How are you feeling?

Actually, it's that he doesn't deserve you Sarah.

But I do. I came back in time for you, Sarah.
giphy.gif

:lol: How did you know my last name was Connor?!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Like I haven't really given myself a proper rest in the last 4 months... as far just relaxing and not having to worry or be responsible for someone else. On the other hand, in that period of time I've done a few things that have been on my buck list. So ah cannae complain too much. :D

Graeme1988

Wondering why it is that am just stuck huvin to listen to these endless BS family arguments which always begins over the dumbest thing, like a f*ckin’ Facebook post! :thumbdown: Oh, the joys of social media age, eh? It’s really changed society for the better, hasn’t it?

Ah mean, y’know it’s the best when a Facebook post starts a massive argument that causes the youngest of your older sisters to start acting like a 15 year old spoiled rich kid. And all cuz she (the older sister) misread a post from the oldest sister offering to help her with something.
:eek:h: :eek:mg:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Wondering why it is that am just stuck huvin to listen to these endless BS family arguments which always begins over the dumbest thing, like a f*ckin’ Facebook post! :thumbdown: Oh, the joys of social media age, eh? It’s really changed society for the better, hasn’t it?

Ah mean, y’know it’s the best when a Facebook post starts a massive argument that causes the youngest of your older sisters to start acting like a 15 year old spoiled rich kid. And all cuz she (the older sister) misread a post from the oldest sister offering to help her with something.

Mate I can't stand the social media justice warrior mindset. Everyone's morally offended by everything.

People just need to harden the fk up. Seriously.

Graeme1988

Mate I can't stand the social media justice warrior mindset. Everyone's morally offended by everything.

People just need to harden the fk up. Seriously.

I know... that mentality has fuct my generation. :eek:mg: :eek:h:

My older sister is easily triggered that’s for sure. :bigsmile:

Though dinnae feel the least bit sorry fur me like. Aye, it’s hellish and $h!te to have to just put up with it. And always being the person that my mother and oldest sister vent to does get more than annoying at times.

But, on the other hand, there’s something quite hilarious in witnessing one of your siblings overreacting like she’s not matured beyond her teens and make a big deal of it whenever something goes wrong. :giggle:

Communicating online with someone in an online post, always carries a high risk of it being misinterpreted. Your sisters should just understand that and take that into account! :eek:h:
Not being able to see the person's facial expressions, and body language, combined with not being able to hear their tone of voice, how loud or soft they are speaking and any emphasis put on particular words, is like walking across a field filled with buried landmines.

Graeme1988

Communicating online with someone in an online post, always carries a high risk of it being misinterpreted. Your sisters should just understand that and take that into account! :eek:h:
Not being able to see the person's facial expressions, and body language, combined with not being able to hear their tone of voice, how loud or soft they are speaking and any emphasis put on particular words, is like walking across a field filled with buried landmines.

True, and I get that. But why vent to me about it? :confused: It’s not like ah actually give a f*ck...

The thing that gets me though is, this loud argument was caused by my oldest sister apparently agreeing to babysit for my older sister at some point this week via a Facebook message. And she (the older sister) just assumed that meant both kids would be going to stay with their auntie for the weekend. :eek:mg: I’ve only actually heard my oldest sister’s version of what happened explained to me; but it seems that she wrote a post saying she’ll babysit. And our middle sibling didn’t even both to ask for clarification on what was meant by that statement.

Ironic given how often she asks: “Why?”, “Eh?!” or, “Whit d’ye mean?” :kickingmyself: Whereas our middle sister’s version of events, as I overheard being told to our mother boils down to the following: “No ! She’s a f…ckin’ liar so she is ! Ah f…ckin’ hate when folk dae that !”

Don’t get me wrong both are in the wrong, but I’d say my older sis completely flipping out n’ roaring n’ shouting makes me side more with my oldest sister.

