If you had an extra $1k...

jaim38

I think either pay off student loans or invest. My student loans rate is 5-6.8% so definitely pay them off first.

Phoenixx

I'd buy something nice for myself (like a few books or a video game or a few clothes), and then I'd use the rest to make payments on my student loans.

Put it directly into my saving account, and let it collect interest, even if it's a little. It would be a little less than one fourth of the VR fund target I've been putting together.

Last edited:
I would buy a new laptop because mine is virtually worthless since the keyboard and mouse started acting crazy.

The remaining money I'd use to help my family out for the holidays. Or I'd save some of it. I'd rather save most of it but that's hard when you're poor :p

*waits expectantly for $1k check from Marie*

Hoppy

Complete stuff for my house.

And $1000 goes much, much further in South Africa than in the US.

I would love to earn US minimum wage.

Lea

Banned
I would rent a room in England (or Germany but that´s more difficult) and look for cleanings.

Silatuyok

You haven't told us what you would do with it, Marie.

I haven't decided on an answer yet, but I like all the ideas I'm hearing. I'm not big on savings accounts, because the money will actually lose value over time due to inflation. I'm thinking I would stash it in a Fun Fund, and use it throughout the year for day trips, concert tickets, gadgets and whatnot. Get as much enjoyment and happy experience out of it as I possibly can. The bills would find a way to pay themselves.

MikeyC

I haven't decided on an answer yet, but I like all the ideas I'm hearing. I'm not big on savings accounts, because the money will actually lose value over time due to inflation. I'm thinking I would stash it in a Fun Fund, and use it throughout the year for day trips, concert tickets, gadgets and whatnot. Get as much enjoyment and happy experience out of it as I possibly can. The bills would find a way to pay themselves.
That's a good idea.

To be honest, saving $1,000 and making that happen is not really unreachable. :)

Naesala

I would buy atleast a new wintercoat. My current one is really old, but I must admit I love it. But for 1k I could probably find a replica.

The rest of the money I don`t know. Maybe a monthly tv subsrciption to a sports package?

Won't you believe it?

I declared my taxes a little while ago, and today got a letter in the mail saying they took too much tax last year. I'll be getting a tax return of a whopping 2000 Euros. The planets have aligned or something. What are the odds?

..Quick! Someone make a ''What would you do with a lifetime of free pizza?'' thread.