How are you feeling?

Damaged

Like I'm not wanted here (no surprise there:cool:).

I'd better not come on this site anymore. This is my last post.

Dont be a silly sausage.
People are going to have different opinions on a forum and in threads like that, it doesnt mean they dont want you on here.

I had a bad experience while I was out just now. Another patient questioned what I was wearing, so I asked him if it really matters and why he's so concerned about it in the first place. Then, he started questioning me about my ethnicity because he couldn't tell what I am, and when I told him, he started to make fun of me. To make matters worse, everyone nearby was just smiling as if they approved. I feel like ****.

Lorraine Manca

I had a bad experience while I was out just now. Another patient questioned what I was wearing, so I asked him if it really matters and why he's so concerned about it in the first place. Then, he started questioning me about my ethnicity because he couldn't tell what I am, and when I told him, he started to make fun of me. To make matters worse, everyone nearby was just smiling as if they approved. I feel like ****.

wow, thats really weird. im sorry that happened. at least you'll be rid of him eventually.

U

userremoved

Don't let him get you down, that guy probably has serious issues. There's no telling how he normally treats people. As for the other people smiling, I've learned that the average person usually doesn't go out of their way to stand up for a stranger. They were probably hoping he wouldn't make a spectacle of them also.

lyricalliaisons

Wow, that's terrible :mad:. Can you tell on him to anyone where you're staying? You might not feel comfortable doing that, but I would. People need to learn that they can't treat others that way. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. ::(:

lyricalliaisons

I'm forcing myself to sit in the garden right now. My counselors are monitoring how much time I spend outside of my room. "Don't come over here, don't come over here, nooo they're coming over here." I have a feeling that my social anxiety is being mistaken for rudeness. Some patients here form these tight bonds within a matter of days and I really don't understand it.

Do they know that you have social anxiety? If you ever have any group sessions or anything, maybe you could tell them you're not rude, but have social anxiety & come across that way because of it sometimes. I've had that happen to me before. People always think I'm rude, but I'm actually just scared.

M1tCh

Banned
You shouldn't wouldn't worry about it, Illumination. It's not worth your time, feelings, and all the rest of it.

Tangent

Banned
Frustrated by my lack of communication skills. I hate not being able to articulate my thoughts concisely or cohesively.

KiaraBlue

Some boy at work was analizing me and said some stuff about me that was of course true..that's why it hurts..he said that I'm tense, nervous (I thought I was hiding it well so...) , that I would be most happy if anyone wouldn't notice me and just look at the floor when talking to me..I was just smiling like an idiot..didn't know what to say at the moment. I hate when other people notice that I'm weak and insecure and point that out..why do they have to be so mean? I wish I wasn't so sensitive..::(:

Krista

Some boy at work was analizing me and said some stuff about me that was of course true..that's why it hurts..he said that I'm tense, nervous (I thought I was hiding it well so...) , that I would be most happy if anyone wouldn't notice me and just look at the floor when talking to me..I was just smiling like an idiot..didn't know what to say at the moment. I hate when other people notice that I'm weak and insecure and point that out..why do they have to be so mean? I wish I wasn't so sensitive..::(:

If you are sensitive it's because people have made you so, most likely. It's understandable and never fun to hear when you already feel that very way about yourself. Remember that although you were hurt, take comfort in the fact that you don't need to hurt others to feel good.

Like I'm not wanted here (no surprise there:cool:).

I'd better not come on this site anymore. This is my last post.

because of the other thread ??

I hope not !!

this is forum life , people debate issues , and if your prepared to write such controversial statements then you have to be prepared to accept equally passionate replies back .....

if anything you should be pleased with yourself to have provoked a little stimulation on a thread, so stop worrying about stuff and just crack on with it !!!
:D:D

KiaraBlue

If you are sensitive it's because people have made you so, most likely. It's understandable and never fun to hear when you already feel that very way about yourself. Remember that although you were hurt, take comfort in the fact that you don't need to hurt others to feel good.

Thank you, Krista..I will have that on my mind. :)

planemo

I feel a bit weird. I just came back from a trip to the mall. It was much quieter than compared to how it is on the weekends. I suppose that played a role. But for the first time in a long, long time, I didn't fall apart or have many feeling of being a freak amongst all the normal people. I even sat and had something to eat, and I hardly noticed anyone around me. I remember feeling guilty at not being in turmoil. It just feels weird not to be inwardly falling apart.