Graeme1988

Just got news that my local GP, who went missing last week, committed suicide. :sad: :crying:

What makes someone with a family and good job take their own life outta nowhere ? I get that we all have our struggles n’ what not. I even struggled with thoughts of suicide 14 years ago, when things weren’t going so well for me. But, you can’t keep up the front and fake smile forever, y’know...? ::(:

Just got news that my local GP, who went missing last week, committed suicide. :sad: :crying:

What makes someone with a family and good job take their own life outta nowhere ? I get that we all have our struggles n’ what not. I even struggled with thoughts of suicide 14 years ago, when things weren’t going so well for me. But, you can’t keep up the front and fake smile forever, y’know...? ::(:
Maybe the man was heavily in debt and was facing filing for bankruptcy.
Maybe the man's marriage was irrevocably damaged and his wife was about to leave him.
Maybe he had been a closet homosexual all his life and could not stand having to hide it anymore.
Maybe he had an affair with a young, local girl, she got pregnant and he could not handle his beloved wife finding out.
Maybe he had just found out that he had a condition that there is no cure for - like terminal cancer or multiple sclerosis - and he could not face the prospect of his beloved family having to watching him slowly deteriorate and die.

It is very sad that men often have difficulty reaching out to others for help, because our society labels men needing emotional help, as being "weak". It is cruel. :sad:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Maybe the man was heavily in debt and was facing filing for bankruptcy.
Maybe the man's marriage was irrevocably damaged and his wife was about to leave him.
Maybe he had been a closet homosexual all his life and could not stand having to hide it anymore.
Maybe he had an affair with a young, local girl, she got pregnant and he could not handle his beloved wife finding out.
Maybe he had just found out that he had a condition that there is no cure for - like terminal cancer or multiple sclerosis - and he could not face the prospect of his beloved family having to watching him slowly deteriorate and die.

All of those are within the realm of being possible reasons why. Not that I’m speculating as too the reason why...

It is very sad that men often have difficulty reaching out to others for help, because our society labels men needing emotional help, as being "weak". It is cruel. :sad:

Ah agreed with ya on that, Blue. I know for experience just how difficult it is to reach out for help. It’s not easy for the exact reason you mentioned there. Then you’ve also got the added hurdle of being raised to not really talk about yer problems or feelings as openly. Not all, but I’d say most men are raised like that.

At least that’s how it was for me. Every time I’d try to open up, the subject would suddenly be changed to something else by my mother. Or I’d get the dismissive questioning as to what exactly I had to depressed about. :kickingmyself:

Or even still, if I gave “Depressed” as my matter of fact response to the question: “How ya doing today?” My answer would get a laugh. Because a deadpan, monotone Scottish voice always equals :lol: :thumbdown:

Graeme1988

I wish my family would realise I'm not nearly as smart or as funny as they think I am. Seriously, I'm not. Nor am I a f*ckin' mind reader. :kickingmyself: Why d'some wimmin act as though men are? :idontknow:

Not saying that to make anyone go, "But ye are, Graeme. You just dinnae realise it". Sorry, but that's utter pish... Ah mean fair play for make the funniest joke at my expense if ye genuinely think I'm in any way smart than you. Cuz am no.

Anyway, I f*cked up again. Story o' my life... :sad:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Not in a good place... and ah mean that across the board. Physically, mentally, financially. Don’t see things getting any better, either. :sad: Still no heard back from my local housing department about a bungalow or flat that would meet my accessibility requirements. And that’s nearly a year since I sent my form away. :thumbdown: Probably should spread my option beyond my hometown?

As much as ah say it’s a laugh living with a bunch o’ women who start arguments about the smallest things, are emotionally unstable and constantly pessimistic. Ah think most o’ the time am laughing cuz otherwise I’d be in tears day in, day oot. :crying:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I unravel at the littlest things it feels like. I wind back up a lot quicker than I did a while ago, but the unraveling still occurs. I remember being concerned over the fact that I didn't have any (emotional) reaction to things not too long ago though. To a degree, I guess I would rather unravel then that. It's definitely better to have negative feelings than no feelings.

I unravel at the littlest things it feels like. I wind back up a lot quicker than I did a while ago, but the unraveling still occurs. I remember being concerned over the fact that I didn't have any (emotional) reaction to things not too long ago though. To a degree, I guess I would rather unravel then that. It's definitely better to have negative feelings than no feelings.
That is great that you are making progress in that you are able to now "wind back up a lot quicker" than you did before. vj. :thumbup:

It is interesting how even people who have lots of things in common, can still have completely opposite, little idiosyncrasies.

I would rather have no feelings, than have negative ones.

There's that saying "If everyone was the same, the world would be a boring place". I would welcome people's differences not being sooo intricately complex!!
Then the world would be a lot easier to live in, in my opinion. :thinking: