Let me introduce myself..

Lavinialuna

Hello, I am new and am just popping in to say hello. I suffer severe social phobia and anxiety and struggle to find ways to cope. At the moment I rarely leave the house and almost never alone. I live in Wisconsin and have a husband and kids. My husband is an artist and I myself dabble in the arts. I dream of one day living "off the grid" and homesteading somewhere in the country where I would love to find peace and quiet.
Hope to get to know you better.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Hullo. :greeting: Welcome to the forum. :)

Ah definitely relate to yer situation with regards to social anxiety. So, yer not alone.

heyy

Welcome to the forum! I can relate to everything you said there in your post. I have become really interested in living off the grid too. It's one of those idealistic dreams I've been having lately.

uk_27

Look what happened to christopher mccandless when he tried living off the grid. :eek: That's a bit of an extreme example I guess! Great book though.

Lavinialuna

I'll have to check out who christopher mccandless is, but I am assuming it didn't go well, lol! Glad to have you all to talk to, and lucky we have some common goals!

dragons

Christopher McCandles was the boy they made the movie Into The Wild about.

But more importantly the book! (Which the movie is based on.) I haven't seen the movie but I loved the book. Very interesting story.

Of course, it's a pretty extreme example of going "off the grid" since Chris McCandless decided to live in the woods on his own and he wasn't very prepared, haha. I don't think I'd ever do something that extreme, but I do like the idea of living in a little house in the quiet woods somewhere ...

Anyway, welcome to the forum Lavinialuna! What kind of art do you do?

Xervello

Hello, I am new and am just popping in to say hello. I suffer severe social phobia and anxiety and struggle to find ways to cope. At the moment I rarely leave the house and almost never alone. I live in Wisconsin and have a husband and kids. My husband is an artist and I myself dabble in the arts. I dream of one day living "off the grid" and homesteading somewhere in the country where I would love to find peace and quiet.

Welcome to SPW! I hope we can help and/or entertain. If only we could babysit to give you some alone time, right, ha ha. In what sort of arts do you dabble?

uk_27

If you don't mind me asking, why do you say the book is more important? I don't believe one to be more important than the other.

The book and the film were both great I thought. I watched the film first which led me to the book. I thought Vince Vaughn was quality, even though his part was small. Also the Eddie Vedder soundtrack was cool. The book is a real page turner too.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Hi! :greeting:

Off the grid...*sigh*. Such a wonderful dream to be self-sustaining.

Coyote is in WI, too. Not sure who else is from here.

Lavinialuna

I do chalk drawing with my fingers, that is my favorite, but I also write poetry, love to cook and bake (sort of an art!), and I can sew, embroider, knit, I like refinishing furniture, building stuff, fixing stuff, remodeling... I'm a jack of all trades, master of nothing!
I'll have to check out that book/movie. Sounds like something I would like.
My husband and I had our first organic garden last year and I loved it. This year we are expanding and I also bought some laying hens. I picked them up today and they are so dang cute! As soon as the snow melts we are going to build a chicken coop, and then an earth bag studio in the back yard for our art. I am so excited to get going on it. I wish we were in the country (we live in a small town) but at least I have privacy fences so I sort of get to keep my peace!

Lavinialuna

IMG_1823_zps34654db9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CHICKENS!

Gieky

Aww they are adorable!!! I have to say I am a huge fan of farm fresh chicken eggs. Don't know if I'm imagining it, but they have a different (better) taste to me than the eggs they sell in the supermarket.
Anyway, you and the hubby sound like very healthy people, that is great!