How are you feeling?

Should probably be annoyed but I actually feel amused.

We got new work uniforms and my manager drops the bomb on me that I have to pay for my own uniform shirt. She charges me $15.00

I get the shirt, and there is a BIG sticker on it, in bright pink, that says $12.00. As if that weren't enough, it's a plain black shirt from Walmart. If I'd known, I'd have just gone to Walmart and bought it for the original $12.00.

I totally got ninja-ed. I couldn't help but laugh a little at the sneakiness of the whole thing.

LOL
I guess u already know Chinese ppl are some extremely penny-pinching and sneaky bastards. but that a prodcut of the culture we're born and raised in.

Harleyq

LOL
I guess u already know Chinese ppl are some extremely penny-pinching and sneaky bastards. but that a prodcut of the culture we're born and raised in.

ohhh yeah lol. When I started working for him, I couldn't believe how money-obsessed he and the other chefs were. They have these "good luck money" statues and figures and jewelry ALL OVER the restaurant and he gets upset if you deface those statues.

One time I actually got in trouble for reading a book during a period when there were no customers and the reason was because "reading is bad luck"

He's very enterprising, though. I found out that in addition to his 3 American restaurants where he serves Asian food, he has at least one more restaurant in China where he serves Southern American food, lol

WelshOne

What am I supposed to think of myself, when Angels hate me?

I had actually left this place behind me, but now I'm back, to complain some more about my life. I thought I had a friend I could talk to, but I have not a friend in the world. And now I don't want any, because I can see what I am, and if I am to be anyone's true friend then I should steer well clear of them.

What am I supposed to think of myself, when Angels hate me?

I had actually left this place behind me, but now I'm back, to complain some more about my life. I thought I had a friend I could talk to, but I have not a friend in the world. And now I don't want any, because I can see what I am, and if I am to be anyone's true friend then I should steer well clear of them.

oh come on you're just as valuable as any other human being in this world

P+G

I feel extremely annoyed. Why are some people just so rude? Can they not close their mouth, must they say something bad to make themselves feel better.

Harleyq

How did you find out :eek:

We have a Buddha statue with an open mouth and someone stuck a piece of paper in it. Boss walks by, sees it, and freaks out. It was highly disrespectful to him.

lmao I haven't heard of that one! reading is bad luck!? He might have just been deliberately messing with you lol

Nope, he didn't even tell me that one himself, the manager told me that was his rule - and she's not the kind of person to prank her employees. I was thinking "You've GOT to be kidding me...what kind of book-burning monster thought up that superstition?" lol

Awkward Annie

Not feeling great right now. Just got a text from my partner who is at their friends' house. (I was invited but turned down the invite at the last minute, nothing new there) :rolleyes: Apparently, one of the people there learned to play a song on the guitar just for me and now I feel like a bigger fool for chickening out of going.

Nope, he didn't even tell me that one himself, the manager told me that was his rule - and she's not the kind of person to prank her employees. I was thinking "You've GOT to be kidding me...what kind of book-burning monster thought up that superstition?" lol

That would be my dream job... to make up all kinds of wacky superstitions for people to follow.

Here's one: Before exams, you must hop backwards three times on ur left foot with ur index finger pointing to ur ear for good luck.

lol I'm gonna stop derailing this thread

Harleyq

I feel like I'm 10 years old. I bought the special edition dvd of Pocahontas today and then out of curiosity, I watched Twilight...that movie would SO be a straight-to-tv/dvd movie if it weren't for the twilight groupies. The cliches and melodrama were ridiculously funny.

limetree

I refuse to see any of the twilight movies unless someone straps me to popcorn and/in(?) a beanbag and promises me it's a pirated dvd. <:

I'm feeling nervous, Because my friend will be here over a few minutes.
We will practice for X factor. Saturday we will do an audition.
I know i'm crazy loll XD With SA it's really tough to do that, but it's my dream so.. ::p: