How are you feeling?

Hi Sarah 💗 I can so relate. Sorry you feel bad, too. Maybe you need a change of scenery? That helps when things seem really stagnate.
Hey Molly, good to hear from you ❤️. I’m sorry you feel like this too. Being a human kind of blows. That’s a good idea — I actually have a trip lined up in couple weeks, I am flying out to California for a few days. Maybe I will come back a new person lol.

MollyBeGood

Hey Molly, good to hear from you ❤️. I’m sorry you feel like this too. Being a human kind of blows. That’s a good idea — I actually have a trip lined up in couple weeks, I am flying out to California for a few days. Maybe I will come back a new person lol.
Yes it does. There must be a point to the misery though, that’s what I keep telling myself. Myself isn’t buying it lol
Good for you to go someplace new. Hope you have a fun and exciting time there. Stupid fires here make me want to go to the Antarctic personally this time of year anyways.

Yes it does. There must be a point to the misery though, that’s what I keep telling myself. Myself isn’t buying it lol
Good for you to go someplace new. Hope you have a fun and exciting time there. Stupid fires here make me want to go to the Antarctic personally this time of year anyways.
Lol I keep telling myself the same thing. Thank you, I think it will be a lot of fun 😊. Yeah, these fires are ridiculous. I keep hoping for a year without a drought or where we aren’t encircled by fires, but I don’t think that will ever happen.

lily

forums are boring nowadays, there's nothing I really want to reply to and it's so hard to find enough friends

For lower back pain, the alternative is opioid painkillers which I really want to avoid..
Yeah, that’s understandable. I’m sorry you had to go through that and you’re having lower back pain. Is it from an accident or something? (sorry for prying, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Yeah, that’s understandable. I’m sorry you had to go through that and you’re having lower back pain. Is it from an accident or something? (sorry for prying, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to)

Lol no it's fine :LOL:
It's from life I guess, an old work injury.. combined with a motorbike accident.. wear and tear from doing physical jobs over the years.. hmm.. what else :unsure:
Oh, I'm old (I feel about 80) lol.. on a bad day escalators are a challenge

Lol no it's fine :LOL:
It's from life I guess, an old work injury.. combined with a motorbike accident.. wear and tear from doing physical jobs over the years.. hmm.. what else :unsure:
Oh, I'm old (I feel about 80) lol.. on a bad day escalators are a challenge
Lol Have you ever been to a chiropractor? I wonder if that would help you. Yeah, getting older sucks. I have lower back pain too, but mine is because my hip flexors are stronger than my core; I have been trying to strengthen my TVA. It’s a lot harder than you’d think.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Lol Have you ever been to a chiropractor? I wonder if that would help you. Yeah, getting older sucks. I have lower back pain too, but mine is because my hip flexors are stronger than my core; I have been trying to strengthen my TVA. It’s a lot harder than you’d think.
I have L4, L5 and S1 prolapsed discs.. they protrude and press against the nerve branches in the spine causing referred pain. I've done the whole chiro thing, and I keep fairly fit anyways (I'm a qualified fitness instructor) and always keep my TVA nice and strong and make sure my hip flexors are nice and loose or that increases the pain. Unfortunately due to the nature of the injury I only have limited success with conventional approaches. Pain killers and eventual surgery are my future options which I'm doing everything to avoid. Some days aren't too bad :)

I have L4, L5 and S1 prolapsed discs.. they protrude and press against the nerve branches in the spine causing referred pain. I've done the whole chiro thing, and I keep fairly fit anyways (I'm a qualified fitness instructor) and always keep my TVA nice and strong and make sure my hip flexors are nice and loose or that increases the pain. Unfortunately due to the nature of the injury I only have limited success with conventional approaches. Pain killers and eventual surgery are my future options which I'm doing everything to avoid. Some days aren't too bad :)
Damn, that really sucks. I’m sorry, Pug. Back surgery isn’t so bad… I mean, I guess I have never had it, but I talk to patients all the time who say it has helped them a lot. You have definitely given me more incentive to protect my back, so thank you for that lol.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Disappointed. But, hey, am use tae it. Used to asking for help and either, naebuddy helping me. Or I'll end up taking matters into my own hands for patronising praise; as if I cannae dae anyhin'. :mad: Then, they'll get pissed at me for giving a sarcastic response to their faint praise.

I mean, it'd be nice if someone in muh family could actually keep their word when they say they'll help me with this thing on this day. Instead of going: "Aw, sorry. Change eh plans" at the last minute n' fobbing me off with an excuse which is more or less them telling me: "Ah can't be arsed" without actually using that phrase.

Must be great huvin folk in yer life that ye can rely upon, eh?

Graeme1988

Just wondering if I'm an awful person for refusing to go along with the narrative my mother and oldest sister have been spouting of late; about how the middle child has changed and isn't as bad as she used to be in terms of fleeing off the handle into a tantrum style rage over the slightest things.

It's not that I don't buy, it's just, I still have PTSD from the last 4 years of having to keep my gob shut, rarely intervene in an argument. And bottling up my anger and frustration to such an unhealthy extent I'm glad my electric guitar took the murderous scheme beatings I was dishing out and not an actual person.

Though sadly, being a man raised by a single mother, me having to shut up and tolerate it has been a recurring theme since my adolescence. Insults, snide remarks, and opinions on the pop culture of TV shows, movies, and music that they immediately just assume I also hold because we're family. Heck, they still think of me as that anti-social nerd with my headphones on, music blaring and my head in a book. So much so that - as her gift to me from her week-long holiday in Yorkshire recently - my oldest sister got me a frickin' bookmark! As if she's hasn't gotten me one of those for the last 5 years, every time she goes on holiday. I mean, it was effin' Yorkshire... home of the legendary and underrated heavy metal band Saxon. And she never thought to look for the nearest music store and buying me one of their early albums on vinyl? Y'know, something that would've got a reaction outta me beyond a disappointed grunt, only for me fling it in my bedside drawer and not clap eyes on it again.

Graeme1988

I don't know... is there a word that accurately describes how someone feels after years of constant negative reinforcement? Because I'm struggling to think of it.

Anyway, yet again, my mother thought it'd be so "funny" to make a snide comment and overreact - as she always does with me - after my oldest sister and I got back from getting a few things from our local supermarket. And all because I went and bought the 4 small tubs of ice cream that weren't delivered during the home delivery early this morning. Which, apparently, justifies her to make me left like crap.

Not as much as a thank you, no gratitude. Naw, just me getting made justify why I did something, like I always do. :mad:😔

Graeme1988

I'm feeling quite nervous — I hope my mum's hospital appointment goes well. Not sure whether I should brace for the worst, hope for the best, or both? :confused: Because, either way the responsibility of care falls to me, regardless of the outcome. So I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm feeling better than I have these past few days, though. So, there's that. Although I am feeling the pressure of these song collaborations. Pressure I'm putting upon myself more than any. Also, I don't know if I should get back into that mindset I had back in the spring/summer of 2017 and just bang these songs out in less than a week? :unsure:

lily

tomorrow I'll have an appointment in the morning about my blood test results. I wonder what she's going to say, May the Lord lead..