Is anyone afraid to look at there reflection?

Forgotten-Children

I don't really mind to because whenever I see a mirror, I ALWAYS look at it. Not that I'm a beauty freak, which I'm not believe me, I tend to stare into space whenever I look into a mirror.

The same thing happens with windows. I constantly stare out of windows and drift to la la land. >-> Is this normal?

Lol, what really? Me - handsome? No way! lol

Thanks guys :D, you guys are awesome!! <3<3

By the way, it would be more believable if a girl told me that and not some dudes :D. Still, thanks though :)

Dave1989

Definately, even though I hate looking at it i constantly find myself doing it in any reflective surface I can ( car windows, backs of cutlery etc) vicious circle.

panicsurvivor

Lol, what really? Me - handsome? No way! lol

Thanks guys :D, you guys are awesome!! <3<3

By the way, it would be more believable if a girl told me that and not some dudes :D. Still, thanks though :)

LOL. Good point. Girls go check out easy's pictures on his page and tell him he is handsome.;)

i hate looking at my own face, whether it's in the mirror, in photographs.... it doesn't help when people give compliments either, because i always perceive it as them just being nicee.. and to be honest it makes me feel worse.

The mental disorder that describes this --> Body Dismorphic Disorder

My BDD is bit different, as it flip-flops between feeling i look "ghastly" to an over-attraction to my image. But in public places (& at school) it was almost always the former, for some reason.

Also, although i'm mostly over it now, all through teenhood (& for years after) i was scared of my shadow - has anyone here had that??

Last edited:

Silvox Black

Seeing myself, whether it be from a mirror or a photograph, always repulses and disgusts me. I loathe my own appearance.

girlinthecorner

I only seem to have a problem looking in a mirror when other people are around. I don't like other people seeing me look in a mirror. Like, if I'm at home and someone else is here I have to close the door before looking in the mirror. Or if I'm out at some store and a mirror is around I just avoid looking at it. But if I'm by myself usually I'm fine.

I can't stand looking in the mirror, but I'm obsessed, so I do it over and over again.
I don't feel happy when I see myself, especially in the morning waking up without Make Up.
I feel like an ugly monster, without Make Up.
And sometimes I get panic attacks too because I feel disconnected with my own reflection.
But when I walk in a public place I feel self concious because of my looks, I feel that people look at me and they can see my insecureness. And I feel fugly all the time.
I don't want to sound like i'm complaining, but it's just the truth, I think I do suffer from the Michael Jackson syndrome. As they call it here o_O
BDD... I don't have it like him so extreme, But I do have a very hard time dealing with it..
I'm concerned about my appearance, way too much.

Confuseddd

i hate it.. although i cant stop. i look in the mirror constantly to make sure that i look ok and more times than not i end up being dissatisified with my appearance. my thinning hair is the absolute worst and what i worry about most especially in social situations.. Man it sucks, i used to go to the bathroom in school before EVERY class... and at work i often sneak off to look in the mirror and fix my hair as well. i have learned to deal with it though. its almost like ocd?

theblank

I used to be scared of my reflection, until I got bit in the neck by a vampire. Now when I look in the mirror I don't see anything...which I think is pretty cool.