then.

MsBuzzkillington

So now while going cold turkey from my meds, I feel nauseous every minute of every day (for 1 week already) because I went from 2 years of 250mg/day to completely stopping it overnight and because of this I have lost my appetite. Oily and spicy food makes me wanna puke now. I can barely eat anything but I also see this as a positive side effect of withdrawal as I can finally be able to lose weight. Withdrawal usually lasts a few weeks to a couple months so if this continues maybe I can lose about 10-12kg by then.

No, no, no this is not a good way to go about things. Starving yourself is not the answer. Starving won't help you get healthy. You can lose weight without starving yourself. Please try not to start down that path or think that it is the only way you can lose weight. Also, it is not a good thing that you just quit your meds cold turkey, that can be really terrible for the body.

Ashiene

No, no, no this is not a good way to go about things. Starving yourself is not the answer. Starving won't help you get healthy. You can lose weight without starving yourself. Please try not to start down that path or think that it is the only way you can lose weight. Also, it is not a good thing that you just quit your meds cold turkey, that can be really terrible for the body.

I'm just going to take advantage of this period to lose weight rapidly, but when my withdrawal symptoms go away, I'm going to maintain a proper, lighter diet without starving myself. Anyway, I'm not starving myself voluntarily now. I just feel nauseous when eating now but I don't really feel hungry because I take small portions of nuts and fruits throughout the day.

AGR

I got sidetracked a bit at the past weekend,but now I am on the right path again,I am 82kg almost 83kg I need to buy another weight scale and throw this one away so I can know exactly how much I weight.

Srijita52

I got sidetracked a bit at the past weekend,but now I am on the right path again,I am 82kg almost 83kg I need to buy another weight scale and throw this one away so I can know exactly how much I weight.
Good luck, I hope you can constantly keep working on your weight.

da_illest101

I don't know what type of cardio exercise you do, but you should try interval training, basically you do 8 seconds max speed, 12 seconds moderate speed for 20 mins 3 times a week minimum. you can do that running, or any cardio machine

WeirdyMcGee

An accurate scale is definitely more helpful.
I tossed mine out years ago because I became obsessed with the number.
I try not to think about it now-- just get weighed at doctor's appointments; but not at home.
It's important to not be obsessed with the number; be more concerned with how good you feel.
(you probably know that though! :cool:)

AGR

I bought a new scale,it was pretty cheap so I decided why not?
Also I didnt forget this thread,only that I am still around 82kg almost
83kg,but one important thing that happened is that I didnt gain any weight in the past weekend like I always do.

AGR

I don't know what type of cardio exercise you do, but you should try interval training, basically you do 8 seconds max speed, 12 seconds moderate speed for 20 mins 3 times a week minimum. you can do that running, or any cardio machine

Well its being a long time since I did any exercise,but what I do is mostly jumping rope and just the BEST exercise EVER:

file_17_29.jpg

its really fun stuff I recomend for anyone,both I imagine are pretty much like what you described,also like to lift weights,but its been some time since I did it.::(:

Last edited:

AGR

An accurate scale is definitely more helpful.
I tossed mine out years ago because I became obsessed with the number.
I try not to think about it now-- just get weighed at doctor's appointments; but not at home.
It's important to not be obsessed with the number; be more concerned with how good you feel.
(you probably know that though! :cool:)

mine was pretty old,and besides my vision is kinda bad,so I always had to put my glasses,the new one is digital,so I can see well and know exacly how much I weight.

AGR

I second that... jumping rope is such a great exercise. It hits so many muscles. I also do a lot of boxing and swimming.

Well if you do boxing try the Bas Rutten mixed martial arts workout,it has two boxing tracks,I would do it three times when I could,when I was doing boxing and did this I had endless cardio.