Is anyone afraid to look at there reflection?

lioliber

I can't stand looking in the mirror, I have to get myself in the right mind frame first, catching a unexpected glimpes of myself in the reflection of a window or something really brings me down.

panicsurvivor

I usually don't mind it at all. But sometimes when I look at myself I get this weird disconnected feeling and suddenly have a huge panic attack. I don't get it.:eek:::(:

Logical Anxiety

I used to be afraid, because my face had a damn lot of acne. Probably the acne will come back, but until then, I will like my face.
(Also, being short-sighted has it's advantages. When I'm bathing and stare at myself in the mirror, it's a complete blur, so I can't tell if my face is ugly. +_+)

AGR

nah I used to be,now not,its what I am, I cant change,but I would change a couple of things though,like the size/shape of my nose,also I realized that my looks only matter to me,most people wouldnt care about my looks,I also dont want them to care or only like me because of this,I like to think I have more to offer.

MaliceInWickedland

Every time I look into a mirror I try to find something to love about myself but I always end up finding more flaws in myself and then all I want to do is break the mirror with my fist and watch myself shatter.

Feathers

Hm, I sometimes really like myself and sometimes not so very much (depends on what has happened in RL and my levels of energy), then I just adjust my hair quickly and think, 'It is what it is' lol..
Usually other people take me as I am anyway..

I like what Adrox wrote, I hope I have more to offer than 'just a pretty face' anyway!!

For everyone else out there, maybe just try goofing around with your reflection, or pretend you're giving an MTV interview :D or something.. (rockstars can look ****e too, and still be famous-?? :D)

Louise Hay's exercise to tell yourself 'I love you' in the mirror can be pretty powerful too... You don't have to like or approve of someone to love'em!! And that goes for yourself too!! :)

I have some trouble looking into the mirror, but it's manageable. I have more trouble with hearing a audio recording of my own voice, that I avoid at all cost.

I have some trouble looking into the mirror, but it's manageable. I have more trouble with hearing a audio recording of my own voice, that I avoid at all cost.

Yeah... I don't like that too. For me, I just keep getting reminded that I've got a gruff voice.

Seasons

I have some troubles with the mirror but usually it's when it's important for me how I look (eg, before meeting someone, going out, ...). If I'm at home I don't mind.
I have huge problems with pictures though, can't stand to see me on them ::(: