If you lost everything you have...

Roman Legion

I was just wondering.. If your home burned down with everything you own, would you really care about losing anything in it and being left with only the clothes you are wearing? I can't think of anything I would want to save, i really would not be bothered by everything I owed being lost in a fire. I just hope my family made it out alright.. Thinking about this has made me want to either give or sell most of what little I already have..

Rawz

I would be very upset about the loss of my hard drives. I have stuff on there that is important to me that I do not have backed up online anywhere. I would also be bummed about losing my computer, my video games, my CDs, my movies, my guitar and amp.

I can't think of anything else.

dyingtolive

atm, just my laptop
that's why i got myself a laptop :) easier for situations like that.

wouldnt u wanna save your xbox? :D

WeirdyMcGee

things are things.
I've lost everything before... a few times-- and it's really not a big deal to me.

Although-- if my house were burning down right now, I think I'd prefer to stay in the fire rather than go outside and have people gawk at me.

Hoppy

I had a big cleanout in December, so the stuff I have left I would like to keep.

If I lost all tomorrow, I would probably be upset, but I don't think it will last very long.

Lonelykitsune

Sounds materialistic but I would be upset.

My I-pod and CD's would be a huge loss (bloody life-line at the minute) as it would take a good while and a lot of money to replace. As would some useless, but sentimental stuff.

Not much else really.

twiggle

I lost a phone once on a night out, it was stolen, and it seemed like the worst thing ever at the time. All those sentimental messages, photos and telephone numbers disappeared into the hands of a crook.

I got a new phone and within a day I'd forgotten about the old one. I immediately set about uploading photos onto it, only saved the numbers I actually used and uploaded a jazzy personalised ringtone. It felt like a huge cleanse of everything.

And that's what I think it would be like if I lost all my material possessions. Upsetting. Distressing. But you just have to make the best of it and see it as making space for all the great new stuff you can acquire.

Roman Legion

I just came back in from burning a lot of stuff in a barrel.. That aside, material posessions don't mean anything to me.. I don't want anything new, and I don't care to keep old rubbish sitting around.. Too bad I am alone on this thing as nobody else in my family shares my obessive need to clean and my minimalistic nature..

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm not sure. I think at first I would be upset about losing all the things sort of have kept record of my life, things I've wrote, things from past experiences, things that have a lot of history with me. I don't trust my memory at all so I have more than a few things like this ::p:.

I'd get over it quicker than I think I would though. Maybe I'd even move on and forget the past, it's not like it was that delightful. That sounds like a good idea actually.

*gets book of matches*

Section_31

My cat, my wallet, my iphone..........my laptop....my desktop....ok laptop ifi had to choose...

im such a consumer whore, LOL