How are you feeling?

Happy. Mainly because I'm managing to go completely against human nature without feeling too bad about it.

I still have a long way to go, though...

Eating brownies and cookies now, in the morning (comfort). Just completed group, and I think I've been completing my daily goals that have been set for me. I've been trying to make myself more available to the other members of this house. I basically lived in total isolation before, so being near other people during every moment of the day is something to adjust to. I'm making eye contact, and I'm facing people when I speak to them. My exterior still disguises how I truly feel, deep down inside.

Bama_Heath

I feel really depressed. I tried to go out with some people the other night. It was my most recent group of friends although I have distanced myself from them for about 6 months now. It was one of my friends B'day so everyone was going out to eat and celebrate. About 20 people were there and I kept to myself the whole night and of course got labeled as the 'quite guy'. I had a miserable time. I had gone about 2 months without drinking alcohol but when I got home later that night I drank about 5-6 mixed drinks and sunk into the depths of depression for the rest of the weekend. I'm still jobless with no prospects because I don't even know where I want to even go from here career wise. I don't even like the field my college degree is in and feel like I am going to have to start all over at the age of 32. I'm lonely, scared, and most of all...depressed.

its frustrating when you see professionals like that who ask so many more questions than they ever answer. if you say i dont know too much, then its like you're not cooperating. but you cant make up answers either. i guess you have to trust that they can help and know what they're doing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like I always have to convincingly substantiate my problems, as if they aren't horrible enough on their own.

Marletta

Yesterday, I felt great because I finally finished something. Today, I feel mostly cloudy, like the weather. I always hate Mondays because it reminds me I don't have a job because of my lack of discipline and controll over myself.

I just went for a walk with the group again. I got the impression that a girl wanted to talk to me because she walked beside me for the duration of the walk, but I'm probably just thinking too highly of myself because maybe that doesn't mean anything, maybe she just decided to walk there for no particular reason. I pretended to be on my phone for the entire time and only managed to say something about a passing dog, lol. God, I'm a loser. I feel like a little boy again.