How are you feeling?

Marc7

Yep ! But those are the double standards I have to put up with... sadly. :mad:

Yea.

Insignificant, as if I or my perspective doesn't matter. :(

You or perspective should matter though.

Pretty much. But that's mainly based upon my own experience of having no-one willing to actual teach me those skills. So I had to do it myself, despite being unsure of myself and capabilities.

Did you end up learning the skills on your own? Thank you, I will try to tell myself I can do the things I'm doubting myself about more. Sorry but how can I not be afraid of learning the necessary skills?

Yeah, my Mum went to visit my older sister when she lived over in Ireland, twice. Once 2 years before my orthopedic surgery and again a year after I had the operation. And my oldest sister who was coming in to see how I was doing occassionally - usual during her lunch break or after she was done at her job - said I was coping surrprsing well without our mother living with me.

That's good you were able to cope well without your mother living there (not being sarcastic btw). So you were still in pain from
the surgery even a year after?

No, it's fine. I'm happy to answer your questions. In answer to your last question, she basically said that because she's aware as I am that my disability will gradually get worse as I get older. And, y'know, the fact she's quite narcissistic - always wanting to feel needed. Or always wanting to be in control, to put it another way. But that's how she is... Sadly doesn't seem willing to change.

Thank you for being happy to answer my questions. Wow, I hope it doesn't get gradually worse as you get older. Does she know you coped well on your own while she was gone in Ireland? Maybe that might change her mind about about thinking you can't cope on your own.

Feeling like a total failure and depressed loser doomed to be this way till I die.
Otherwise I feel great *wink*
Just finished reading right through the "Social Anxiety Memes" thread, and it has made me feel like human failures, like me, are not actually as rare as I thought.
Do you wonder how many people there are out there - that you see in the public realm - appearing perfectly "normal", but as soon as they get behind the privacy of their front door, their messed-up, true-self comes out?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Feeling like a total failure and depressed loser doomed to be this way till I die.
Otherwise I feel great *wink*
Yea I definitely feel like a loser. Not by anyone else's standards, but by my own.
I always wanted to have a decent career, but life just kept planting IED's in the roadside, the road being my life's path. Now I feel like I've missed the opportunity to make anything decent of my life/self.
It's a pretty shitty feeling.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I seriously give up on trying to understand my family...

My mother complains to me whenever my older sister has a go at her. Like today, she verbally berated our mother because she (Mum) went n’ told our oldest sister where the younger of the two had went when asked. Apparently that justifies losing the plot ? Even though my oldest sister also asked me where our middle sibling had gone shopping to, which I had no clue. But, apparently, it’s us who don’t tell my middle child anything. :mad: Oh, and we do nothing as well, despite the opposite being true for the last 2 bloody years.

But hey, who gives a crap if it’s me who has to put up with n’ saying nothing... cuz that would just cause more arguments. As my oldest sister likes to say: “We turned oot awrite, despite being raised by a single mother”

Aye, sure we did... Anxious. Neurotic. Overly aggressive. Violent. Ungrateful. Unreasonable. Uncivilised. Hypocritical. Narcissistic... we turn out grand ! :confused::mad:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Yea.

Your perspective should matter though.

I know... but I’ve kinda gotten accustomed to be ignored. As wrong as that is to say.

Did you end up learning the skills on your own? Thank you, I will try to tell myself I can do the things I'm doubting myself about more.

Most of them, yeah... take the limitations of my disability into consideration.

Sorry but how can I not be afraid of learning the necessary skills?

Well, again speaking from my own experience, it was either, learning to fend for myself as best I can, or face a life being overly dependent upon others. And as daunting is it was I pushed on, despite my fears or doubts.

That's good you were able to cope well without your mother living there (not being sarcastic btw). So you were still in pain from the surgery even a year after?

Slight pain, but that was mainly due to my body still adjusting to what I had done. As I kinda took the rehabilitation into my own hands, as the physiotherapy team were delayed in getting out to me by a week after I got my leg casts off. And they hadn’t been notified to give me initial home visits until I got the enough strength back in my legs to weight bare, then my rehab continued at the hospital. And as a result, I was back on my feet with 3 months as opposed to the 5 to 6 months that was projected when I initially said I wanted the surgery done.

Thank you for being happy to answer my questions. Wow, I hope it doesn't get gradually worse as you get older.

Since I was born with my disability, it will eventually get worse. But as long as I stay as fit and healthy as I possibly can it should get worse at the rate I was told it would when I was 12, and doctors told me I’d be wheelchair bound by the time I was 30. Even when I went for my surgery, one of the surgeon was surprised at how much leg strength I still had for my age.

Does she know you coped well on your own while she was gone in Ireland? Maybe that might change her mind about about thinking you can't cope on your own.

Oh, I told her both times, as did my oldest sister. While my Mum was impressed I’d managed without her, she wasn’t overly happy about it. Like she was happy for me, but kinda resented that I’d proven I can take care of myself, despite my disability. As my oldest sister pointed out, our mother always wanted to feel needed. That said, she has been less argumentative whenever I do something for myself or asked to help around the house since her trips to Ireland.

Kiwong

Feeling alright, connecting with people better, work is going well, my anxiety is way down. Now I find I have badly leaking heart valve. So what now, I beat anxiety, and have to deal with congestive heart failure? I ran 8km this morning so my heart can't be going to bad.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Feeling alright, connecting with people better, work is going well, my anxiety is way down. Now I find I have badly leaking heart valve. So what now, I beat anxiety, and have to deal with congestive heart failure? I ran 8km this morning so my heart can't be going to bad.
Does that mean you'll have to have surgery mate?

LoyalXenite

18308809.gif

LoyalXenite