How are you feeling?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
This is the worst chair ever.

Next time I won't cheap-out on office furniture. This chair is called a "mid-back" design, which basically means a horizontal steel bar wedges directly up under your shoulder blades and makes life as an internet lardo Hell.

1-0, Walmart.

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
200.gif

I like you, Sarah. :D

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Still depressed about my situation. :sad: And I'm feel well, got an ear infection and a bit of a sore throat. But I've made slight dietary change and started eatin' porridge again for my breakfast, just for change as I usually skip breakfast. So far, so good. :thumbup:

Graeme1988

God bless you.. i got the cold/flu a while ago but now it's just a bit of a cold.

I'm kinda hoping this ear issue clears up shortly - can barely hear. Hopefully this cough doesn't get worse, as that the last thing I need.

I'm glad you're eating porridge for breakfast now, that's healthy if the ingredients r good and it's important.

Yeah, I haven't had it for awhile. I've been buying these ready made porridge pots that you just add hot water and milk to that my oldest sister recommended. And they seem to doing the trick as far my energy levels go, I'm not feeling as tired during the day as I was. :perfect:

Graeme1988

I'm feel quite nervous, going to get my eyes tested tomorrow, as I need stronger lens in glasses. And I failed the peripheral vision test last time - which was like those old 80s/90s video games - due to it being 16 years since I actually played video games. :sad:

Graeme1988

fruits and vegetables r good

That's reminds me, I really need overhaul my diet, and start eating healthier. Instead of going for the easy junk food options. :bigsmile: Though, at the moment, that's proving difficult with my mother unwilling to change. But once I get my own place... things will improve.

Graeme1988

Your mother's not willing to change her diet? you should try to convince her and tell her the scientific facts of it

Not just her diet, but in general, really. My mother says one thing and does the other most of tha time. Makes promises she has no intention of keeping.

As for the diet, I have tried to point out how all the junk food snacks and fizzy drinks are bad, but she's just dismissive. Told her about the health risks with her being overweight, and how that is contributing to her depression. I rarely venture into the kitchen cuz I know, the food that's actually healthy will be few and far. She doesn't exercise, either. Yet, she'll complains about joint pain, and over dramically proclaim, "Oh, ah cannae do that, ma knee's sore". :confused: :idontknow: Either her knee or hip, that's always the excuse when I point out that my pedal exerciser has different tension settings. But, no... she'd rather be a couch potato and lay about, watching TV. :kickingmyself:

And my oldest sister is always getting on at me, saying I should be motivating our mother to improve her health. And she just laughs when I say I do, but Mum doesn't listen. :thumbdown:

Graeme1988

Oh i see, good luck getting your eyes tested tomorrow!

Thanks, I'm gonnae need it. :thumbup: As my anxiety doesn't do so well under pressure. :giggle:

perhaps the way you scientifically explain it would be more impacting.:question:

Thought about that. But what good would me explaining it scientifically with articles to back me up do, if she refuses to take on board the information, and is instantly dismissive? Cuz she'll accuse me of droning on about it :eek:mg:

Graeme1988

Well, ah wus right ! Failed my peripheral vision test at the opticians... again ! :sad: :eek:mg: :kickingmyself: Dammit!!

Graeme1988

carrots r good for the eyes/vision.

Yeah, I know... but me pointing stuff like that out doesn't go down well. My family tend to laugh me off as being "obsessive" when I bang on about buying healthier food. :eek:mg: So, I've gave up trying make them see benefits of change, where food is concerned. :sad:

Graeme1988

Once again feeling like i'll never be perfect enough for my family.

I mean really , thats pretty much the jist: Be PERFECT or you're out . I remember growing up my dad always emphasized that everyone has to be the SAME...You're not allowed to be different

well what if you just ARE different by default?

Story of my life right there. Expect I grew up with a mother who rarely had good thing to say about me. But hey, I was never perfect for my family to begin with, really...

AtTheGates

Banned
^ :giggle: Sorry, I know ah shouldn't laugh, but that made me chuckle. :bigsmile:

I thought it was a bit amusing too. Nassar is definitely going to get whats coming to him. They'll likely send him to a federal prison but regardless, C.O.'s arent going to be able to have eyes on him 24/7 . Inmates wait til the C.O.'s are busy for a minute or two and THEN they carry out a hit on another targeted inmate for whatever reason. STG's like the bloods and gangster disciples probably already have their "crosshairs" on him, so to speak. Most likely the bloods though. I mean the guy's face is all over CNN so pretty much the whole world knows about his crime.

The thing about a crime like that (raping children)is authorities can try to protect Nassar from harm all they want, give him due process, and whatnot....but it isnt going to stop vigilantes from dealing their own unique form of punishment on him. His best bet is to be put in solitary confinement where no one can get to him..
That is , if authorities will give him that particular luxury (in HIS case it would be a luxury)...They might just throw him in general population because even in modified segregation he'd still get his a$s handed to him.

I feel about 2% bad for the guy and feel 98% along the lines of "He asked for it".

Last edited:

AtTheGates

Banned
On a separate note, I was thinking about som old freinds i used to have and realized that it is un****ingbelievable how many fake people iv come across in my life.

idk whats worse, not having freinds or having fake friends who stab you in the back and pretend to care about you when they really dont.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

True. I would opt for no friends or fake ones. Ah huv'nae got time for folk if they're just gonnae be lyin', backstabbing, cu*%$. :thumbdown: